🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 209 — China Adjacent Apartments

Howard and Kulap start off the show with a taste of the best and worst salads of the past week. Plus, if you’re the type of Chartist that wants to see people get drunk and act out the movie Armageddon, then meet Mo Mandel! Howard and Kulap welcome Mo to the show to talk about his new show Barmagedden. Then, Mo and Howard compare their unique Nickelodeon voice over skills. Later, the gang deliberates over what level of grad school you need to attend in order to understand the movie Interstellar. Lastly, Mo takes questions from Chartists!

I think its hilarious that Howard gets asked enough about the power salad on twitter that he had to make this public service announcement before the show could start. I will admit that I have made the Howard Power Salad or "Hower Salad" sans lemon juice dressing, and I was into smoovies already but fell in love with his almond/almond smoovie. I don't care if it all comes from Pete Holmes, Howard should keep rolling out the recipes so chartists can live like true sultans of Summah

That's it I am moving to LA. Between things like Tru tv and Fuel etc

Who can't get a show now?

To be very clear this is no slight against Mo- I really know nothing about him it IS a statement that it seems easier and easier to work now if you're willing to do shows from people like the producers of Wipe Swap.

Yo- both links including the GuCruise t-shirt go to the Kulap socks and not the t-shirt.

Yo- both links including the GuCruise t-shirt go to the Kulap socks and not the t-shirt.

should be fixed thanx!

That's it I am moving to LA. Between things like Tru tv and Fuel etc

Who can't get a show now?

To be very clear this is no slight against Mo- I really know nothing about him it IS a statement that it seems easier and easier to work now if you're willing to do shows from people like the producers of Wipe Swap.

I do know Mo, and I know that he has worked his ass off for years to get where he is today. Feel free to criticize where he is in his career, but don't be unfair about it. The man works hard!

• Like 2

Awww, I really wanted Howard to love Interstellar. I'm no science buff and thought it was easy to follow. But I also hate movies you just zone out to- I'm used to giving my attention 100% to every second of a film. And the science does check out, they developed the script with physicist Kip Thorne over a span of 8 years... I can see how the last 40 minutes would be up for grabs though... it really bothered me when he said the science of the film was basically bunk.

/endrant

Besides that, amazing episode as always!

I think its hilarious that Howard gets asked enough about the power salad on twitter that he had to make this public service announcement before the show could start. I will admit that I have made the Howard Power Salad or "Hower Salad" sans lemon juice dressing, and I was into smoovies already but fell in love with his almond/almond smoovie. I don't care if it all comes from Pete Holmes, Howard should keep rolling out the recipes so chartists can live like true sultans of Summah

I sympathize that Howard's sick of salad talk, but on today's episode he said the main part of the salad is something like "super greens" or "power greens" or something like that. What kinda greens are we talking about?

I sympathize that Howard's sick of salad talk, but on today's episode he said the main part of the salad is something like "super greens" or "power greens" or something like that. What kinda greens are we talking about?

He's talking about 'Super Greens' which is a branded mix of greens by Organic Girl. Comes in a clamshell container. I think it's just kale and spinach and other stuff.

Who Charted? cookbook?

• Like 3

Who Charted? cookbook?

"Heal wit My Meals" with DBS as the chef. Cooking show that features mustard recipes from stard, salads from DBS, and whatever Ku wants to make. If nothing else it could be an awesome funny or die video.

• Like 3

I do know Mo, and I know that he has worked his ass off for years to get where he is today. Feel free to criticize where he is in his career, but don't be unfair about it. The man works hard!

yikes! reading comprehension in a post totaling about 60 words?

was the OP writing "to be very clear this is no slight against Mo" not enough to get the sense that they were not criticizing him? Just wanted to name drop? okay

I hope Mo's new shows also get picked up by Tru TV to push some more Afleck DVD sales, like "Peal HarBar", "Chaser Amy", "Forces of Natty Light" and "Gigli & Tonic".

I'm so glad Kulap mentions how Hunger Games is a blatant rip-off of Battle Royal. I've been ranting about this since i saw the first one with my girlfriend and nobody ever knows what I'm talking about.

• Like 2

I'm so glad Kulap mentions how Hunger Games is a blatant rip-off of Battle Royal. I've been ranting about this since i saw the first one with my girlfriend and nobody ever knows what I'm talking about.

I'm sure people like you know what Battle Royale is, I do and I'm not that in tune with the underground movie scene, foreign movie scene, or any and everything Chinese/Japanese in entertainment. If it makes you feel any better I've heard that said many times, but at the end of the day there are fewer and fewer story ideas that could be considered really new and fresh. Just about any out there storyline is going to have something that resembles something that came before it, unless its so outlandish and insane that it's awful

• Like 1

It's true, this has never come up before.

• Like 1