🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2014.2 — Best of 2014 Pt 2

Am I the only one who just doesn't find Claudia O'Doherty funny?

Now I'm at Hollywild... I die every time I hear the Gavin McLeod bit.

I don't find her funny either, but it could be because I am Australian and hearing our accent contrasted with an American accent is like nails on a chalkboard.

steering the conversation back to Steely Dan as quickly as possible here...

would it be safe to assume that Donald Fagen and Walter Becker are contenders for the biggest creep(s) in the world?

Oh god, no. the Eagles (who were their arch-nemeses in the 70s) were much creepier.

• Like 1

A bunch of episodes I thought would be surefire top 5 have already been listed, and I'm trying to think what will compose the top 7. Obviously Womptacular, Ep. 300, Time Bobby 3. Then maybe Solo Bolo, the first appearance of Golly, Andy Samberg/Todd, Exorcism of Cake Boss???

I really hope oh golly you devil is up there. I know they were listed separately, but I would probably lump Oh Golly 1 & 2 together,..

I liked Wompster's U a LOT better than the womptacular, and I hope Grounded Me@ will be in there.

And I realize this is slightly churlish, I kind of hope Time Bobby doesn't threepeat. It was good, but not as good as the other two.,

• Like 2

Look at this raw animal magnetism.

HukgiGj.jpg

Could anyone make out what Paul

Originally misread this as "Could anyone make out with Paul". To which I give a hearty "Oh yeah!" ;)

• Like 1

I hope this isn't the last we hear of sad-wife-bone.

• Like 5

The amount of wheezy PFT laughter at the beginning of the episode is really making my day.

• Like 1

The amount of wheezy PFT laughter at the beginning of the episode is really making my day.

My new favorite off-mic PFT sound is when he does this loud "D'oh" sort of groan when someone says something particularly stupid-funny.

• Like 8

I felt a twinge of joy at hearing the original "technicality no down boo over."

I'm grateful it made the best-of. Somehow I'd missed its origin, which drove me nuts after it had clearly become a catchphrase in subsequent PFT 'sodes. This saves me the trouble of going back and listening to every single one.

I'm still gonna.

• Like 1

If you want to hear them in succession...

Rev. Parsimony's is still my favorite.

• Like 6

I'm grateful it made the best-of. Somehow I'd missed its origin, which drove me nuts after it had clearly become a catchphrase in subsequent PFT 'sodes. This saves me the trouble of going back and listening to every single one.

I'm still gonna.

What I love is that it came out of nothing, Other than George Carlin, I can't think of another comedian more in love with language than Scott - which is odd since he can barely talk coherently.

I think the real reason Scottrick doesn't do drugs is because he doesn't need to - he's got a stoner's ear.

• Like 2

To each their own, but I thought she was kind of a one joke character, and it's a joke told better by others,

I think the "character" is hilarious and I think she works really well with other guests. I hope she comes back more often as it would be interesting to see her attempt different characters.

on to the episode as a whole, i thought this batch of eps was definitely weaker than part 1. Still good eps though but i would even dare to flip part 1 and 2 around.

I think the "character" is hilarious and I think she works really well with other guests. I hope she comes back more often as it would be interesting to see her attempt different characters.

on to the episode as a whole, i thought this batch of eps was definitely weaker than part 1. Still good eps though but i would even dare to flip part 1 and 2 around.

I'll be honest: I modt know her from the weird al one, and... I just didn't get it.

Rev. Parsimony's is still my favorite.

Nothing (in this clip or in the universe in general) beats Werner Herzog saying it.

What I love is that it came out of nothing, Other than George Carlin, I can't think of another comedian more in love with language than Scott - which is odd since he can barely talk coherently.

I think the real reason Scottrick doesn't do drugs is because he doesn't need to - he's got a stoner's ear.

Expanding on this, these sorts of diversions are one of many wonderful things about the Scott/Paul pairing. The first instance of TNDBO is a perfect example of how Paul immediately finds a nugget of humor and jumps on Scott for saying something that's even slightly off.

• Like 1

Nothing (in this clip or in the universe in general) beats Werner Herzog saying it.

Expanding on this, these sorts of diversions are one of many wonderful things about the Scott/Paul pairing. The first instance of TNDBO is a perfect example of how Paul immediately finds a nugget of humor and jumps on Scott for saying something that's even slightly off.

Good analysis! Scott/Paul is all about language, Scott/Benny is mostly about singing, and Scott/mantzoukas is usually about tag teaming against Andy Daly. (In oh golly you devil there were so many points where they were clearly trying to screw up Andy and they just couldn't.)

I can't quite categorize Scott's dynamic with Lapkus, except that I love it. Lapkus is often a little naughty, but in a playful rathernthan crude.

What's really weird is that I think Lennon parham solo is just as good or better than a Lennon/Jessica team up. sometimes wompler is a little too... Sad for me.

• Like 2

There's also the very end of the episode of @midnight that Scott and Paul were on back in July, which is just them shouting it at each other.

I love Reverend Parsimony. I don't know many Protestant ministers (and sadly no Luthertarians),but I know

a lot of Midwesterners and... Yep, that's about right.

"It's been a whi-ile" is definitely starting to feel like a disorder, as discussed around 1:15. I certainly can't stop doing it. I also can't decide whether I want them to ban it for a while ("a whi-ile") or whether it should keep expanding until the whole show is sung to tunes from Staind's classic album "Break the Cycle".

I am firmly on "Team PFT" here. It's, "all of a sudden", and Scott is the only one who I've ever heard who says it incorrectly. I was completely unaware that this was even something people GOT WRONG until I started to listen to these podcasts.

Gling Glang!

And oh man, I forgot that, "Technicality, no-done-boo-over" is a saying that Scott has coined this year! Against Len Wiseman! Wonderful!

Sign in to follow this