🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Lonely heart, Sam Treadwell, seeks replacement for his Cherry 2000 sexbot in a post-apocalyptic wasteland with the help of feisty female bounty hunter, E. Johnson. After overcoming every obstacle in his path, specifically the endlessly positive arch-villain, Lester, he discovers true love in the warmth of human arms.

This is a movie for the ages...endlessly absurd, always entertaining.

http://www.rottentom.../m/cherry_2000/

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

post-100376-0-25766500-1418856098_thumb.jpg

I remember seeing this on cable in the 80's. I don't recall it being all that bad. but looking at the trailer it clearly doesn't hold up well to time. Maybe a fun rewatch is in order.

Melanie Griffith was on Hawaii Five-0 and her plastic surgery is not doing her any favors. it's sad when hot woman get a face tuck.

any day now Hawaii Five-0's getting ready to jump the shark. i swear it almost happen in"Kanalu Hope Loa "

an episode or so ago. I was so waiting for it to happen and I got disappointed once again.

34i3a13.jpg

Mind you maybe it already has, You know a show is doing well when you've got dog the bounty hunter on it.

YES! Please, please, please do this movie. And the time is right: it takes place in 2017. Melanie Griffith's "acting" is atrocious. Laurence Fishburne has a small role, as does the guy who played Leonard in Blade Runner.

Jason's reaction to the club scene where they discuss the "oral clause" being "sticky" alone would make it a worthy episode!

• Like 1

Also, this could easily be paired for a live double feature with Miracle Mile (1988) from the same writer/director, Steve De Jarnatt (now that's someone I'd love to hear Blake Harris interview, too). Plus, Miracle Mile has a soundtrack by Tangerine Dream. I know that HDTGM has kind of blown their wad already this year on post-apocalyptic LA, but both of these would be fun movies to do.

Recently watched this for the first time and have to say this is prefect fodder for HDTGM and screa2008 you are right Melanie Griffith's "acting" is awful, so bad I cant see why anyone let her make a film after it

YES! Please, please, please do this movie. And the time is right: it takes place in 2017. Melanie Griffith's "acting" is atrocious. Laurence Fishburne has a small role, as does the guy who played Leonard in Blade Runner.

Jason's reaction to the club scene where they discuss the "oral clause" being "sticky" alone would make it a worthy episode!

Too bad they already covered Barb Wire. That one is set in 2017 as well. Total Recall is one they should cover in the year of its setting.

As a child, I felt so bad for Cherry at the end when the guy left her for Melanie Griffith. I remember being mad that he was completely unfeeling toward Cherry. She had all her memories of their relationship, and then he abandons her in the desert? What a dick. Take out the mini-CD-rom and don't force her to continue operating with those memories! I recall her kind of bumbling around the dunes being played for laughs. June needs to sink her teeth into this one.

• Like 1

I watched this movie last week and it has to be done. It's basically one man's quest to find a replacement sex bot interrupted by human connection. This movie has Jason written all over it.

• Like 2

Sounds insane enough to deserve a bump. I remember seeing this on a used DVD rack and thinking it even sounded bonkers from the description on the box.

• Like 1

Yes, please cover this movie!  It’s a giant turd, but a relatively entertaining giant turd.

• Like 1

It's the perfect HDTGM movie. They don't really explain how the world ended up the way it is. The main dude's ex-girlfriend is in the crazy-guy's compound which makes no sense.  The crazy guy is pretty awesome, by the way. They are in this 50's compound. Good stuff.

I just watched this for the first time last night as it's on Amazon Prime now and the only way I can describe it is that it's like if they handed the "Mad Max" franchise over to the makers of "Revenge of the Nerds" because it's this absolutely baffling mix of fun 80's sci-fi design, legitimately great stunts like when E. is holding onto the car as it dangles from the crane, crazy weird humor touches like bad guy Luther getting randomly attacked by bees, and then the appalling sexism woven into the premise because the loser drip of a protagonist is repeatedly IN TEARS about how much he misses his horny robot companion that he treated like sh*t before causing her death with soap suds. 

According to Wikipedia, it cost $10M to make and grossed *$14,000*. The distributor found it so impossible to market because it's a PG-13 movie about a sex robot with no nudity and it's like WHY DID YOU DO THAT WERE YOU TRYING TO MAKE IT KID-FRIENDLY?, so they basically dumped it directly to VHS in America when nobody was really doing that.

• Like 1