🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Iron Eagle is one of those truly terrible movies that ran on constant loop during the late 1980s. The plot for this movie reads like something from John Milius' cut pile. It's got all sorts of incredible 1980s-era tropes going for it, including some pretty prime Reagan-era jingoism. The pentagon apparently refused to back this film, which is why the planes are the wrong color (and type in some instances). Hercule Poirot plays the Saddam/Qaddafi bad guy. ACADEMY AWARD WINNER Lou Gossett validates the Academy's decision with his appearance in the first of four of these movies.

Viewed through the modern eye, this movie could probably be described as a bit racist.

I loved this movie as a kid. It's a terrible movie. I'm only surprised it was never submitted.

https://www.youtube....MHLIi10&t=0m20s

• Like 2

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been submitted either. Every 80s kid must remember this movie.

Also surprised it isn't on Netflix. Oh well. Thumbs up, except that people will have to pay to watch it.

I really hope Iron Eagle shows up sometime on HDTGM. Jason Gendrick acts his ass off in this movie and also, Larmar from Revenge of the Nerds is in it which for him I think is a pretty big deal.

How is this not the Christmas Story of 9/11?

This is such a weird movie. It's oddly jingoistic while at the same time not portraying the military in at all a good light. Also the sheer list of and volume of crimes committed throughout the movie is staggering. The kid stole military fighter jets and engaged in open warfare against another nation and not only does he receive no punishment, he gets rewarded for it.