🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — Dan Klein, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes finally weigh in on the Cosby situation and explain why Bill has yet to respond to recent allegations. Then, hot stand-up comedian DAN KLEIN is in the studio to talk about his pay to watch model of his self released comedy special “Dan Klein: This Is Comedy,” how comedians can get sad, what kind of SNL characters he has in his arsenal, how LA is different from New York, and being inspired by Seinfeld. Plus, Dan gives us an exclusive look behind his infamous Starbucks joke.

I also think that the Gonzaga Bulldogs of Gonzaga University of Spokane, Washington were behind the Bill Cosby allegations. Just like when Seattle University said those nasty things about Courtney Love doing all that murdering of Kurt Cobain and St. Martin's University said that stuff about former Washington governor Gary Locke being too Chinese to be a good ambassador to China. The Catholic universities of Washington and their propaganda machines are always behind major scandals.

• Like 4

I enjoy the firsson sean especially is generating in feeling out what he's happy to say about the cosby thing. i'll let you know how the guest does when I get to him.

GREAT to hear rudyard kipling ref'd in the second theme-tune-chat. The other guy, Ed something, I didn't recognize. I guess he's some other long dead poet.

Ed klein's opening sentence is giving me good feelings about the remaining 36 minutes.

Was that standing up comedy thing about Starbucks a "bit" recorded for the show, or was that real? I'm totally smart enough to know for myself, I'm just making sure you guys know.

• Like 1

Was that standing up comedy thing about Starbucks a "bit" recorded for the show, or was that real? I'm totally smart enough to know for myself, I'm just making sure you guys know.

u should check his special

• Like 4

Like like like like like like like like like like like like like like dude.

• Like 8

This episode had a nice flow to it.

Dan Klein was kinda perfect for the show with his whole ironic comedy (or whatever you call it) schtick.

• Like 2

Dan Klein's standup special is hilarious and I liked it BEFORE agata told me to like it on Facebook. Suck it, Hayes!

• Like 1

Haven't listened yet but thought I would share this photo.

10885604_10203335551497154_6148104428121639621_n.jpg?oh=d100918074b269bbba7ca8bfff86be4d&oe=553F1DAC

So weigh in guys. IS trees soccer?

• Like 24

thanks for making this show for me this week mr hayes and mr sean

• Like 4

you ever make fun of way some one talk thn u end up talk like they do? I do think Dan been make fun of too many girls(ew) when they say "like" and now he stuck in it sorta like how I used to make fun of my ex for her feelings about Asians and now I always call them William Hungs who need to be fixin my railroads but it's cause I'm making fun of her!!! But now everyone thinks I'm the racist!!! So Dan I feel your pain and rly hope Sean and Hayes relay this to you cause brother I understand and it gets better.

Butttt irregardless it was very goood episode and I think the guest did a great job at reckenizing real and being super real too

• Like 5

Butttt

I was going to ask how you extend the T at the end of a "butt" but I think I know the answer if ya know what I'm sayin'

I dunno guys I'm not sold on this Dan Klein guy, I think he's a little too broad for me. I enjoy olternative comedy like Demetri Martin, Billbur Richard Gervais etc.

Stuff that really plays with the idea of, you know, what even is stand up comedy you know?

• Like 4

I thought of some motivation for you guys to listen to my songs. I’ll tell you what they’re about and then I’ll tell you who I just fucking name in the songs as a way to make you feel personally connected to me.

https://soundcloud.com/xovaleriexo/tracks

#1 – Lady Marmalade – General HH song just to get the mood right. Forumers named: MBOP, McGurl, Anastasia, Freja, Brgrho, ShowShowBro, Bozos

#2 – Gaston – Chanson – As if Chanson hasn’t been abused enough, I had to get my punch in too. Forumers named: BRRII, Burdrulz, Greggy

#3 – Country Strong – #TeamTreese – An inspirational song about rooting for the overdog.

#4 – Billy Joel’s For the Longest Time – On Sean’s Facebook Page – Sorry there’s no mention of Sweat Garage, Show, but it’s there in spirit.

#5 – No Doubt’s Sunday Morning – Chad Michael Murray – Hayes looks like Chad Michael Murray and I think CMM’s existence has made it impossible for Hayes to succeed. Shawn Ashmore is equally to blame for Sean’s failures.

#6 – Taylor Swift’s You Belong With Me – I Wanna See Your D – Dad’s described: Treese, Chanson, Hayes, Show, BRRII, Charlie Murphy Brown, brgrho, honlads, Anastasia, and CameronOBrian.

And in the YouTube video I talk exclusively of TheloniousJunk.

• Like 15

VB - I like all of your songs. I think they are funny and nice and cool and I like hearing references to the cool and smart and interesting forumers (including myself B) ).

PS - You really make me wish I were on facebook. Should I give in to the evil overlords for you guys? Maybe.

• Like 7

My confusion of Dan's comedy has turned into a slight appreciation I think.

Am I dumb?

• Like 3