🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 165 — OkStupid

Jon Gabrus, Betsy Sodaro, Eugene Cordero, and Stephanie Allynne enrich their lives by learning how to whistle on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! They’ll also follow an orgasm eater on a date, meet expert booger disposers, and get familiar with a guy who sells his vitamin filled urine. Plus, we figure out what were the steps that went through to put up a misspelled STOP sign in the return of the Mope Report. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com! improv4humans will be back at the UCB Sunset LIVE on December 22nd with a Christmas special. Go to https://www.ucbtheatre.com/ for tickets!

Did you know that fast food drink cups, filled with a drunken roommate's urine, begin to melt after 3 days? They do when he doesn't refrigerate them.

• Like 2

Trying to decide which is actually more offensive: the line he says in the scene or the line he said in real life. They are both beautifully abrasive to the ear. Love Gabrus.

• Like 9

Stephanie's reaction to getting caught in the bathroom picking her nose by her spouse was spot on 'What do you want? What do you need? What are you doing in here?"

"A pussy is not an object per-say"

"Awww, thank you!"

ilu betsy

• Like 8

Betsy has a perfect voice for cartoon voiceovers, I'm really surprised she hasn't done more (after looking at her IMDB). Has sort of a Pamela Adlon raspiness to it.

• Like 4

Betsy has a perfect voice for cartoon voiceovers, I'm really surprised she hasn't done more (after looking at her IMDB). Has sort of a Pamela Adlon raspiness to it.

She's brilliant. One of those top five names that when I see them on a podcast it goes right to the currently playing folder.

• Like 1

She was on Bob's Burgers this weekend and I was sooo happy to hear her voice coming out of a mean girl scout

• Like 10

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. I nearly squealed with glee when I saw the lineup, and it did not disappoint.

That marriage checklist in particular struck me.

• Like 1

Holy shit, that opening scene was incredible. They built up to the offensive joke so much, and then Matt went real hard on the specifics in a way that made it seem impossible to pay off, but Gabrus totally knocked it out of the park.

• Like 8

I wish Jeffrey McFerrin was a permanent Besser character. I can't whistle at all, but it was fun to hear everyone's different abilities. Betsy nailed that "Oh yeah" whistle when she got the job! The balance between all the humans was intensely satisfying. Caesar salad, hit the spot

• Like 2

Holy shit, that opening scene was incredible. They built up to the offensive joke so much, and then Matt went real hard on the specifics in a way that made it seem impossible to pay off, but Gabrus totally knocked it out of the park.

I've only gotten throught that scene and Gabrus landed that so well that I had to come post here. I was thinking there might be too much build up to be satisfying, but he nailed that. I laughed hard.

• Like 1

To beat a dead horse, Jon's offensive line was possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard. I wonder if he had been trying to come up with it the entire bit.

• Like 2

p much a perfect ep, what a line up

• Like 1

To beat a dead horse, Jon's offensive line was possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard. I wonder if he had been trying to come up with it the entire bit.

Had to have right? I wish we could have heard what all went through his head. Like if he was just running through words that he knew would hit and if he kept scratching ideas. Seemed like he didn't even get it all the way out.

But wasn't the coffin idea only brought up very shortly before Matt threw it to him? That's why it was so impressive to me.

• Like 2

the naso-spelunking scene killed me, especially when Gabrus said "I'd kill to have your hands pick your nose for one minute"

as a side note, I randomly caught an episode of this travel show on the Esquire network (which is a real thing that exists apparently) called The Getaway and it was Adam Palley, Jon Gabrus and John Gemberling getting drunk and fucking around in Las Vegas. It was heaven I suggest any fans of those guys to try to see it. so funny, I wish I was their friend

• Like 2

Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention, but I didn't really get the "new format" that they tried out on the show this week. Was it just that it was more like a television/movie format, with more scene changes, and Besser being the director?

Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention, but I didn't really get the "new format" that they tried out on the show this week. Was it just that it was more like a television/movie format, with more scene changes, and Besser being the director?

in a sense, they were basically playing the same characters with the same relationships to each other and so when the scene changed they had to play it within that world, gabrus and betsy as roomies and stephanie and eugene as a couple who live in the same building. it's a cool idea but i think since there's usually so many callbacks and using the performers own names in scenes on i4h usually that it didn't stand out as that different.

• Like 1

I'm right there with Stephanie on not being able to whistle. I can do it if I have a pen cap or something, but not with just my lips.

• Like 1

as a side note, I randomly caught an episode of this travel show on the Esquire network (which is a real thing that exists apparently) called The Getaway and it was Adam Palley, Jon Gabrus and John Gemberling getting drunk and fucking around in Las Vegas. It was heaven I suggest any fans of those guys to try to see it. so funny, I wish I was their friend

Yeah, Gabrus talked about it on Totally Laime, sounds like a lot of fun. I've been looking for that episode but it seems like they don't re-run that show very much (which is weird for a cable network with limited original programming). I saw one episode with Jack McBrayer in Hawaii, and Lauren Lapkus (there shooting Jurassic World) and her husband Chris were in a segment.

• Like 3

Yeah, Gabrus talked about it on Totally Laime, sounds like a lot of fun. I've been looking for that episode but it seems like they don't re-run that show very much (which is weird for a cable network with limited original programming). I saw one episode with Jack McBrayer in Hawaii, and Lauren Lapkus (there shooting Jurassic World) and her husband Chris were in a segment.

yeah they don't it's weird, I'd love to see that Jack Mcbrayer one though

Sign in to follow this