🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 212 — No Nogsmen

Howard starts off the show with how he has prepared for this year's christmas and weather or not he will be joining Kulap for the Holiday. Then, we welcome to the show comedian, producer, and writer for HBO's Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Kevin Avery, who helps to break down a very special Hip-Hop Christmas Chart. Also, Kevin gets nostalgic when he talks about his brief and wondrous music career. Later, Howard and Kevin quit the band when the #1 Christmas movie since 1980 is revealed. Lastly, Kevin fields questions from Chartists, wherein, he explains why shopping for gifts as a group is probably not the most efficient way to shop.

Glory is my favorite Denzel move and role. Bonus is Andre Braugher as Thomas.

• Like 1

Before they talked about it here, it had never really occurred to me that he never does comedies, which does seem really weird given that he seems like he's pretty funny and doesn't take himself too seriously. Anyway, good episode.

I was really hoping to see Kevin's Forces* of Nature publicity photos in the show gallery.

* 4ces?

• Like 1

who's this mystery comedian that's big enough to hang out with Denzel on the regular, but also buddies with Kamau and Kevin?

hmmmmm, lemme think......

2025206933.jpg

Surf Mc's Merry Christmas and Happy New Year=

But seriously it was like one page one of a google search, just got to dig a bit.

Dude- you need a new phone.

I had never heard of Kevin Avery (though I had heard of the Denzel Washington podcast) and am very glad I was introduced to him and his good humor. Many much needed laughs for me as I would cut away from my in-laws minutes at a time!

Turns out that the internet at least says the Next song "Too Close" samples the Kurtis Blow xmas jam that was on the countdown. That was a strange moment driving home for the holidays having the exact same thought as the gang, "I never knew this was a sample!!!"

Sign in to follow this