🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1520 - Adam Ferrara

Man, the Newsroom.

I hate watched a season of that show. Matt nails it. It has the trappings of a good show, but it's just so terribly written. Preachy as hell and can't resist the chance to do a corny-played-out joke.

Most scripts are just Sorkin masturbating. If it's not a monologue, it's characters unnecessarily being argumentative with each other so that one of them gets to say a punchline.

Could never tell if it was poorly-acted, poorly-directed, or whether competence in either of those departments could make the material acceptable.

Woof.

• Like 3

"I'm not from Havana" (Cleavon Little to M. Kahn in Blazing Saddles)...I vaguely recall that that probably refers to the kind of live sex shows that they demonstrate in The Godfather, and what was notable about the male performers...

For what it's worth, the way Jimmy pronounces "Bonobos" is similar to the most common pronunciation in the UK. But the British love to murder foreign words.

The day I knew I had somehow become a grown-up was the day I listened to Father and Son and realized it wasn't a song about a good guy and a bad guy...

• Like 1

Deeply Ashamed in Matt right now. Telling your daughter about the Nativity when she - like all children (Protip there) - just wanted to know about Santa? And then you didn't know what to tell her? Tsk, tsk, tsk,

Uh, hello? The BurgerMeister MeisterBerger? Fred Astaire postman? The Winter Warlock? Just let Rankin Bass handle this for you in the future, my friend

Although y'know... in English. I guess Warner Bros. keeps pulling them down from Youtube, as this is the best I could do over there. It's on Vimeo though!

Or, y'know, just don't lie to your kids in the first place. Seriously, I was raised in a "this is a fun game we play" rather than a "this is literally true" household, and it did me no harm. People take that shit way too seriously in my opinion.

i dont love the santa claus anger either. my parents didnt do santa claus, their parents didnt, so i havent with my kids, so basically jimmy is saying "do my family tradition, not yours" which is a dumb thing to get mad about

i love the show though so i just think 'there goes jimmy getting angry about nothing again' for a minute or two before theyre talking about shitty bands again or something

• Like 3

</p>

i dont love the santa claus anger either. my parents didnt do santa claus, their parents didnt, so i havent with my kids, so basically jimmy is saying "do my family tradition, not yours" which is a dumb thing to get mad about</p>

i love the show though so i just think 'there goes jimmy getting angry about nothing again' for a minute or two before theyre talking about shitty bands again or something</p>

I don't think that is what he is saying, I think he is saying "this is our tradition, don't judge us or be dicks about it if you don't do it with your family." I've seen PLENTY of people be very judgey or just straight up dicks about how great they are that they don't teach their kids about Santa. He is just mad at people being assholes because they think they are interesting, not all people who don't do Santa with their families. I'm rambling, my point is just don't be an asshole and Jimmy will like you!*

T for Twister

*Jimmy actually liking you may vary, you are a fan and as such there is a "wall."

Sign in to follow this