🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 210 — Artisanal Podcasting

Kulap and Howard welcome to the show, pioneer of the conceptual podcast, Matt Gourley, host of SuperEgo. Matt gives insight into the other realms of this rapidly growing medium. Then, Howard gives his take on how Serial, the murder mystery podcast, will come to an end. Also, the gang jests about some of their most recent live concerts that they've attended. Later, Howard and Matt discuss the hardships of explaining to your parents what a podcast is. Lastly, Matt answers some of the most challenging questions Chartists have ever come up with.

Sometimes you wanna go, where every season is summah

for real that photoshop job on Howard's head is hilarious but who is front left? Having trouble identifying that one

So for "starbucks lovers" the Taylor Swift song they pitched, it would just be clips of her mixed with clips of Jason Alexander in the Nickelback video as a barista intercut with each other, get on that chartists

for real that photoshop job on Howard's head is hilarious but who is front left? Having trouble identifying that one

It's the illustrious Stard!

99% of Howard's insane ruminations are on the right side of the amusing/infuriating line, but his Interstellar discussions are crossing the event horizon.

Great episode. Matt is an absolute champ.

• Like 3

*Cough

http://www.pepperjackhymen.com/

It's no Shredstaurant, and I'm no artist (obviously). But it is something related to Who Charted, and it's on the interwebs.

Half-assed efforts by old guys are as good as it gets.

I do see Guiceman's shoes decorating the earwolf studio wall, and that looks awesome!

• Like 5

It's the illustrious Stard!

99% of Howard's insane ruminations are on the right side of the amusing/infuriating line, but his Interstellar discussions are crossing the event horizon.

Great episode. Matt is an absolute champ.

I'm trying to figure out how I can find time to go see interstellar before they stop showing it in IMAX, because I hate listening to the whooch/twooch and fearing serious spoilers every time the film comes up. But I lost it when Howard compared string theory to learning about trash compactors in star wars, vintage Howard

Thanks for the help, I figured it was stard but it didn't look like him at all

• Like 4

Matt Gourley is one of those people that I would never have found if not for podcasting and I can't live without. For sure one of the most talented and under-appreciated parts of the society.

• Like 10

A billion percent correct on the "look, I'm acting!" Hathaway and JGL takes.

Dang. No love from Howard. And I was going to try and get him a special tour of the Aquarium if they ever were in the mid Atlantic.

I'd be a little more understanding if he was mad about shows that are filmed here but set elsewhere like VEEP and House of Cards.

But I lost it when Howard compared string theory to learning about trash compactors in star wars, vintage Howard

The thing that annoys me is his repeated insistence that you have to understand string theory to enjoy Interstellar. You know, because the idea of worm holes hasn't been addressed in dozens of other TV shows and movies, and wasn't explained in very simple terms in Interstellar. So I guess this movie has made $500M+ off of people who have advanced degrees in one specific area of physics, or were left unsatisfied.

Thank you! Thank you for bleeping out the spoilers! I haven't seen Interstellar yet, but I'm with Matt, I want to know how the trash compactor works! One of my favorite things about Science Fiction is also the seed of my biggest qualm with the genre in film: details. Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy is rad because of all the detail it goes into. Admittedly the politics garbage wore me out, but the science is amazing!

In film, it seems, concepts are dumbed down and action is amped up to make the movie more like the Panda Express of Sci Fi: sure it tastes good and is cheap, but the nutrients aren't there and you just shit your pants later.

I'm excited to see the movie!

Re: Floobity_Bloobity

Scott Aukerman hamming up a Cliff Claven impression on a sitcom (or even just on a podcast) would make several of my days.

Howard's opinions on entertainment are out of control on this one. I listened to some early Whooch the other day, as I've only been listening for about a year and hadn't really explored the back catalog, and it was really bizarre for me to hear Howard be able to talk about movies as if they were at all worthwhile.

I wish the photos for this episode weren't so small.

IMG_9654.jpg

I was trying to ogle the handsome Matt Gourley but my efforts were thwarted by the paucity of these photos.

• Like 2

I took awesome photos and they got misuploaded. Check the twitter feed maybe.

btw I liked Interstellar and I like string theory and string cheese.

btw Scott in that photoshop is fucking hilarious.

• Like 8

Brett, are you as interested in photography as you are in audio? Your photos are nice.

Not so much. I love photoshop though, I've done a lot of stupid mashups with it.

Brett, what are other things you like? Do you like all of us?

• Like 3

Howard 100% didn't know Serial was based on real life events.

"Well...this one is set in Baltimore, because it happened in Baltimore."

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this