🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JLivermore

Questions about TV show

Question 1) Why is the TV show not often discussed on the forum?

Question 2) Why was the first ad break for condoms for a show whose viewers clearly cannot get laid? I was asleep before it aired last night (Friday 10 PM CST) and awake and watching it Saturday morning before 10 AM (as opposed to going out to brunch with a lover or friend).

I don't really need condoms when I masturbate. I mean, it's a luxury, but not one I feel particularly entitled to.

Look forward to your views and responses.

Question 2) Why was the first ad break for condoms for a show whose viewers clearly cannot get laid?

Speak for yourself. Maybe it's just me, but for me, I get bloopy jays and hammer jammers all the time.

• Like 2

i waas wondering the same thing about there not being a thread devoted to the tv show. hmmmm... i watch it every week within 3 days of air date!

I think we don't often discuss the television show because, ultimately, this is a forum for the podcast! Also, as most of our discussion takes place in threads created by admins for specific episodes, I think we're mostly unaccustomed to starting new threads.

Also also, a lot of us probably don't watch it live, or even shortly after it airs, while we wait for a home video release. I wish I could! I'd love to help Scott keep it on the air. I've watched every episode on Netflix multiple times, and plan to pick up the DVDs soon (money's been tight! sorry!)! But I don't got no cable, and that's not likely to change any time soon.

• Like 1

I always watch it live, and Scott and the CBB account are always active on Twitter during it, so that provides my online discussion fix.

• Like 2

I usually watch them within the weekend of their original airing but I don't think the comedy is on par with the podcast usually. This past week's was pretty good, Lapkus killed it and the bit about bloopyjays and hammerjammers ruined me

• Like 2

I usually watch them within the weekend of their original airing but I don't think the comedy is on par with the podcast usually. This past week's was pretty good, Lapkus killed it and the bit about bloopyjays and hammerjammers ruined me

agreed that the show isn't up to the podcast but I still love it and every episode usually has at least a couple of great moments. This last one with Jon Daly was a liiittttle weird with his Bill Cosby Bukowski. Just bad luck it aired at this time. Still laughed at the absurdity of Daly in a cosby sweater playing such a ridiculous character. I wonder what a non podcast listener made of it.

• Like 1

agreed that the show isn't up to the podcast but I still love it and every episode usually has at least a couple of great moments. This last one with Jon Daly was a liiittttle weird with his Bill Cosby Bukowski. Just bad luck it aired at this time. Still laughed at the absurdity of Daly in a cosby sweater playing such a ridiculous character. I wonder what a non podcast listener made of it.

yeah Bill Cosby Bukowski used to be my favorite character but everything lately has made "Who is the most fuckable Huxtable?" very uncomfortable

I just heard about Reggie getting the job as bandleader for some non-fake (aka boring) late night talk show. I'm happy for him but what does this mean for comedy bang bang?

I just heard about Reggie getting the job as bandleader for some non-fake (aka boring) late night talk show. I'm happy for him but what does this mean for comedy bang bang?

duh, Jenny Lewis takes over.

• Like 3

Scott said that Reggie will be on the first half or so of next season, then there will be a replacement.

This last one with Jon Daly was a liiittttle weird with his Bill Cosby Bukowski. Just bad luck it aired at this time.

yeah Bill Cosby Bukowski used to be my favorite character but everything lately has made "Who is the most fuckable Huxtable?" very uncomfortable

I think we're burying the lead with this one. Is it possible that Jon Daly accurately predicted the future and may also be some sort of Time Bobby?

• Like 3

i really like Scott's reality show spoofs on the show. the Man cave one makes me laugh just thinking about it. i giggle uncontrollably. Also there is one from season 2 where he slowly turns into Guy Fieri that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

One of those segments also gave birth to the classic line WHY DON'T YOU EAT SHIT, JANET?

• Like 4

I watch the TV show, but I think it's the structure that brings it down compared to the podcast, namely that there even is one.

I think British panel shows would've been a better format to aim for, honestly, but it's still super watchable and fun.

Question 2) Why was the first ad break for condoms for a show whose viewers clearly cannot get laid?

Shiiiiit...I've been flipping through vaginas ever since I became a big boy.

• Like 2

since this is the most recent thread here discussing the tv show, figured I'd post this here:

ifc20141210.jpg

http://www.thefutonc.../20141210ifc01/

cool list.. I'm excited for the Cudi and Q episodes. I'm VERY interested in the Eddie George episode...just never have seen him do anything like this before. Anyways here's hoping he finally gets Dana Carvey AND we get a season 5.

just watched the latest ep and Tears for Fears totally needs to make another pod appearance

I really want to spring for the iTunes versions of all seasons, as they're HD, vs the SD DVDs. But I'm worried that I'll miss out on the bonus materials and commentaries. Anyone bought the iTunes versions? ARE there any B-B-B-Bonus materials / iTunes Extras attached to them?

Sign in to follow this