🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 5 — Sister Speak with Sheila and Margo

Start your morning with a little sisterly love as sisters Sheila (Mary Holland) and Margo (Erin Whitehead) have a convo about romantic love over a cup of coffee in another episode of Sister Talk! This week Sheila and Margo are joined by high school junior Brandon Shorts. They talk about the changes that have happened over the summer to Brandon, how he wowed everyone at the school talent show, his new idea for a game, and to play a round of Truth or Dare. Then, special guest Traci Reardon drops by to help offer advice on safe ways to live on the edge and more to Twitter followers in her special segment, “Help Me, Rhonda.”

• Like 1

Is it a solely Wild Horses running gag to sing during other people's sidebars? The only times I've heard it have been when Mary Holland has been on the show, but the others do it too when she's on.

Either way its hilarious.

• Like 2

"His bio says 'I use a word that don't mean nothin' like looptid.'"

humpty-dance-digital-underground-1348554762.jpg

Did not see that Stone Cold reference coming either. This took so many delightfully weird turns. I think Brandon technically counts as a deity now. Cheers to another great show. Been sick all week and I may actually be healthy now thanks to listening to this podcast.

• Like 2

"Uhhhh well you probably know who he is....his name is Joey Fatone"

"HOLY SHIT!"

This reaction was just hilariously suddenly out of character and It made me laugh SO HARD.. and then the immediate back tracking just about killed me

• Like 7

This one could easily be the first ASMR comedy podcast... so dang quiet for most of it.

So goddamn funny though.

I know it's only like 5 minutes in, but the fact that they would rather feign a fart than admit they were breaking character was amazing.

in all seriousness though, anyone else violently rub one out to Stone Cold Steve Austin lately?

• Like 3

Loving the "Help Me Rhonda" throughline on all these episodes. Tracy Reardon has a great rapport with every podcast host in the known Lapkusverse.

• Like 1

Let's talk about the elephant in the room here: After carefully reviewing all of the photos, you can see that none of the comedians in this episode are drinking from an aluminum can, which means that the can being opened at 13:44 (mid-sentence, in fact) was opened by the engineer.

In light of similar incidents on other Earwolf podcasts, I don't think it's a stretch to assume who the culprit is, which raises but one question: What the fuck, Ramhand Canhand?

• Like 8

^ Amazing

Really funny episode, liked the slightly different vibe of having two hosts and all the different dynamics.

Shoutout to Whirleyball,

I didn't realize that Lauren is from the same area in the suburbs of Chicago as I am.

Also was that LA fish market commercial real? I can get half off for screaming at people?

• Like 1

Why would Brandon do that to Traci? Its almost like Brandon is a fake person. Traci is real, of course, cuz she's on Twitter.

As someone who knows a few twitchy, mumbly teenagers this episode was a little hard to get through. Totally worth it, though.

* Jefferson Dutton

* Dave Ferguson

* Michael Hanford

* Tim Kalpakis

* Matt Kowalick

* Mike Mitchell

* Chris Vanartsdalen

Y'all heard any of these names before? They're The Birthday Boys, and they featured With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus' host Mary Holland on their TV program's episode "Cerf's Folly." It was about the Internet and Starwars, and I just wanted to get the word out there that it was really great and something special.

• Like 2

Shoutout to Whirleyball,

I didn't realize that Lauren is from the same area in the suburbs of Chicago as I am.

I thought the same thing! My 5th grade baseball team was sponsored by Whirlyball because the owner's son was on my team; was not expecting to ever hear a reference to that

Listening to this episode again makes me hopeful that the Golden Duchess Cruise Line friends could be on an episode. I'd love to hear the rest of Carol Sheldon's 20 facts that she didn't get to in the cbb episode.

• Like 1