🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ShaunIllingworth

SpaceCamp

This came out a few months after the Challenger disaster, and that could be the reason why Space Camp was not a box office success.

It even has Lea Thompson, Kelly Preston, Kate Capshaw, Tate Donovan and a young Joaquin Phoenix (then known as Leaf)!

• Like 1

I own a 2-pack of this and War Games. It is perfect and I love it.

And let's remember that the reason that the shuttle has to be launched is because of ROBOTS. A robot that has befriended Leaf Phoenix makes NASA think that the shuttle is going to blow up unless it is launched. I just imagine the scriptwriter who has been saddled with this high premise (because clearly "kids in space" was the pitch and then they had to figure out how to make that happen) trying to figure out how and then landing on robots.

• Like 1

I remember a period of 5 years where Flight of the Navigator was THE movie that my grade school would always show in class during half days. We must have seen it a dozen times. Each time, when his brother yells, "Don't take no shit!" it was either clumsily edited out (pausing the recording VCR before resuming) or a teach had to be on standby to fast forward.

I loved it dearly as a kid. It's still watchable..just silly.

I love that NASA has seemingly invented a learning-capable robot with FEELINGS who apparently can access anything in the facility, and for some reason this isn't considered a scientific breakthrough. They just treat him like some kind of cute pet instead of the obvious beginning of SkyNet.

• Like 3

After the whole 'what's its mission' hilarity I extra want June to see the baffling robot hijinks in Space Camp.

It's always easier when the movie is on Netflix... but like Mac & Me or the Star Wars Holiday Special it is on youtube (split into 7 parts).

• Like 1

This is one of those movies that they played in grade school. The only time I've ever seen it was in grade school and I'm pretty sure I saw it daycare and in like first grade which would've been like 1989.

Sign in to follow this