🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 63 — Thomas Middleditch, Our Close Friend

296ou1y.png

just an appreciation post for this name

EDIT: carry on

yooo I saw this on my post and legit did a Patrick Stewart quadruple take. He got me, friend.
  • Like 2

Gabe, how is your jesus year treating you? I just entered my 33rd year last week and I'm nervous but excited about it.

• Like 2

whoa i turned 33 end of november

• Like 3

I've got a podcast where i just put the mic up real close to my nose and then just go about my day, reading online.

• Like 5

I started this post without copy and pasting the questionnaire so I'll just answer some questions of my own.

Name : Dave Danger

Sex: Uhhhhh yeahhhhh

Relationship status: Single and sick of mingling

Favorite guest: Andy Kneis

Favorite test: MCAS

Favorite wrestler: Test

• Like 3

it depends on what you already have and how high of quality you want to make your show. real sound setups can be fairly pricey but i think you can come up with something listenable with stuff you may already have. sometimes i just record mini eps on my iphone because the sound quality is actually p dece and then i dont have to get everything set up

in regards to itunes/rss, that part is also variable depending on how much you want to spend. you have to host your show somewhere, and itunes requires a particular kind of hosting which no one is giving away for free afaik, so you will end up spending some money to get it on itunes. if you want to go totally free you can just have a rss feed and i can give you some links on how to do it that way but i think you will probably lose out on some listeners that way

libsyn is the industry standard p much for podcast hosting and they can handle anything you throw at them

i use this crazy janky site to host my podcast because it is very cheap and i wasnt sure i would be doing it for long: http://www.podcastgarden.com/h/en/ it works for itunes but i have no idea how it would handle things if i suddenly got a ton of new listeners.

no matter how you end up hosting your podcast i recommend putting your rss link through feedburner here: https://feedburner.google.com/ because it gives you a rss link that redirects where ever you want, so that once you submit your rss link to itunes or people have it subscribed on their players you can change your hosting whenever you want without having to try to get itunes to respond to your emails (they may not if your not scott aukerman or similar) or all your listeners to change an address they barely understand

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Jacob C, if your idea is to do an hilarious but educational entomology-themed podcast, then all I can say is that the race is on. May the best man win.

Sheesh, what are the chances?

What I really want to do is a podcast where very snarkily and ironically dissect uber-pretentious reviews (Pitchfork, Kill Screen, etc.) I'm thinking of calling it The Review Review.

I wrote reviews for a couple years so it's an interest of mine.

• Like 2

33 has been pretty good guys but I gotta say I'm turning 34 in a few weeks and I kind of have my eye on the prize at the moment.

34.5 is, after all, halfway to 69.

• Like 9

Hey guys, let's make a pact that we'll all lose our virginity by the end of senior year.

pass. saving myself for marriage because i'm a cooler fonzie

• Like 2

greggy please fill out the rest of it

• Like 5

I started this post without copy and pasting the questionnaire so I'll just answer some questions of my own.

Name : Dave Danger

Sex: Uhhhhh yeahhhhh

Relationship status: Single and sick of mingling

Favorite guest: Andy Kneis

Favorite test: MCAS

Favorite wrestler: Test

121 likes for a Test reference.

Agata, no need to feel one-upped or jelly Hayes is painful to podcast with (actually he's the nicest guy ever and way funnier than my racist co-host who doesn't even listen to this show).

P.S. I subscribed to your pod last night and it's really great.

P.P.S. I love you.

• Like 6

34.5 is, after all, halfway to 69.

In my family we say "Lying in bed by yourself is halfway to 69." Your way is good too.

• Like 3

Pro or Anti-Chanson should be on there too. I know newcomers to the forum probably won't have an answer yet but its important to plant that seed because they *will* have to choose eventually

This made me lol (that means laugh out loud [it also kind of looks like a tie-fighter from the popular film franchise Star Wars]. {sorry to nerd out like that, I love Star Wars and being a nerd} --it also kid of looks like a guy who is drowning and he's raising his arms above the water shouting, "Save me! Help, please! Excuse me, I actually AM drowning and not pranking or fooling around!"-- //I bet he isn't lol'ing about that circumstance that he found himself in, drowning, I mean.\\)

• Like 1

121 likes for a Test reference.

Agata, no need to feel one-upped or jelly Hayes is painful to podcast with (actually he's the nicest guy ever and way funnier than my racist co-host who doesn't even listen to this show).

P.S. I subscribed to your pod last night and it's really great.

P.P.S. I love you.

no Boston bro props for MCAS!?
  • Like 1

Hey. I'd just like to let you all know that we failed as a community. As Americans. As human beings (not to be confused with the Community Human Beings). Hollywood Handbook did not get a single mention in the AV Club readers choice awards. I'm not going to provide a link: HH didn't make the list so it's not worth reading. I would like to, in front of my forumgoers, God and everybody, apologize to Sean and Hayes. We could and should have done better. Think on your sins.

I actually tried to do this but got a bunch of error messages and gave up. unsure if it was website error or AJ error

So because this is the one place that can fully appreciate this, I wanted to share what my girlfriend got me for Christmas. Despite having put up with me actually recounting bits from HH episodes before she even had a chance to listen because I found them so funny I had to immediately share, she decided to theme the gift with HH. She wrote me a history of our relationship in the form of an original Hollywood Handbook episode, in which she's interviewed by Hayes and Sean.

post-98934-0-46602800-1419035477_thumb.jpg

It actually fills up a huge portion of the notebook, and features That's Wheelie Interesting, the Popcorn Gallery, the pro version, and even a quick shot at the forums with some cameos from some forumers. Sean and Hayes are color coded throughout (Sean is green, Hayes is purple).

post-98934-0-15040800-1419035512_thumb.jpg

post-98934-0-84057700-1419035888_thumb.jpg

If you want to a little more of what was in it there are more pics here: http://imgur.com/a/NUbbO#0

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to share that I've got a really awesome cool smart nice funny fun and cool girlfriend and you guys are missing out on a real corker of an episode.

post-98934-0-55962500-1419036776_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

So because this is the one place that can fully appreciate this, I wanted to share what my girlfriend got me for Christmas. Despite having put up with me actually recounting bits from HH episodes before she even had a chance to listen because I found them so funny I had to immediately share, she decided to theme the gift with HH. She wrote me a history of our relationship in the form of an original Hollywood Handbook episode, in which she's interviewed by Hayes and Sean.

It actually fills up a huge portion of the notebook, and features That's Wheelie Interesting, the Popcorn Gallery, the pro version, and even a quick shot at the forums with some cameos from some forumers. Sean and Hayes are color coded throughout (Sean is green, Hayes is purple).

If you want to a little more of what was in it there are more pics here: http://imgur.com/a/NUbbO#0

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to share that I've got a really awesome cool smart nice funny fun and cool girlfriend and you guys are missing out on a real corker of an episode.

damn

• Like 5

Pro or Anti-Chanson should be on there too. I know newcomers to the forum probably won't have an answer yet but its important to plant that seed because they *will* have to choose eventually

...because why exactly?

Also, is it bad if my sense of humor has limits I'm just now finding out about?

• Like 2

I was scared of Chanson when I first started posting here but now I am very pro-Chanson. And hey Chanson this is the end of this post go ahead and move onto the next one I think Spunky Foonerism put one up.

(Dreidel... I know you can read this. Get the FUCK out of there. Just go. Seattle probably has cat shelters everywhere because y'all hate water and it rains all the time. Go now!)

• Like 3

...because why exactly?

he was joshing, we all love you brother.
  • Like 1

...because why exactly?

If you can break through those limits, you will have ascended to the next level, which I call "post-humor."

It's time for

The Reality Show Show Clip of the Week

This week's clip:

Sean's High School Trip (from the guest segment of Episode 26 with Joe Spellman)

Been considering posting this one for a while, and figured now would be a good time with it being brought up on the forums this week.

• Like 4

this is 100% awesome as hell. that intro about the soy sauce is better than a lot of actual 'cast intros and YES I MEAN IT H. BONE AND C. DAWG

• Like 3

It's time for

The Reality Show Show Clip of the Week

This week's clip:

Sean's High School Trip (from the guest segment of Episode 26 with Joe Spellman)

Been considering posting this one for a while, and figured now would be a good time with it being brought up on the forums this week.

This makes me so sad. Poor little Sean.

moviecat_tv I'm so proud of you for settling down with such a cool girl. I wish I could read all of it, but I understand that it's personal and all of that bs. My bf saw the post and said, "Oh great, now my present for you looks like a piece of shit." And he's right. Congratulations, she's a keeper.

Oh yeah, and guys, we should probably add a question for the forumers about where they work or something, because imagine if we didn't know BRRII works with peautiful patatas. It just wouldn't be right.

EDIT: I'm glad Sean was molested.

• Like 12

Damn, VB. I've been out of likes for so long. I would like the shit out of your post if I could. Your last line about Sean killed me.