🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 62 — Jarrad Paul, Our Close Friend

Hayes and Sean start the show by addressing some of the criticism for the last episode with Pauly Shore in an edition of "Ehh... Wrong!", where intern Andy is back to help the guys fight the online storm. Then, actor, director, screenwriter, and friend JARRAD PAUL is in the studio to share the 6 rules of filmmaking. Finally, the Popcorn Gallery is back with a special twist!

• Like 2

I thought that Pauly Sure was maybe not a great guest, but now it's clear that I was ehh wrong, I just have to hold my hands up to that one.

Did Sean get back into his car?

• Like 9

I don't think that the thing that the one guy said but you guys didn't talk about was meant to imply what you guys didn't say it was meant to. I think he probably didn't think about it in the terms you guys mentioned but then didn't actually mention. Also, I think he would ask how the strategy of getting the guests with the most Twitter followers and stuff is working out after over a year of podcasts. And then he would probably drop the mike... Assuming he heard the thing you guys didn't actually talk about on the podcast, of course. Which he didn't.

He probably also really liked that Andy Kneis was there.

• Like 8

I'd like to pull my thumb out of my ass for a moment, brave the cold, and give this episode a big one, pointed straight up.

• Like 19

Okay, I'm really confused. In the episode description it says that Jarrad is in the studio, and there is a picture of him in the studio, but Jarrad says that he is on an airplane. Is that picture a Photo-shopping and the description is lying? I think that has to be it.

• Like 3

One thing that made me pretty mad about this episode is Sean making fun of us for warming our thumbs in our butts, but never offers any better alternative to keeping my big nubs from freezing off. Share your knowledge pls.

• Like 2

Do you guys think Sean and Hayes have ever just had a nice, long, sincere bro hug?

P.s. Andy was really good.

• Like 4

Since when are people allowed to talk about this show in other places besides this fucking brain trust of a forum?

• Like 13

Since when are people allowed to talk about this show in other places besides this fucking brain trust of a forum?

RIGHT? I was shocked and appalled.

I refuse to accept that the show's listenership is expanding and more and more people are talking about it.

EDIT: Also, I want to say that Andy did a very good job today, and also a very nice job. He was funny and smart, even if he did forget to properly prep Mr. Paul

• Like 3

When I found the SomethingAwful thread about Earwolf with all those familiar avatars, I felt so betrayed. Greggy, I thought you were a one-forum man.

• Like 9

Thanks everyone for the kind words I hope I made everyone proud. I had to let those laughs fly.

• Like 17

This seems like a crucial moment in the evolution of the host-audience dynamic for this show. Look, people, we are the ones with all the power here, and Sean and Hayes need to wake up and smell what side the bread is buttered on. Allow me to explain a little further - it's called the free market! They provide a service for us, which is them interviewing smart, funny guests who are famous enough that we've maybe heard of them but who are also relatable and who meet our all our expectations! Sean and Hayes work for US. In exchange, there is a tacit agreement that when they eventually get sponsors and I eventually make a little extra money, I will consider buying something from said sponsor. As an illustrative test case, I came very close to looking up the webpage for those poop musicians to reward Sean and Hayes for successfully satisfying my expectations. I may still try to find them on bitTorrent. Anyway, this is a critical moment: if we let them get away with having super famous guests who are maybe not totally familiar with the dynamic of the show, they are just going to keep pushing boundaries and doing the things that THEY want to do, and that amuse themselves instead of us. Sean and Hayes, if you are reading this, putting out a free podcast comes at a cost and that cost is that you don't get to do whatever the hell you want to. You OWE US!!!

Also, great show today, keep up the good work!

• Like 2

One thing that made me pretty mad about this episode is Sean making fun of us for warming our thumbs in our butts, but never offers any better alternative to keeping my big nubs from freezing off. Share your knowledge pls.

I've been trying to stick my thumb in my eye, but with only middling success so far. I'm not ready to give up on it though, and I'll let you know if I figure it out.

• Like 2

When I found the SomethingAwful thread about Earwolf with all those familiar avatars, I felt so betrayed. Greggy, I thought you were a one-forum man.

'greggy' is a cross-internet brand that i capitalize on to the tune of 27 twitter followers

• Like 18

it's about time something awful got its comeuppance. I hate it. also I'm going to change my avatar here to the one I have on something awful to synergize my brand.

• Like 8

it's about time something awful got its comeuppance. I hate it. also I'm going to change my avatar here to the one I have on something awful to synergize my brand.

haha i was wondering which one u were

• Like 2

Something Awful used to be pretty great; their old instant-messenger pranks are still really fun to go back and read. But now? They're Something not good, if you ask me!