🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 326 — 2014 Holiday Spectacular

Holy shit when they start quizzing Aimee about the films she's seen reminds me so much of when she was on Who Charted and just charmingly unaware of any pop culture

It reminded me of the legendary "Is This U2 or Not?" pop quiz the Scotts pulled on Todd Glass, which was also one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. It's been awhile...

• Like 4

Jesus christ Lauren Lapkus is so funny.

• Like 7

I'm just adding comments to this post as I listen to the show.

I'm up to the horse band conversation, and felt compelled to mention this (though it features no actual horses):

tumblr_mhdf9yBMK61qldmpno1_500.jpg

EDIT: I enjoy just hearing this group of people sing Little Drummer Boy together.

"The housedogs and housecats also wrote a sketch." I laughed so hard at this bit, I'm in tears.

Looking at the pictures from this ep, see Gourley and Tompkins embracing, and just felt "awwwwwwwww" about it.

Tiny and Victor describing the plot of The Changeling is wonderful.

Ho-Ho's introduction + Tompkins's off-mic laughter was GLORIOUS!

• Like 4

oh my god this was just so good

but I think my favorite part was PFT losing his shit every time someone new introduced themselves. I'm glad he was enjoying it as much as me.

• Like 6

oh my god this was just so good

but I think my favorite part was PFT losing his shit every time someone new introduced themselves. I'm glad he was enjoying it as much as me.

The PFT off-mic giggles were especially enjoyable today. So many audible "hee hee!"'s.

• Like 5

A two-eyed monocle would be a real spectacles.

• Like 2

Who was the other person constantly laughing off-mic? (For example, at "You were a Native American named Horace?" at 1:42:17.) Was it Ted Leo or Brendon Small? Ted Leo, I think, but I'm not positive. It was also delightful.

Don't forget about this episode for next year's Best Of, people!

Who was the other person constantly laughing off-mic? (For example, at "You were a Native American named Horace?" at 1:42:17.) Was it Ted Leo or Brendon Small? Ted Leo, I think, but I'm not positive. It was also delightful.

Don't forget about this episode for next year's Best Of, people!

That was James.

Ho-Ho is the most hilarious Lauren Lapkus character ever. I don't know why, but I laughed every single time she made that "BLEHHH" noise.

Really? I wanted to barf and punch someone every time I heard that. Unbearable.

Well that's a terrible thing to say. And yet, now I can't get that image out of my head. The barf and punch are simultaneous?

• Like 1

More like create terrible posts till death, am I right, gang?

• Like 11

Okay, Drinkwel was the first sponsor that legit annoyed me.

1. No one with a decent diet needs a multivitamin.

2. Anything claiming to "support" any system of the body is junk. They're saying that because it means nothing legally so they can.

3. If you're not an alcoholic and drinking tons and tons every day, your liver can handle the alcohol you drink.

4. Of course, they had the Quack Miranda Warning in their copy because no one's proven their product does anything at all.

So, yeah, boo that company.

• Like 6

Len Wiseman came this close to saying "It's me, Jesus, the biggest creep in the world!" during the Plugs segment.

• Like 1

- I was talking to Victor...

- And I was talking to Tiny...

- You two weren't talking at the same time, I hope!

- ...Not often.

*Scott cracks up*

I'm only halfway through but already I'm in podcast heaven!

Also, PFT has to be just about the only person capable of making a Latin joke out of "sex party season"...

• Like 12

I'm just adding comments to this post as I listen to the show.

I'm up to the horse band conversation, and felt compelled to mention this (though it features no actual horses):

tumblr_mhdf9yBMK61qldmpno1_500.jpg

Horse The Band is one of my favorites. So good.

Great podcast, excellent guest line up. And that last song was beautiful!

• Like 1