🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 326 — 2014 Holiday Spectacular

Len Wiseman came this close to saying "It's me, Jesus, the biggest creep in the world!" during the Plugs segment.

Every year I look forward to Scott and Paul doing their Beatles impressions during the best of's.

it's probably the least used recurring joke yet somehow it is my favorite

• Like 1

It was very rude of Scott to cut off Victor and Tiny's story right in the middle like that! So many questions left unanswered!

Ho-Ho (ho-ho!) may have had the funniest introductory appearance since the Bachelor Bros. debuted.

Re: Drinkwell. "You can pretty much rip 'em off if you want!" I detected a note of genuine dismissal/resentment out of him on that delivery and the following awkward pause. Drinkwel! Go... put it in your butt!

• Like 2

9ehBc6H.jpg

It could have turned out better but I rushed through it. Got mad that I was sloppy with my layers and had to bucket fill the color. Plus I used to the wrong brush to trace my sketch. Oh well. ITS BEEN A WHILE since I did a pencil drawing to computer thing.

• Like 5

5) Stories about Mordor go fifth in the or-dor.

I don't know if it's just me, but for me, this was the titular joke of the ep. C+. Titular 'til I die!

• Like 4

This is the kind of episode that makes you wish there were a grade higher than C+. Good ep.

• Like 5

It was kind of hard to understand, but I'm pretty sure that plugs theme was just a song about 'You Made it Weird' with Pete Holmes. No one on the show seemed to notice.

• Like 5

It was kind of hard to understand, but I'm pretty sure that plugs theme was just a song about 'You Made it Weird' with Pete Holmes. No one on the show seemed to notice.

yeah i heard pete holmes' name and his laugh in there as well.

anyways

as soon as Tiny started talking I started smiling. It is amazing how much I have grown to love these 2 characters. That followed by HoHo had me in tears. Lauren lapkus' weird creepy elf/teenager voice mashup was the highlight of the episode. Anyways, this one is definitely going on next year's top 10. It was too great. I only wish they had gone into more depth on some sort of vampire or monster movie involving an owl.

Tiny is black.

Isn't he also elderly?

At least I actually drew it. Most of the stuff on here is just somebody's head copied and pasted on someone else's body.

• Like 8

Lauren Lapkus is the best. I'm embarrassed to say that I hated the first appearance of Tracy Rearden b/c the voice annoyed me so much. I later grew to appreciate the character and realized that Lauren Lapkus is amazing. She is definitely a top 5 CBB guest.

Obviously nothing that happens on this show involves much planning, but I love when you can just tell that the guest thought of this character like while they were taking the elevator up to the studio (Ho Ho). It's even better on the holiday/anniversary eps when there are a ton of other people there laughing. It reminds me of the 1st Bachelor Brothers appearance.

Ho Ho: You are the reason for the season.

WASSAIL AND JOYEUX NOEL

• Like 6

At least I actually drew it. Most of the stuff on here is just somebody's head copied and pasted on someone else's body.

I picture Tiny wearing sunglasses all the time. I have an image of him in my mind that I can't really describe. One of the words I would use is 'crumbly'...or maybe crumpled.

I picture Tiny wearing sunglasses all the time. I have an image of him in my mind that I can't really describe. One of the words I would use is 'crumbly'...or maybe crumpled.

I believe the word you're looking for is...sensuous.

• Like 1

Isn't he also elderly?

i kinda picture him as a black, balding man in his late fifties and he walks around in a loose fitting button up shirt basically an older, black Hank Schrader.

and holy crap I went through this thread and totally forgot about the Bjork part, which just maybe be my favorite part of the episode. This ep was long and glorious it just escaped my mind.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with that?

Why so neg bra?

• Like 1

Is that Paul Scheer in a couple of those photos? The face is kind of blocked out but it looks like him. If it is weird that he showed up and didn't do a charac.

It definitely is Paul Scheer in those pictures! You really have an embarrassment of riches when you have a 2h30 long podcast, you have Paul Scheer in your studio and you don't even use him to do a character. And it's still above average!

• Like 1

The laugh/noise James makes at roughly 2:14:33 following the "Jesus that old Capricorn" is the most wonderful sound I've ever heard. It's just pure joy.

This was the point that I just lost it at work. C+

Okay, Drinkwel was the first sponsor that legit annoyed me.

After having heard Adomian laughing in the background, when Scott starting talking about where to put the singular "L" in the Drinkwel ad, I was really hoping Leykis was going to chime in, since he had previously taught us that mastery of the letter L is how you really succeed in broadcasting.

Should have been pronounced "Dlblrinkweblbl . . ." knowhatimtalkinabout?

• Like 3

After having heard Adomian laughing in the background, when Scott starting talking about where to put the singular "L" in the Drinkwel ad, I was really hoping Leykis was going to chime in, since he had previously taught us that mastery of the letter L is how you really succeed in broadcasting.

Should have been pronounced "Dlblrinkweblbl . . ." knowhatimtalkinabout?

I could listen to him pronounce coital position all day long

• Like 1

Ho-Ho is the most hilarious Lauren Lapkus character ever. I don't know why, but I laughed every single time she made that "BLEHHH" noise.

the timings of those utterances were just perfect.

• Like 1