🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 61 — Pauly Shore, Our Close Friend

Brett Gelman will be on the show to discuss how many weird boners he got watching Peter Pan Live! last night. You can try to ask questions, Popcorn Gallery, but there may not be time to even get to them.

Dear Brett, I just watched the Skelington Twins with Bill Heder and Christian Wigg. It was not scary. Who is your favorite Sklar?

Yo, I can't believe Talk About Slightly Esoteric UK Comedy Week had to fall in lock step with Every School Project Due All At Once Week. Missed a load of good chat. That said, I would like to throw my hat in the ring with Black Books, Father Ted and Bit of Fry & Laurie if you don't mind. So laughs. Such wow. I would have been even more of a nightmare garbage person in high school without that stuff informing my attitude. Hugh Laurie up there with the greatest of all time people.

Also, just in terms of very good television that everyone should watch since that seemed to be a theme: Happy Endings and The Middle please and thank you. Happy Endings is the lifeblood, the business plan, the power animal.

Also again, I agree with everyone's conflicting Pauly Shore commentary. Dude's divisive. Though I am admittedly a bit cheesed he disregarded my question and indirectly insulted my name, even if he was baited by the Shayzie Boys.

brgrout

• Like 1

Does anyone actually "rep" the South Bay? I feel like that's kind of gauche. I mean, what are you actually representing? Gentrification and increasing wealth disparities in an already economically lop-sided metropolitan area? That doesn't seem like something most people would "rep."

Classic Chanson swing-and-a-miss. South Bay has a significantly smaller gentrification problem than SF and Oakland/Berkeley.

I mean, it's probably only because we did our gentrification 40 years ago and it's finished by now, but either way...

• Like 1

What sides are you guys taking in the War On Christmas? I lean pro but I'm keeping an open mind.

• Like 4

What sides are you guys taking in the War On Christmas? I lean pro but I'm keeping an open mind.

I am anti christmas, and thus pro war on christmas

• Like 3

last christmas i gave u my heart but the very next day you threw a grenade

• Like 9

I am an anti-Christ-mas. I am an anarchist-mas.

• Like 3

Every time Chris Evans plays baseball and misses the ball and gets struck out, I get totally bummed out. So needless to say I'm anti Chris Miss. I don't want him to miss!

• Like 5

Can we all delete those emails you sent asking us to set that joke up, Jacob? My gmail's at 99% and I'm cleaning house baby! I keep a clean G for the inevitable day when the boys call me up and ask me to play roulette with them.

• Like 6

Pauly Shore's part disconnected curmudgeon, part aggro-bro with a lifted truck; everyone else was funny though!

• Like 1

I once spent a day with Pauly Shore. He called me baby Mike in his weasel voice multiple times.

topical

Have you heard of this new movie Avatar? It's supposed to kick ass. It's all done on the computer now.

This was my first Hollywood Handbook listen and I did come away feeling like I learned something about Hollywood. I thought the hosts were fantastic too.

I'M CONFUSED!

Was Pauly Shore playing along and was acting the part?
After listening to so much CBB etc, I legit can't tell if he's making it up or if he's being genuine(ly terrible)