🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 63 — Thomas Middleditch, Our Close Friend

I have over 20 episodes of a 8 minute podcast I do on my phone called Talking Frankly with Frank Lee. It's about Stan Lees brother who is the original inventor of characters like arachnid-guy and USA-leader and the fantastic singular man/woman. It's pretty good but I haven't released it yet.

If you haven't released it can someone explain to me how i binge listened to both seasons last night?

You reminded me of a joke I make every ten minutes. To be frank, I'd have to change my name to frank!

It's one of my two jokes. My other joke is "My name is pyjamas. Hey, that's my name, don't wear it out."

I mainly do name-based comedy.

Edit: Damn, Joe. I just threw you the ol' faveollow.

• Like 8

If you haven't released it can someone explain to me how i binge listened to both seasons last night?

You reminded me of a joke I make every ten minutes. To be frank, I'd have to change my name to frank!

It's one of my two jokes. My other joke is "My name is pyjamas. Hey, that's my name, don't wear it out."

I mainly do name-based comedy.

Edit: Damn, Joe. I just threw you the ol' faveollow.

I agree with your approach, focusing on perfecting a single joke. In your case, two jokes. For me, I mainly make jokes based on the similar sounds of the words "pear" and "pair."

Like this. Me: "So do you want a pear(pair)*?"

Rube: "No thanks."

Me: "Ok then, do you just want one?"

Rube: :angry:

Me: "Hahahahahaha!"

I am deadly serious about this. It has come perilously close to ending my marriage.

*It works way better verbally. Written down, I can see that it looks a little forced.

• Like 3

I guess the cat's out of the bag now. Yeah, yeah, I'm married, big deal. It's just a little secret information about me that you didn't know before. And my wife's name is Rube.

• Like 5

Hey. I'd just like to let you all know that we failed as a community. As Americans. As human beings (not to be confused with the Community Human Beings). Hollywood Handbook did not get a single mention in the AV Club readers choice awards. I'm not going to provide a link: HH didn't make the list so it's not worth reading. I would like to, in front of my forumgoers, God and everybody, apologize to Sean and Hayes. We could and should have done better. Think on your sins.

• Like 3

These are my favorite jokes from HH

1. BJ Novak Spider-Man story/Sean and Hayes hiding under the seats during the Amazing Spider-Man 2

2. Joe Wengert turning jokes on their head is literally taking the audience's heads and turning them upside down

3. Sinbad whole episode was great jokes

4. Matt Gourley Professor of Comedy 101/teachers is robots

5. John Cochran having to own up to calling native man horny Golem

• Like 4

Hey. I'd just like to let you all know that we failed as a community. As Americans. As human beings (not to be confused with the Community Human Beings). Hollywood Handbook did not get a single mention in the AV Club readers choice awards. I'm not going to provide a link: HH didn't make the list so it's not worth reading. I would like to, in front of my forumgoers, God and everybody, apologize to Sean and Hayes. We could and should have done better. Think on your sins.

av club podcast coverage is very bad as a rule

• Like 11

My favourite joke will always be Martin Sheen getting his tibias lengthened.

"The getaway sticks on Martin Sheen! Geez. Aye yi yi!"

"There are some shots where they screwed up and the camera will go wide and you'll see these like four/five foot long legs on the desk. Makes no goddamn sense."

• Like 8

My favorite joke is, for example, when I buy something and the cashier says the price is 15.32, then I say "ah, a very good year." It works for any price and then they think u are a time traveler :)

• Like 14

I enjoy physical comedy, so I usually point to someone's shirt and when they look down, I bump their nose with my finger and make a cute little "boop" noise.

I also have been known to point and say "look at that" so that the person I'm with looks away from me. Then when they turn back toward me, my finger is right where they nose was so they bump their nose into my finger.

So, I guess I like nose-based physical comedy.

• Like 8

I enjoy physical comedy, so I usually point to someone's shirt and when they look down, I bump their nose with my finger and make a cute little "boop" noise.

So, I guess I like nose-based physical comedy.

Very funny stuff! Do you then laugh really aggressively? For me, that always makes jokes ten times funnier. It's my little way of making sure my companion knows they just experienced me amusing myself at their expense, and that it wasn't a shared moment of humor between us.

P.S. Do you know the one where the punchline is "I've got your nose!" You should totally learn it, because it's right in your wheelhouse. I don't want to try to tell it because I'll probably mess it up, but trust me, it's hilarious.

• Like 2

Very funny stuff! Do you then laugh really aggressively? For me, that always makes jokes ten times funnier. It's my little way of making sure my companion knows they just experienced me amusing myself at their expense, and that it wasn't a shared moment of humor between us.

P.S. Do you know the one where the punchline is "I've got your nose!" You should totally learn it, because it's right in your wheelhouse. I don't want to try to tell it because I'll probably mess it up, but trust me, it's hilarious.

I googled "I've got your nose" and found an intriguing wikipedia page about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ve_got_your_nose

I love it and so I've added it to my shtick. Thank you!

I too love to cackle at my own jokes. It's pretty annoying for others...fun for me.

• Like 2

I googled "I've got your nose" and found an intriguing wikipedia page about it. http://en.wikipedia....e_got_your_nose

I love it and so I've added it to my shtick. Thank you!

I too love to cackle at my own jokes. It's pretty annoying for others...fun for me.

What a great resource, thanks for letting me know. The section about "the Fig" hand gesture is definitely going to save me some cross-cultural embarrassment! I also appreciate how thoroughly cited the article is.

Cultural specificity

Main article: Fig sign

In certain cultures, such as in Korea,[6] Central America,[7] Japan,[8] and Turkey[9] displaying the "got your nose" hand position may be seen as vulgar or otherwise impolite. Observers of the game from these cultures can be shocked to see the gesture used in a children's game.[8]

• Like 3

My favorite joke/prank is when I go to restaurants that only serve Pepsi. I'll purposefully ask for a coke and the waiter/waitress will say, "Is pepsi okay?"

It's at this time that I take my sunglasses off, look right into the camera and say, "No, Oklahoma's OK." Then we both laugh and I say, "No but really, I don't like Pepsi all that much so I'll just have a Dr. Pepper and if you don't have that just a water with lemon, please. I'm waiting for like 3 other people and they should be here soon. Yeah, just give them like 10 more minutes and I'll keep looking over the menu while we wait. I mean, I think I've made up my mind about what I want to eat but it doesn't hurt to keep looking. OH! I didn't even ask what your lunch specials are today. DO you have soup? No I probably shouldn't have soup, I made some pea soup in the slow cooker last night and I was planning on eating that for dinner tonight and I don't think I'm a 'two-soup a day' kind guy, ya know what I mean? Haha, alright, let me send them a text to see how long they're gonna be. Maggie and Dave said they were almost here like 15 minutes ago and Brady was right behind me when we left the parking lot at work so I don't even know how he isn't here haha. Ugh! Classic co-workers, right?! It's like, 'Yeah, let's have an office lunch outing' and then they totally flake. So frustrating. Well, I shouldn't say that they flaked yet, there might just be some traffic on I81 or something cause I know they've been doing some construction on it for the past few months so maybe it's just like lunch rush hour traffic or something. Okay, so like just check back in like 5 minutes and if they aren't here, I'll order some appetizers to munch on in the meantime. Do you think I should just order them now? But like if I order them and they show up then they'll be like, 'Oh what you just order without us? This is why we don't invite you out with us dude, you're always pulling shit like this. Way to ruin another lunch.' OR, they could be like, 'Oh wow! You ordered us some sick apps! Nice we were all starving waiting in that traffic and you were so cool to order us some mozz sticks and mini sliders! You're the hero of the day bro, you saved lunch!' Yeah. I think I'll just order the apps now. So, mozzerella sticks and the mini sliders please. Hey, what's the word on the Dr. Pepper? You never brought me my drink. Oh, I guess you never actually left the table to get it did you? My bad haha. Alright. Remember when I was like, 'No, Oklahoma's OK!' when you asked about Pepsi? Sorry if that like totally fucked you up, I just thought it was really funny. Anyway, can you please just get me a drink now, I'm really thirsty. Thanks. Oh and put that app order in too!"

That's my favorite joke/prank to pull

• Like 11

My favorite joke/prank is when I go to restaurants that only serve Pepsi. I'll purposefully ask for a coke and the waiter/waitress will say, "Is pepsi okay?"

It's at this time that I take my sunglasses off, look right into the camera and say, "No, Oklahoma's OK." Then we both laugh and I say, "No but really, I don't like Pepsi all that much so I'll just have a Dr. Pepper and if you don't have that just a water with lemon, please. I'm waiting for like 3 other people and they should be here soon. Yeah, just give them like 10 more minutes and I'll keep looking over the menu while we wait. I mean, I think I've made up my mind about what I want to eat but it doesn't hurt to keep looking. OH! I didn't even ask what your lunch specials are today. DO you have soup? No I probably shouldn't have soup, I made some pea soup in the slow cooker last night and I was planning on eating that for dinner tonight and I don't think I'm a 'two-soup a day' kind guy, ya know what I mean? Haha, alright, let me send them a text to see how long they're gonna be. Maggie and Dave said they were almost here like 15 minutes ago and Brady was right behind me when we left the parking lot at work so I don't even know how he isn't here haha. Ugh! Classic co-workers, right?! It's like, 'Yeah, let's have an office lunch outing' and then they totally flake. So frustrating. Well, I shouldn't say that they flaked yet, there might just be some traffic on I81 or something cause I know they've been doing some construction on it for the past few months so maybe it's just like lunch rush hour traffic or something. Okay, so like just check back in like 5 minutes and if they aren't here, I'll order some appetizers to munch on in the meantime. Do you think I should just order them now? But like if I order them and they show up then they'll be like, 'Oh what you just order without us? This is why we don't invite you out with us dude, you're always pulling shit like this. Way to ruin another lunch.' OR, they could be like, 'Oh wow! You ordered us some sick apps! Nice we were all starving waiting in that traffic and you were so cool to order us some mozz sticks and mini sliders! You're the hero of the day bro, you saved lunch!' Yeah. I think I'll just order the apps now. So, mozzerella sticks and the mini sliders please. Hey, what's the word on the Dr. Pepper? You never brought me my drink. Oh, I guess you never actually left the table to get it did you? My bad haha. Alright. Remember when I was like, 'No, Oklahoma's OK!' when you asked about Pepsi? Sorry if that like totally fucked you up, I just thought it was really funny. Anyway, can you please just get me a drink now, I'm really thirsty. Thanks. Oh and put that app order in too!"

That's my favorite joke/prank to pull

Classic!

• Like 2

I'm more of a knock knock joke kinda guy. When I tell these jokes there are gonna be 2 knocks, me knocking all your pretenses of knock knock jokes OUT THE WINDOW, and YOU knockin your god damn head on the ground when you fall over from loffing so fucking hard from my fucking joke.

• Like 3

My favorite joke is, for example, when I buy something and the cashier says the price is 15.32, then I say "ah, a very good year." It works for any price and then they think u are a time traveler :)

Michael what if you say this to an actual time traveller cashier sometime and he goes to his buddies and says "this guy's such a hack"

• Like 2

Hey guys after you listen to Agata's podcast can you listen to mine?

We are having problems with iTunes (we're dumb bozos) but you can listen to it here: http://haimslides.libsyn.com/

I think you'll like our guest for episode 2. ;)

Please hang around until the end when I overcome the nerves and the podcast is good.

• Like 7

the fuck bro we lived so close and you didn't invite me onto your damn pcast?

note: i'm currently on my way down to live in florida for a few months

• Like 2

Honlads u gonna just have to live your life willing to take that risk. That's what I do.

Rod if u wanna hang in Florida it better be south Florida u can hang with me and be besties with me and my besties

• Like 1

Hayes, will you be on my podcast? It's hosted by me and the premise is all the guests sit around the table and eat dinner and talk. It's actually not recorded and the guest is always my whole family. That's right. I'm talking about the damn family dinner table. Give it a listen sometime, brats.

• Like 8

Watching the episode of You're the Worst with Middleditch and I think to myself, 'What a wonderful actor.' He should be in everything.