🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 62 — Jarrad Paul, Our Close Friend

Chanson you were very nice and polite. You just allowed them to rant, which was good because that's when they are at their funniest.

Brgrho, you probably were fine. Letting them walk all over you makes for good podcasting. I think maybe I talked too much. I am having some serious post-call in depression.

• Like 3

They just hung up on everyone, I guess that's it. I got through, sort of!

• Like 1

They said you looked like Jason Mantzoukas but it was hard to hear because everyone was talking/someone had a lot of background noise.

Valerie, I think I am in your camp now. Call ins are rough. All the awkwardness of a phone conversation being recorded for everyone to hear for all eternity. Ugh.

• Like 1

Oh no! Sorry Brett. I was so happy that you were the engineer there. It made me a little less nervous.

• Like 1

"thank you, that's true" So cool to get to make my mark. Charlie Murphy Brown was on before us and they laid into him for copying Sean which was really funny.

• Like 2

I only got a little taste, where they put everyone left in the queue on at once. But now I'm chasing that dragon, I hope they do another.

P.S. hi bret

• Like 1

Mmmm. Yes. Admittedly, I had them on speakerphone, which they did not appreciate, and was otherwise generally ill-prepared for public mouth talkings. I get aggressive when the nerves kick in and, unfortunately, the nerves did not kick in so I let them walk all over me like some kind of terrible Engineer Chanson Frankenstein.

LIVE AND LEARN.

I heard you're portion and it was great! The duck rant was so good.

hi brett, thanks for dumping a whole load of 23-29 yr olds on Hayes.

• Like 1

Dear Sean,

Sorry I lashed out at you. That was wrong. You're good on the show, too. I've just been under a lot of stress lately because my dog, Dreidel, has been really unruly and jumping on frail old people and almost injuring them and it's causing me a lot of stress because she's a danger to the public. Next time I call in I'll be better.

Love,

Chanson

• Like 3

I took a selfie with some of you guys during the call mostly for posterity, but now it's just a time capsule of my shame.

hIWDbI2.png

Also, hey, Brett.

Also, I have been out of likes for the past hour. So, I mean no disrespect to anyone. I'll get ya on the flipside.

• Like 10

Brgrho, I like the selfie and I share your shame. Call ins are rough.

I too have been out of likes. All of you are amazing!

• Like 2

Come on LinkedIn, do you think I would ever connect with the Alpha of the Wolf Den? EHH! WRONG.

oPwM5WT.png

• Like 2

I like how they term it "quickly connect to some people we think you know."

To everyone feeling bad: I've never been to a show and left saying "whoa that audience member killed it!" just remember that the show's not about you and as long as you didn't try to prank them or aggressively steal the spotlight you probably did really well!

• Like 2

All of you did really bad and we are all going to laugh at you in a couple of days and your parents will disown u

lol jk

e: hey brett hows the 360 3d livecam feed to my oculus rift going, it's been weeks!!! >: (

Sorry for using the angry smiley but I just get really worked up about new technology!

I'm just worried that if you guys did a bad job that Scott Awkwardman will make them end the Hollywood Handbook show, and make them move to New Orleans and start up a third podcast called "The 'Hollywood South' Handbook." Then they'd probably want me to show them around town and introduce them to John Goodman and Brad Pitt, and I'd have to spend hours and hours explaining the significance of "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and "22 Jump Street." Who's got time for all that noise? Technically, I do, but it seems exhausting.

you guys all did really really ok

Haha! Thanks, Brett!

I tried calling at the time posted, but my work break was over 15 minutes later. Im self employed just very strict about break times and getting back to work cause they say when you retire you're really just waiting to die, which is something a coworker of mine once said to a retired couple when we were installing their home entertainment system. It was painful.

• Like 4

I hope this episode is called Salad, Chanson, Anastasia, Brian, Andrew, Sam, Bruce, Grant, James and Others, Our Biggest Fans.

• Like 7

I'm kinda bummed I didn't get to hear everyone else. I'm really looking forward to this episode except for the part I'm in. I'm gonna cringe so hard during that part.

I really like the call-in episodes but probably not all the time. It's cool when so many of us participate. I enjoyed it a lot even though I think I was characterized as a terrible human being (not that I'm not a terrible human being, but for different reasons than those mentioned). I also acknowledge that it's very likely my fault I was characterized in such a way. Also, I didn't get to ask about Real World: Skeletons, which I honestly wanted to hear about from Sean ad Hayes.

• Like 2