🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — Dan Klein, Our Close Friend

Dan really found his audience in Sean and Hayes. They were a couple of gigglepusses in this episode. Well, Hayes was really the gigglepuss and Sean was more of a Silly Sally.

• Like 10

So weigh in guys. IS trees soccer?

They are one and the same. Exhibit A:

Fcjg6qc.png

I rest my case.

• Like 13

One week there's a fan-only episode, next week there's no popcorn gallery... Did we go too far? Should we text sean and hayes, or play it cool?

• Like 4

post their phone numbers pls

• Like 3

Like like like like like like like like like like like like like like dude.

You guys say "pants" when you're talking about underwear. Don't judge.

Also, it seems like Dan says "like" a lot.

• Like 4

Great idea. Great standup. Great pod. Great ep. Great fit. Great chemistry.

Hayes won't let me make any further references regarding the word chemistry.

• Like 5

You guys, I don't have enough money to build the department of transportation in my SimCity iPhone game... It's the worst day ever.

• Like 1

just type in "imacheat", might cause a tornado tho

• Like 2

I liked this episode, my cousin Darnush did not

And in the YouTube video I talk exclusively of TheloniousJunk.

I am flattered beyond measure and your hair is ahhmazing

• Like 4

And it is true Dan is required to say one "Like" for every like he has received on Youtube.

• Like 2

We want to look at specific prepositions and articles that occur together often enough for the comparison to be meaningful; and (because the data is far from orthogonal in the variables of interest) we'll look in each case at the proportion oflike-insertion in a given lexical frame.

Here's "in (like) the":

in like the in the like per 10,000 Male 102 23,627 42.9 Female 95 27,919 33.9

Here's "on (like) the":

on like the on the like per 10,000 Male 62 11,483 53.7 Female 60 15,573 38.5

In both of those cases, it seems that men actually insert like more often than women do. This is not true for all of the lexical frames that I've tried, e.g. "for (like) the":

for like the for the like per 10,000 Male 92 6,081 149 Female 119 7,360 159

Two things are different in "for (like) the" compared to "in (like) the" and "on (like) the": the frequency of like-insertion is 3 to 5 times higher; and the women are doing it around 7% more often than the men, rather than about 20-30% less often. It might be interesting to look into these differences further, but it's time to pour another cup of coffee and move on.

• Like 1

I may not have fully understood all that jabber, Octy, but you sure seem interested! So, by golly, you're just gonna have to add another "LIKE" to those ten thousand males of yours! Hope that doesn't screw up your maths too much.

PS: 10k males!? Quit hoggin' all the bachelors!

• Like 3

Huh. Imagine if when people talked about their new year's resolutions they were actually talking about the resolutions on their screens. Just a thought.

• Like 6

when I was talking about my new years resolution I thought I was talking about the new year's revolution, hoping that my favorite NBC drama would be renewed in 2015.

I don't understand what that means either.

People do say 2015 will be the Year of 4K. I think that's a fine goal indeed.

Personally, my New Year's Resolution is 640x280. A squat year with little interesting detail, but anybody with a decent dial-up connection can be a part of it.

• Like 8

happy new yeards eve erryone. im going to go eat brisket and drink wine until i die

• Like 3

happy new yeards eve erryone. im going to go eat brisket and drink wine until i die

Is eating shitty meat a New Years Eve thing? Nate Corddry mentioned eating potroast on New Years on Bob Ducca's podcast and I had never heard of that

• Like 3

Is eating shitty meat a New Years Eve thing? Nate Corddry mentioned eating potroast on New Years on Bob Ducca's podcast and I had never heard of that

im not sure. it is at the party I am attending though

• Like 2

#JesuitsControlTheMedia

I went to a Jesuit university for college. Can confrim.

• Like 2

Happy new year to all of you! I'm just listening to 10cc, drinking champagne, and doing my hair...and thinking that I hope 2015 is a lot like Back to the Future II. I do have a sports almanac from the 1980's. Now I just need a time machine.

• Like 5