🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — Dan Klein, Our Close Friend

They say you are what you eat, but I don't remember eating anorexia.

Thank you thank you I'll be here all week.

• Like 2

I watched Dan Klein's special last night. It was pretty funny and I "got" it but I felt like the concept didn't need an entire hour. Hit the same notes after a while for me. The best bit was when he did his take on hecklers in the audience and meeting people outside the club after shows. Overall, pretty solid BUT THATS JUST MY SHITTY OPINION THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR ALL RIGHT BABIES HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY KISSES AND HUGS TO YOU ALL

• Like 7

It's almost like he's seen people be shitty to people who have shared their opinions on this forum.

• Like 4

By the way guys, I don't know if you have heard or not but the action/adventure feelm, "Back to the Future 2" is set in the year 2015 which just so happens to be the year that we are living in right now. Please mention this in your Facebook statuses, tweets, tumblrs and just in passing conversation with friends/family/strangers. Also mention your displeasure in the fact that you were "lied to" by the movie's creators at how innacurate their depiction of 2015 was. Say things like, "Man, no hoverboards or self-tying shoelaces or dehydrated pizzas or flying cars yet! Haha what a bummer" or "Jaws 19?! Looks like we have 15 more Jaws movies to look forward to this year *grooooooan* ;)"

Everyone will know that you are a HUGE movie nerd just like me because I'm a nerd and I love Back to the Future and even the Star Wars franchise!! (except those YUCKY prequels that George Lucas made! Umm can you say cash grab!! Jar-Jar Binks is the worst, I HATE him!)

• Like 8

Because you're a cannibal?

...which I totally support.

Nothing like a great bottle of French Pinot to go with your family, eh Chanson?

ChansonWine.jpg

• Like 5

Actually, this goes for everyone: What do your parents call you?

My mom calls me A.J. No one in my life has ever called me anything but A.J. It helps because if I get a phone call asking for "Anthony" I know is likely not a worthwhile call

• Like 1

Fun Fact: my name means something in French and is therefore relatively common in Francophone places albeit not as a name.

• Like 2

Fun Fact: my name means something in French and is therefore relatively common in Francophone places albeit not as a name.

I thought it meant "Son of Chan"

• Like 8

fun fact: when I listened to old episodes of HH and RSS and they mentioned you I always figured you were a french speaker and they were butchering your name on purpose

• Like 2

I thought it meant "Son of Chan"

Good guess. Actually, it's not but I'm being positive today, so at least you tried and isn't that what's really important?

Also, that song is not about me although I was once a petit enfant and am currently literally a Chanson but not in the French way.

Also, Sean and Hayes actually do say my name right. Not in the French way, but in the name way. However, that was a whole thing, too and now I feel like I've said too much and it's gonna become a whole 'nother thing again.

• Like 3

what's it like being a relative of The Amazing Chan / a member of the Chan Clan

• Like 1

there's an omniscient robot lady at my job that periodically says "silence on chansons" and also "silence continues on chansons" and she kind of sounds like a norwegian robot lady. she pronounces it like a norwegian robot lady.

• Like 2

Dan Klein's standup special is hilarious and I liked it BEFORE agata told me to like it on Facebook. Suck it, Hayes!

who are you IRL

• Like 2

there's an omniscient robot lady at my job that periodically says "silence on chansons" and also "silence continues on chansons" and she kind of sounds like a norwegian robot lady. she pronounces it like a norwegian robot lady.

I am unsure what to think about this. I would like to meet a Norwegian robot lady. I would ask her about Norwegian fisheries policies and her stance on whaling.

If this post can somehow be construed as sexist, that's not how I mean it. Just in case that's a problem. You have to get out in front of these things, I'm finding.

PS - still listening to your radio show and enjoying it. Just in case you were wondering.

Favorite Kurt Vonnegut novel: Player Piano

• Like 3

Actually, this goes for everyone: What do your parents call you?

same as on here

• Like 12

I knew there were some Kurt Vonnegut (Jr.) fans on here. Knew it.

I'm also kind of a fan of his father's (Kurt Vonnegut, Sr.) architecture. In case anyone was wondering. It's not very dystopian though.

• Like 1

Cat's Cradle is my favorite Kirk Vonnegut novel as well. The other ones are all total shit in comparison. (Edit: they are still good though.)

• Like 1

I knew there were some Kurt Vonnegut (Jr.) fans on here. Knew it.

I'm also kind of a fan of his father's (Kurt Vonnegut, Sr.) architecture. In case anyone was wondering. It's not very dystopian though.

It's online, of course there are vonnegut fans

• Like 3