🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jarrycanada

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

none of the things that we love, NO C3PO, no R2D2. just some fucking rolling ball robot droid.I know this is going to be a 50/50 slit upon tell we see the full movie but what is up with that light saber sword.

the-force-awakens-lightsaber-meme-1.jpg

This is the scene that did it for me. that cross saber. it's really a stuped idea.

None of the stars of the movie are in the trailer. and dont' get me started about yodas voice. I could do a better yoda then who ever that guy was. I've seen guys at comic con do a better yoda.

May as well of got this guy,

I love most of J.J. Abrams work, but i think this could be his breaking point. I had the same feeling when the The Phantom Menace got made and it started with Jar Jar Binks in the second traller I think? Not sure. but as soon as i had seen Jar Jar Binks I knew I wasn't going to like this movie and I hated all three of them.

I just wish they would just leave star wars alone and restore the originals and undo all the crazy CGI shit that lucas did to the original movies.

That's Andy Serkis and I'm about 222% sure he's not doing Yoda. Yoda has been dead for 30 years in the timeline of the movie.

And come on man, *none* of the things we love? The trailer ends with a beauty shot of the Millennium Falcon while John Williams' Star Wars fanfare plays fer cryin' out loud!

• Like 1

but that's it, Millennium Falcon and it looks new or restored not sure what's up with that.

John Williams music played in Phantom Menace too remember. that doesn't mean anything.

You maybe right that its not Yoda, it could be a Yoda type character not sure but we don't get to see him so it feels like a bad cartoon version of Yoda. it could be like Simon Pegg's character who's playing a cousin of jar jar and Andy Serkis is playing a future Yoda type character we have yet to meet. we never did ever learn where the hell Yoda was from. sure hope they explain that. LOL not. Mind you it does sort of sound like yoda.it's just odd.

In all fairness there really isn't much in that trailer or teaser too really judge.

we will have to see.

I hope your right, seanotron. but it is a disney movie and not George Lucas.

George Lucas has clearly demonstrated himself to be a poor steward of the Star Wars universe. Hence, his divesting himself of the franchise and the company that spawned it.

I predict that there will be no Yoda in these films. The entire point is that Luke Skywalker will be this generation's Yoda, and the trio from the original trilogy will be tertiary characters that entrust the Force (read: the future of the franchise) to John Boyega's and Daisy Ridley's characters. They're absent from the teaser trailer because they no longer represent the future of the series.

• Like 1

PlanBFromOuterSpace - Soccer Ball Droid. :)

someone placed a fake starwars photo in the IMDB page.

Darth vader selfie photo.

http://www.imdb.com/...6?ref_=md_md_nx

I can't paste it here because iMDB has some random number changing photos paths on all of it's photo urls.

fuck all ya'll, I'm excited for this new Star Wars, I'm going to think it's the greatest thing ever at least right up until it premieres. then, we'll see. but until then, fuck you its Star Wars motherfuckers!

• Like 3

This will be a great movie, if any of JJ Abram's past Star Wars movies are any indication.

• Like 1

How could you ever think that the VO was Yoda? Meesa think you no really Star Wars fan huh ?

• Like 2

And I think Boyega is gonna be awesome. If Attack The Block is any indication of how cool he can be while fighting aliens, then I'm in.

• Like 3

I think JJ will do a great job with the films. Even though I thought Star Trek 2 was more than a bit of a bummer. I'd give anything if the next Star Trek movie was about Picard and Crew instead of Kirk.

The original movies were great, but lets not pretend that George Lucas was ever a master of writing dialogue, and after the prequels the series only has an upward trajectory.

The best thing about the trailer, not a single mention of trade federations. Or long shots of the senate.

Since this thread will likely continue until next December (and beyond), which characters should be nicknamed "Sith Dick 1", "Sith Dick 2", etc?

• Like 6

My fingers are crossed that the twist concerning the villain are true because it would be a good bounce off point for the new trilogy and address stuff that has been hinted at in the past in other mediums with Star Wars.

Sign in to follow this