🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 19 — U2 Holiday Special

I vote for "silly manufactured drama where none exists", just like the rumors that there was bad blood between Howard Kremer and April Richardson after their most recent Who Charted (despite the fact that they hang out on a weekly basis.)

For reference:

Vz42FCL.png

• Like 1

All I want for Christmas is a nod from Scott.

hahaha if you go to a live show instead of asking for a photo or autograph, ask for a nod.

seriously Scott Rockerman has the best musical taste. Chvrcges, beyonce, charli xcx, Coldplay=all get a thumbs up from me, bros. i couldn't stop laughing at Adam's reaction to his Beyonce praise though and his dismissal of the Chvrches song as a piece of shit.

• Like 1

seriously Scott Rockerman has the best musical taste. Chvrcges, beyonce, charli xcx, Coldplay

I much prefer the late '70s/early '80s stuff he mentions in this ep. on a really old CBB, he said one of his favorite bands was Romeo Void... I checked them out and they were amazing so I bought all their albums. same thing with his love for Neil Finn he expresed in Analyze Phish... the last few years, I've been hunting down all the Split Enz records because they're all fucking wonderful.

I don't know if I can go with him on the Coldplay, but I'd definitely have to check out the particular album he keeps talking about to argue fairly. I just don't particularly like them in general, but there are plenty of bands I don't like that have albums I still love... and Scotty has never steered me wrong.

• Like 1

I would recommend Coldplay's most recent album to anybody. They're hit and miss (though I enjoy pretty much all their stuff) but this newest record is a pretty perfect mix of pop and experimentation.

I always like hearing Scott's music recommendations; we seem to like all the same bands/artists for the most part. I'm still heartbroken that he said that one part of that one song on Fleet Foxes' Helplessness Blues ruined the whole album for him. That's one of my favorite albums evarrr

My musical taste doesn't seem to overlap with the Scotts much, but I'm happy to see that we have Big Star in common. All three of their records (reunions don't count) were fantastic.

Jacob you should just go ahead and post your last name too. I think we've all figured out by now that it stands for Coldplay.

jk

• Like 1

Uh... Scott (not Scott) mentioned that he downloaded the U2 christmas song (not the other U2 Christmas song) from Youtube using some "soft ware."

Does anybody know how to do that? where you get the software etc.? what is the best/safest way to do it...?

Thank you (and you too)

Uh... Scott (not Scott) mentioned that he downloaded the U2 christmas song (not the other U2 Christmas song) from Youtube using some "soft ware."

Does anybody know how to do that? where you get the software etc.? what is the best/safest way to do it...?

Thank you (and you too)

http://download.cnet.com/YTD-Video-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html

• Like 1

The safest way is to not install software at all. Instead, check out Dirpy, which lets you download either the entire video or MP3 audio alone.

• Like 2

Does anybody know how to do that? where you get the software etc.?

the warehouse

• Like 2

The other day,, my friend asked me what my favourite new podcast of the past year was. With out hesitation I said "U Talkin' U2 To Me?" When they asked me if they would enjoy it not really knowing much about U2 I told them that it was the complete compendium of all things U2. They decided to start with this episode first for some odd reason. Their review, "Why make a podcast about U2 if you don't even spend a third of your time talking about them. I just don't get it."

... I don't think I can friends with them anymore...

• Like 2

If Naomi ever makes it on the pod she'd better be introduced as "the wife of the star of Hot Tub Time Machine 2".

• Like 1

If Naomi ever makes it on the pod she'd better be introduced as "the wife of the star of Hot Tub Time Machine 2".

"The ex-girlfriend of the star of Hot Tub Time Machine 2 who became the wife of the star of Hot Tub Time Machine 2."

• Like 2

"The ex-girlfriend of the star of Hot Tub Time Machine 2 who became the wife of the star of Hot Tub Time Machine 2."

*in Scott's Don Pardo voice*