🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 165 — OkStupid

the naso-spelunking scene killed me, especially when Gabrus said "I'd kill to have your hands pick your nose for one minute"

as a side note, I randomly caught an episode of this travel show on the Esquire network (which is a real thing that exists apparently) called The Getaway and it was Adam Palley, Jon Gabrus and John Gemberling getting drunk and fucking around in Las Vegas. It was heaven I suggest any fans of those guys to try to see it. so funny, I wish I was their friend

I also caught this, and it was really funny. I'd watch a show where those guys hang out every week.

Wow this was fantastic. Honestly this entire episode could be posted as a best of. So many little hints of genius packed in evenly by all performers.

Gabrus was on fire though. A subtle thing he did that really killed me was in the married couple scene (eug and steph were epic) he said eugene thought it was a weird masturbation thing, then they flash back and gabrus is the one that goes to that place, not eugene. Then they flash forward, and gabrus says he tried to talk eugene out of it.

Just amazing that he can improv and setup jokes in a non-linear fashion. Reminds me of when Paul Rust did the revisionist history about tom petty's beard to retroactively make his non-non sequitur

work.

So many callbacks. Betsy whistling at the end of the job scene as gary the rapist was great. I love how it broke the entire room at once.

• Like 7

It amazes me how quick besser is with his scene direction. I mean, I know he's been doing this all his life and he's one of the founders of the UCB and modern improv but I guess what I'm trying to say is who runs bartertown MATTY B RUNS BARTER TOWN.

• Like 2

I started listening to this on a plane and had to stop because bellylaughing for an hour would have been too rude to the other passengers

Just catching up with this episode. I am not even fifteen minutes in and Wow... the payoff that Gabrus gave to the build-up on that first bit was outstanding. That guy is better at making me laugh out loud than almost anybody. This whole lineup is great though. I am so excited for the next few hours.

Sign in to follow this