🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2014.3 — Best of 2014 Pt 3

I think that was the final episode to be eligible.

Damn, I loved thst one. I think maybe people though PFT was over represented.

I liked how tears for fears were so amused by everything.

• Like 1

Solo Bolo?? Time Bobby 3?? are you all being paid by comedy lobbiests or something to vote for these weak ass episodes just because they have CBB favorites in them? there were so many funnier episodes this year, you people disappointment me.

I think last week's picks were way funnier than these episodes....

or the amazing Todd Glass/James Adomian episode or He He

I feel the exact opposite. Other than solo bolo I thought these were all great. I forgot how much I laughed at the Grounded Me@ ep.

That todd glass/james adomian really was great though and it's funny you bring up He He because i get the feeling Scott truly hates that character :P

• Like 2

I feel the exact opposite. Other than solo bolo I thought these were all great. I forgot how much I laughed at the Grounded Me@ ep.

That todd glass/james adomian really was great though and it's funny you bring up He He because i get the feeling Scott truly hates that character :P

haha yeah i know. I love Mookie though he's hilarious.

Lets see... there were 3 Wompler episodes this year, 5 or 6 Reardon episodes, 3 Victor and Tiny, and 2 Claudia O'Doherty. So, if you figure that the votes for those episodes were split up, it makes sense how Time Bobby and Solo Bolo made it so high in the countdown. The first 2 Time Bobby's were great, but the concept started to get exhausting in the 3rd one. For me, anyway. And Solo Bolo is just plain exhausting.

• Like 2

Lets see... there were 3 Wompler episodes this year, 5 or 6 Reardon episodes, 3 Victor and Tiny, and 2 Claudia O'Doherty. So, if you figure that the votes for those episodes were split up, it makes sense how Time Bobby and Solo Bolo made it so high in the countdown. The first 2 Time Bobby's were great, but the concept started to get exhausting in the 3rd one. For me, anyway. And Solo Bolo is just plain exhausting.

I have to disagree with both of these. I didn't think they could do it, but I think all three Time Bobby's have been great and thought this one was excellent, the whole unzipping part was amazing. Also I loved the Solo Bolo ep, the dynamic between Scott and Benny Swaaz is amazing

• Like 1

I suggest Scott seek some advice from his ex stepfather for some ways to treat his "super dry eye"

• Like 10

Well, that makes sense because both Scottrick and PFT wrote for it!

See, this is why I come to podcast forum threads, for these little-known obscure observations that are totally not too obvious to have even mentioned in the original comment... :huh:

• Like 1

Echoing what others have said before me, these behind-the-scenes discussions are fascinating. Remember when Earwolf used to do web-only B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S clips (prior to the advent of Twooch and County)? I would love a five-minute, mid-week Commentary Bang Bang for every episode of CBB.

• Like 3

Man. Scott has never seemed older than when he has to ask Engineer Cody Sam what one of the most iconic songs from the history of video games is from.

Also, Voyager had The Doctor and Scott Bakula Presents Star Trek had T'Pol, but everyone knows these things.

Damn, I loved thst one. I think maybe people though PFT was over represented.

I liked how tears for fears were so amused by everything.

The Pie Minister was amazing.

Man. Scott has never seemed older than when he has to ask Engineer Cody Sam what one of the most iconic songs from the history of video games is from.

Also, Voyager had The Doctor and Scott Bakula Presents Star Trek had T'Pol, but everyone knows these things.

Or Young? Mario is an old ass game dude.

I'm on the ass end of the Millenials train ( 1981 ) and I can barely remember playing it. I remember the theme song more from people referencing it then the actual game. Overrated, Excitebike was way more rad-bitching!

Also screw this new generation that is stealing stuff from my childhood and trying to claim it as their own to gain some sort of veil of authenticity, go steal more meal ideas from indigenous tribes ya Jerks!

• Like 1

I lost my mind when Paul started singing nam-myoho-renge-kyo to the tune of the Cantina song.

also, I agree with Scott... Meat Is Murder, while arguably the Smith's best album, is their worst song. it's not necessarily a bad song because it's actually kinda catchy after you get past the animal noises... but when compared to the rest of their music, it's abject garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkPWwTJTSw

I lost my mind when Paul started singing nam-myoho-renge-kyo to the tune of the Cantina song.

also, I agree with Scott... Meat Is Murder, while arguably the Smith's best album, is their worst song. it's not necessarily a bad song because it's actually kinda catchy after you get past the animal noises... but when compared to the rest of their music, it's abject garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkPWwTJTSw

their worst song is Rubber Ring

Echoing what others have said before me, these behind-the-scenes discussions are fascinating. Remember when Earwolf used to do web-only B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S clips (prior to the advent of Twooch and County)? I would love a five-minute, mid-week Commentary Bang Bang for every episode of CBB.

Only if they put on a SUPER serious schtick for it.

• Like 1

Seems so. Shame that no Intern Gino episodes made the list. He was great all year.

Yea, sadly. As usual though the last 5 or so episodes of these countdowns always amaze and disappoint me. I'm pretty sure it's been the exact same for the past few years (Time Bobby, Mantzo and Daly episode, Wompler episode, Farts and Pro - tho obviously not this time). While none of them were bad there's been so much great new stuff this year i'm amazed at how so many people vote for the same thing year after year.

I still enjoy the countdowns of course and Scott's and Paul's repartee is always hilarious. Especially when they try to out "it's been awhile" each other.

• Like 3

Listening to the Hollywood Facts theme again made my brain hurt, the Solo Bolo clips were excruciating and hearing Husky say prolapsed butt hole again made me picture horrific things.

That being said, I could care less about what order, or what eps made or didn't make the best of's.

Bottom line, it was a stellar year. If there was a best year award it would go to this year!

Thanks to Scotty, all the guests, and everyone else behind the scenes.

See ya' next year.

• Like 4

See, this is why I come to podcast forum threads, for these little-known obscure observations that are totally not too obvious to have even mentioned in the original comment... :huh:/>

*hangs head in shame*

• Like 1

I'm definitely realizing more and more that the episodes I really enjoy and listen to more than once are outliers with the majority of listeners. I loved Gumbo Challenge and the Hee Hee (I'm Back) episodes deeply and cannot believe they didn't crack the top 15. In fact I was so sure that Wacko Jacko would be top 5 that when Scott spoiler alerted that it wasn't, I was truly surprised. Another ep that I listened to a few times this year was Project Funway, arguably the only time Riddle Me This was a success. I think I'm a little bummed about the no bonus clips, if only to hear Paul Rust's Jimmy Carter impression which would have been sure to make the cut.

• Like 3

Can "The Jug Bandit" please be a new charac a la JW Stillwater?

(ok so I paused to write out this comment and then immediately after resuming scott said exactly what I was thinking so yeah, make it happen!)

Wait, what can you carry in a jug, if not water? How do we know the Jug Bandit is a new character?

• Like 2

holy crap, how could i have forgotten scott's incredible character of dabney the caricature artist. my face hurts all over again

• Like 2

Solo Bolo?? Time Bobby 3?? are you all being paid by comedy lobbiests or something to vote for these weak ass episodes just because they have CBB favorites in them? there were so many funnier episodes this year, you people disappointment me.

I think last week's picks were way funnier than these episodes, though I will say I loved the Andy Samberg/Todd episode and Wompler's birthday had great people but was way over stuffed.

I agree with almost all of this except I really liked Womplers birthday and Solo Bolo had its moments. Feel like people are always voting for sequels of Classic eps or eps with the most famous guests because they're more recognizable

Also it doesn't even seem like Weirder Scott has flawless taste in CBB eps! Adam Pally as bro was brilliant both times, and I was sad Andy wasnt treated to a third bro sesh. Scott and Andy are giving bro/Pally so much unfair hate, scott even bashed the inclusion of Part II in another best of! So un-chill, bro.

And Hee Hee was a masterpiece! Id take it over any of the more popular high concept episodes from 2014. That's just me though, I love LAUGHTER.

• Like 1

My husband and I made a very spesh trip down from Albany (or, as Scott said that evening, AL-bany) for CBB in NYC. We had to choose between the first and second shows and I was so nervous that we would regret choosing the first show, but NO! We bore witness to the stuff of CBB legends. I'm so glad we were there!

Anyway, my point is, wasn't there a YOLO in there somewhere? Solo Polo Yolo? Rollos? I really regret respecting CBB too much to try to bootleg that show. Lesson learned.