🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelBrown

The Interview

How has no one suggested this?

A movie so bad the studio had to make fake threats to itself, upload a few of their own films to the internet, and cause a faux-controversy...All to cover up the fact that their movie is garbage.

This movie is so bad that Sony did all this so they could use patriotism to save the stars' careers. Feeling like someone tried to take away your right to choose is supposed to make you tolarate mediocrity.

People are going to see this crap and go, "That was great, fuck you North Korea!"

How has no one suggested this?

A movie so bad the studio had to make fake threats to itself, upload a few of their own films to the internet, and cause a faux-controversy...All to cover up the fact that their movie is garbage.

This movie is so bad that Sony did all this so they could use patriotism to save the stars' careers. Feeling like someone tried to take away your right to choose is supposed to make you tolarate mediocrity.

People are going to see this crap and go, "That was great, fuck you North Korea!"

Yes, Sony totally made their executives look like assholes, released their own employees' personal information, opened themselves up to who knows how many lawsuits, all to cover up one movie that ended up getting released anyway. Hanlon's what now?

ETA: Even if they disliked the film, Seth Rogen's been on "The League." If badmouthing movies their friends and costars have starred in is bad form, imagine how bad it would be to do it to a movie that said friend and costar also co-directed.

Yes, Sony totally made their executives look like assholes, released their own employees' personal information, opened themselves up to who knows how many lawsuits, all to cover up one movie that ended up getting released anyway. Hanlon's what now?

Their plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity.

• Like 2

I just don't know what to say, wow. If that were really the plan by Sony, wouldn't it be a better fuck you to North Korea to release it on the 4th of July after all of this happened to say "we're going to show you we still have our freedom of speech and you can't stop us?" But no, we're going to copy the 9/11 Conspiracy episode of South Park by coming up with a convoluted plan that makes everyone look like shit if we actually go through with it.

• Like 1

Not trolling, this movie is bad.

I am really asking if anyone thought this was good. I can't believe anyone liked it. That's why I recommended it.

Usually you see people saying not to do a movie because it was good. But no one is saying that.

I figured the Earwolf forums could take a joke. Especially in a forum about laughing at movies.

This certainly isn't their best, but mock-worthy? You know they just did Twins right?

What you're claiming though is that it's just a bad movie, and while all the external craziness surrounding its release is interesting, that doesn't mean that the movie itself is necessarily worthy of discussion on a podcast about MOVIES that are outrageous. I haven't seen it yet, but when it comes to bad comedies in general, it's not all that fun to talk about how unfunny something was unless it inadvertently caused some terrific unintentional humor or is horribly misguided and doesn't know who it's audience is supposed to be, like "Old Dogs".

• Like 2

A better story is the stars of the movie realize how bad it's gonna be, so to save their reputations, they hack the studio to try and delete all copies, but things go wrong and all the other things like releasing other movies and exposing employee data and internal emails. In order to obfuscate their involvement, the stars then have to blame the hack on North Korea, causing an international incident.

And antics ensue ...

Classic case of Ain'ters Ain'ting... The movie is what it is, a Goldberg comedy, and it's fine. If you honestly didn't laugh at all the honey-potting and honey-dicking then you must have a bad case of stank dick.

The worst part of this movie is that Firework has been stuck in my head since I watched it.

The worst part of this movie is that Firework has been stuck in my head since I watched it.

Yeah that really got me. After watching this I liked it more than I thought I would, though it's not as good as This is the End. I loved the Eminem segment and the guy who played Kim was really good. The funny thing is that now people actually believe that Eminem is gay since a fictionalized movie came out.

Yeah that really got me. After watching this I liked it more than I thought I would, though it's not as good as This is the End. I loved the Eminem segment and the guy who played Kim was really good. The funny thing is that now people actually believe that Eminem is gay since a fictionalized movie came out.

Why that's noted Yo Is This Racist & Sklarboro Country Guest Randall Park

Sign in to follow this