🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 104 — Trace Ya Later

Steve Agee & Dan Telfer are here to stay as they join the Nerd Poker gang officially! This time around the gang decide to either fend off some blue giants or make their way to the docks.

• Like 3

this is exciting! I hope rick decides to make some guest appearances at some point tho. Love his ridiculousness!

• Like 1

Damn, I'm going to really miss Sarah. :( :( :( I haven't listened to the whole episode yet but I'm really surprised they didn't just start over from scratch with two new permanent players joining the fray.

Yeah a fresh start might be nice now that Blaine has some DMing reps in, but still, this is fantastic news!

• Like 2

You guys know about Young Ones? Never realised this got across the pond

Off the top of my head, because I should know this, other bands were, Radical Posture, Nine Below Zero, The Damned, Some guy doing a Buddy Holly parody, another guy playing instruments from dustbin lids.

Sad news that Sarah has gone, but good to see permanent fixtures. Yes please start afresh, we need a story now.

• Like 2

Yeah a fresh start might be nice now that Blaine has some DMing reps in, but still, this is fantastic news!

I just finished binge listening to all the past episodes of NP and I am happy to say I am finally up to date. Well, "happy" isn't exactly the right word as now I will have to wait week-to-week with everyone else, which kind of blows.

Anyway, I have to agree with Snake, Shampoodler, and SteFoster. I think Blaine is a great DM, but I feel like, on the whole, the show has been in kind of a holding pattern since Sark left. It hasn't really been a "campaign" so much as a series of encounters, and while these encounters can be (and often are) hilarious, I am not really seeing a goal or purpose. There's not (as much as I hate to use the term) a "big bad." I also feel like, because of the indefinite-ness of everybody being out and the "store sock-ness" of Gerry and Sarah's characters, that (aside for maybe Hug) they are not really as invested in their characters.

I think Dan and Steve are fantastic additions to the cast and feel they have earned the right to roll characters of their own instead of piloting hand-me downs; characters that reflect their own personalities. I say, unless Blaine has an overall story he is building towards, start fresh. At the very least retire (or respectfully murder) Winter and Lyra (sp?) and give Dan and Steve full control.

• Like 3

Don't forget Amazulu! And did they say Madness? And Dexys Midnight Runners! And Blaine said "Squeeze" but I think that was actually Ken Bishop's Nice Twelve, which, IIRC had some Squeeze members and maybe Stewart Copeland from the Police?

Sign in to follow this