🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 210.5 — 12/12/14 TWO CHARTED 149

Kulap, Howard, and Stard start off the show with the genesis of Hanukkah, new cooking techniques, and a revelation pertaining to Taylor Swift. Then, Howard reveals that, in an extremely productive week, he started work on a new TV show, as well as, found Kulap’s Christmas gift. Also, Stard and Howard talk about where all great ideas are born, on napkins. Later, in Kulap’s movie chart, the gang discusses they’re very own “Origin Stories” and the bloodlines they never knew they had. Lastly, Kulap explains how the game Mafia works and why no one will be playing it at her holiday party.

Some podcast synergy this week! A bevy of "speak on that"s in both Whooch and Hollywood Handbook, an extended Peter North reference in both Whooch and Uhh Yeah Dude, and proposing a "Starbucks lovers" song in both Twooch and Never Not Funny. Weird, wild stuff.

• Like 2

"Have you ever used this in one of daddy's show?"

must remember to rip it to the site.

Nelson Mandela did have a protest song by the Specials, but it wasn't one of the best, so I think Howard wins that round.

Lint on Whooch? That would be insane...

Was this taped before Whooch this week? They had the Starbucks Lover conversation, but it felt newer here. That's unusual, right?

Ramhand's cameo was so delightful.

• Like 2

Was this taped before Whooch this week? They had the Starbucks Lover conversation, but it felt newer here. That's unusual, right?

I was thinking that too. Must be the case. Also, I really wanna hear that Springsteen CD Howard found. They can't let that go.

So I designed the Non-Summah Is A Beast shirt, and I thought y'all might get a kick out of seeing the scribbly napkin drawing Stard was talking about in this episode:

c9Wfqq0.jpg

It does indeed look like the scrawlings of a hobo.

• Like 4

So I designed the Non-Summah Is A Beast shirt, and I thought y'all might get a kick out of seeing the scribbly napkin drawing Stard was talking about in this episode:

c9Wfqq0.jpg

It does indeed look like the scrawlings of a hobo.

I noticed you rejected my hard work!

• Like 1

(directed towards Stard) is that Howard's high-pitched Roger Waters-esque screeching in Rudolph Chewed Off or is it a sample or instrument of some sort?

also I can't wait to (hopefully) hear this Tim Armstrong collab! never got into Rancid much, but Operation Ivy are one of my favorites when it comes to ska... on par with all the classic 2 Tone stuff in my opinion.

If this episode had been five seconds long, and nothing but Ku and Stard each doing "IT'S BEEN", I'd give it an A+. Everything else was a wonderful bonus.

• Like 1

(directed towards Stard) is that Howard's high-pitched Roger Waters-esque screeching in Rudolph Chewed Off or is it a sample or instrument of some sort?

also I can't wait to (hopefully) hear this Tim Armstrong collab! never got into Rancid much, but Operation Ivy are one of my favorites when it comes to ska... on par with all the classic 2 Tone stuff in my opinion.

it's a sample of some sort. love it though. love roger waters (howard doesn't)

• Like 2

If this episode had been five seconds long, and nothing but Ku and Stard each doing "IT'S BEEN", I'd give it an A+. Everything else was a wonderful bonus.

I think you mean C+. Solid C+ episode.

Also, how's the bundle selling Stard? Should I buy the single and the bundle again? Is there a PayPal where I can just give you guys money?

• Like 1

Hey All, I just got into this podcast through watching the old VPN ones on youtube. I have been devouring mulitiple episodes a day and I am stoked to have such a treasue of past shows to dig ....I F N LOVE THIS SHOW. Great Job Ku your laugh is so innfectious. Stard I checked out ur band and your multitude of talents makes you the shiznato bang shnip shnap samson. And Howard how have I not been a die hard fan of yours forever?!?!?I used to go to ucb all the time and thought I knew the LA alt scene pretty good but fuf you are my new Brett Favrett Comedian. I got 'Summah this Summah that', tish is classic!!! keep it trill

• Like 2

it's a sample of some sort. love it though. love roger waters (howard doesn't)

no way! I can understand not liking his vocal style, but I figured Howard would be into his songwriting at least. I love'm me some Syd Barrett, but Roger Waters' vision for Pink Floyd is far superior to anything Gilmour laid down on the last three albums.

one word: Animals.

I finally saw Interstellar and really loved it, and Howard's constant negativity towards most movies can get old.

That being said, Howard's space vs. ocean tweets are the greatest thing ever.

I think you mean C+. Solid C+ episode.

Also, how's the bundle selling Stard? Should I buy the single and the bundle again? Is there a PayPal where I can just give you guys money?

I have no idea actually, but no need to buy again if you already have it. I just want people to have it.

I'm thinking of putting the Sly Stallone theme up somewhere to buy.

• Like 1

I realized this last night:

You can have a summah in the ocean, but you can never have one in space. There is LITERALLY no summah in space!! CHECK MATE, INSTERSTELLAR!

I noticed you rejected my hard work!

Psh, you'll have to take that up with Howard. I designed options based on both of those scribs, and he went with the original.

I've really been wondering how long before we start hearing about environmental crap on the rise in the Himilays? I think they get those weird glowing salt lights you can buy for your apartment.

I realized this last night:

You can have a summah in the ocean, but you can never have one in space. There is LITERALLY no summah in space!! CHECK MATE, INSTERSTELLAR!

In Space, No One Can Have a Summah

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this