🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 211 — Headshot Crime Detective

Howard and Kulap start off the show by defending Howard's strictness of tweet-chart questions, with plenty of bullet-proof analogies to explain Howard's case. Then, our crew discusses the ramifications of the "Sony Hack" and how it's going to affect entertainment as a whole. Also, Kulap and Stard explain to Howard what a Mockingjay is and why Howard should learn to love the nature of fictional animals. Later, the gang does a live re-enactment of "Shark Tank," a re-enactment where Howard plays a start up business that specializes in stress relief! Lastly, Howard, in place of our elusive guest, fields questions from chartists!!!

Great ep

With the questions, I kind of wish they'd go back to how Howard used to frame questions for the guest as these weird tangential riddles they had to solve. The beauty of the old way was it kind of forced people to look at their lives from a different angle, making their answers be way different to how they could be on other podcasts or elsewhere. It's just that I think for a lot of people in show business they sort of have to come up with scripted answers for questions about their life just because of how often they get asked them.

Anyway loved this show and delving further into the bottomless well of secrets and weird shit done in childhood that is Howard Kremer.

also haha the spellchecker doesn't recognise podcasts as a word here of all places just traditional media like computers taking further potshots at this bold new world I guess

• Like 1

okay so HK is in a relationship, and it's all in stealth mode. If the N.Koreans hack into the relationship, what would they find?

1) Did the N.Koreans find receipts to multiple dates to Olive Garden?

2) Did the N.Koreans spy him taking her to putt-putt golf, with a DQ (swirl on top) cone afterwards?

3) Did he take her to see Interstellar or Penguins?

4) Did they record him asking her easy questions, so as not to tax her thought process.

5) Did the N.Koreans watch an email exchange where she forced him to do a winter thing, like ice skating?

6) HK has placed 4 orders with Shari's Berries so far this month.

Fellow Chartists, what did the N.Koreans find?

It's all just in fun, luvya Howard & Kulap (and Engineer Cody Stard), have a great holiday!

• Like 1

Soooo, what happened with that naked dude?

I hope we get a very special episode of Sklarbro County...

• Like 6

I'm kind of hoping "Can you half ass think of a time when maybe something fucked up happened?" makes it to a future tweet chart

• Like 3

First of all, I would very much enjoy a Ku and How adult swim show, with special guest Stard appearances. Let's make this happen, adult swim. Second, the Shark Tank scene killed me! Howard has no patience for the Sharks.

• Like 4

Wow. So good. Railroad safety is very important. Interesting insight into the various levels of the group's interacting. Engineer Brett is absolutely the Howard and Kulap whisperer. An activated Stard makes that grease nog exter smooth. Eric Andre would've been great too I'm sure. Maybe save that for May 2015 as well.

also haha the spellchecker doesn't recognise podcasts as a word here of all places just traditional media like computers taking further potshots at this bold new world I guess

Far out man. Preach. It must have to clear Merriam-Webster, then their people tell the ones & zeros

• Like 2

Is it weird that them saying Grease Nog made me crave some egg nog?

Bonus Twooch! Honestly, I probably liked this more than I would have liked a regular episode with Eric Andre. Anything that lets us peel more layers from the beautiful onion that is Howard Kremer, I'm all for it, BE IT regular chart entires, BE IT Tweet Chart questions, or BE IT a Shark Tank scenario.

• Like 4

I was disappointed when I saw Eric Andre was not going to be the guest because I really like him, but my feelings were soon assuaged because there is so much joy and chemistry between these three. Stard adds something really special in the interaction between Ku and Howard.

I wonder what is Howard's opinion on Holiday flavored Cliff Bars? On the one hand, they're un-summer. On the other hand, they're Cliff bars...

I wonder what is Howard's opinion on Holiday flavored Cliff Bars? On the one hand, they're un-summer. On the other hand, they're Cliff bars...

Whoa, I've never seen these. My favorite flavor is Cool Mint Chocolate (a very non-Summah flavor if Howard's gum classifications apply to Clif Bars), so this should be right up my alley.

Howard was on fire with this one, he and Ku have some of the best chemistry in the podcast universe. I think it's time for a recurring Shark Tank segment called either Chart Tank or Stard Tank.

• Like 2

I know some folks have grown tired of the unabated march of Howard Kremer's War on Imagination, but he was really on fire in this ep.

• Like 1

Whoa, I've never seen these. My favorite flavor is Cool Mint Chocolate (a very non-Summah flavor if Howard's gum classifications apply to Clif Bars), so this should be right up my alley.

First place I saw them was Wegmans.

http://www.clifbar.com/article/seasonal-clif-bars-are-back-again

Hmm. Says 1% goes to 'Protect our Winters.' I think I know the answer.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this