🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 2 — The Betsy Podcast

Happy Black Friday and welcome to another edition of the Betsy Podcast, with your host, Betsy Sodaro! Today Betsy's guest is Amanda Calzone, an Italian college student. Betsy and Amanda talk about their roots, their favorite wars, and how they make ideas. Then, Traci Reardon pops in to do her recurring segment, "Help Me, Rhonda," in which she and Betsy offer advice to Twitter followers.

HOLY SHIT IT'S BETSY SODARO

Definitely getting off to a great start with the guests!

I still giggle every time I remember her appearance on the Andy Daly Podcast Project.

"But whoa! Alas! I am changing, like a butterfly going through that one process."

• Like 16

HOLY SHIT IT'S BETSY SODARO

Definitely getting off to a great start with the guests!

I still giggle every time I remember her appearance on the Andy Daly Podcast Project.

"But whoa! Alas! I am changing, like a butterfly going through that one process."

There is a list of people I've gotten introduced to via podcasts that if I see their name pop up, I can't rush fast enough to get the episode. Betsy is very close to the top of that list. I love how much we get to see her shine in this one. Terrific stuff.

• Like 1

Man, this was awesome. I wish they would have dug into the Amanda Knox thing a little more, but c'est la vie (that's Italiano, right?). The fake commercials are so great.

Edit - Just listened through the Earwolf closing sting, which I don't normally do. Voiced by Stard and Lauren has an EP credit!

• Like 2

Reading the name Amanda Calzone alone has already made me break into laughter before even listening to the episode.

• Like 1

Oh my God, Amanda Calzone is in my top 3 Lapkus characs. This is already so great. "dormatorio."

• Like 1

Does anyone here speak or know someone who speaks Italian and can interpret Amanda Calzone's prayer?

My Father is very sick and I would like to use her prayer to heal him.

• Like 1

Edit - Just listened through the Earwolf closing sting, which I don't normally do. Voiced by Stard and Lauren has an EP credit!

Did Lauren eat pee on this episode?

• Like 1

In a world of oppressively awesome podcasts, WSGLL is rising to become the Ur-Queen of all comedy via sound. Our collective prison cell is the resulting laughter.

I pray that we are never freed from it.

I was wondering if this particular Lapkus character was going to make an appearance.

She was called Tracy in her original CBB appearance, so obviously that one was going to change.

Couldn't stop laughing when it was revealed her birth name was Amanda Knox. I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence that Lapkus named this particular character Amanda, but it was so perfect when Betsy knocked it out of the park.

• Like 3

Couldn't stop laughing when it was revealed her birth name was Amanda Knox. I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence that Lapkus named this particular character Amanda, but it was so perfect when Betsy knocked it out of the park.

That was one of the best accidental reveals ever hahaha

Betsy was my surprise favorite on TADPPP so I'm too excited to listen to this.

Another delightful episode!

Betsy's poem on the Andy Daly podcast is still one of my favorite Earwolf moments ever.

• Like 1

Does anyone here speak or know someone who speaks Italian and can interpret Amanda Calzone's prayer?

My Father is very sick and I would like to use her prayer to heal him.

I think it means... "Bend over, bitch?"

• Like 1

This podcast was... Tell me what to say, tiny dog! Good! Thanks, tiny dog! Now they love me!

So is greek god head births going to be a recurring joke here? I'm down with that.

• Like 6

Those water drinking sounds made me crave a nice cold beverage more than any Pepsi Next commercial ever could

• Like 2

So is greek god head births going to be a recurring joke here? I'm down with that.

Every podcaster seems to have their own touchstone reference: Uatu the Watcher, Slimer, and now Greek god head births.

At the very least, it's less graphic than Lapkus' trademark scene premise on improv4humans (though no less funny for it).

• Like 2