🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — Dan Klein, Our Close Friend

Here are my shoes on the carpet at work. I wear these pretty much every day. I probably shouldn't wear them to work because everyone else here dresses real fancy. But I guess I'll do it until someone tells me not to.

v11FR3I.jpg?1

• Like 4

Dude hurricane dennis is pretty awesome.

Here’s one from a fishing trip I took on Monday.

11r7y46.jpg

The hangout was pretty fun. My connection timed out after about a half hour and when I logged back in, there were too many people and my mic was muted by default. This is something we might want to look into for Tuesday… Everyone wuz sweetheartz. I accidentally drew a line threw the pic on ms paint, but you get the idea..

• Like 9

Last time I checked in it was on page ten. Jeeze.

I wanted to say that in the Simpsons episode where the town legalizes gambling the get a Siegfried and Roy knockoff with their own Siberian tiger named Anastasia and they pronounced it exactly how the guys do.

• Like 1

Haha! I remember that, W + 121. I love the way the guys pronounce my name.

Killer pup, Charlie. She's a keeper.

Burger, too cute! PS - I like the slow motion of this little guy that you put on the gram.

• Like 2

Dreidel really wanted to be a part of this. She's kinda obsessed with the forums.

dcdd9462-b5c9-4062-bf8f-5a23840e113e_zps11ed6e3d.jpg

We got to meet Anastasia's cat, Bruce's dog, Veebs' cat, and Charlie's dog on the hangout last night. All of them are kinda awesome. You guys, animals are pretty great!

• Like 5

While reviewing my tapes of the past week's sitcoms for jokes stolen from the boys, I caught "New Girl" making a "cheeseburger sandwich" gag. The boys probably don't have a lawsuit, since it was tweaked enough. I hate legal technicality-yes-up-yay-unders..

• Like 2

Dennis is absolutely majestic, I want him to appear in the sky and give me advice.

His spirit form is a hurricane, so that could easily be worked out. He's pretty wise and dignified, until you take a leash out, at which point he acts like a damn idiot. What kind of advice are you looking for? Here are a few freebies:

On treats. "You are allowed to have a treat anytime something happens, like getting brushed, or your nails clipped, or if you bark at the mailman. It is worth a try to just stand looking at the door of the treat cabinet. It helps to be fluffy."

On meals. "Try a little bit from each bowl. One might be way better than the other."

On tricks. "Never let them know that you understand and know how to do a trick. Maybe if it's for a piece of salmon, but not for anything less than that."

On cats. "They seem great, and I really want one. I probably won't eat it, but we won't know until we try! Give me a cat please."

• Like 4

dogglewolf.jpg

we talked about this right?

Swag.

• Like 1

dogglewolf.jpg

Yes! I like a wolf with safety gear.

• Like 2

dam all these photos last few pages have slowed my 56k down to a crawl, watch the jpegs

• Like 3

dogglewolf.jpg

I'd like to see the den that this wolf is from. Probably 10x better than any Wolf Den that Dan Engler hangs around....YA HEAR ME DAN?!?!

• Like 1

I'd like to see the den that this wolf is from. Probably 10x better than any Wolf Den that Dan Engler hangs around....YA HEAR ME DAN?!?!

This seems awfully cavalier.

• Like 1

we have to remember chubby-face hayes for 'dave' situations should real hayes ever become president

(added a link cuz i remembered im real old)

• Like 3

The prince and the pauper except they're in pretty similar situations.

• Like 1

I watched the first episode of the challenge finally. Also the trailer for the wedding ringer maybe 20 times? Sigh. No spoilers but I had forgotten how intrusive the music is in this show. The reveal at the end was also not at all surprising so it made the huge musical sting that much more ridiculous.

• Like 4

Let's get crackin' on these posts, people.

I went to see Tig Notaro last night. Stephanie Allynne was there, which was very exciting. Tig's opener was a musician named Dylan something, I think. Who cares?

What comedians have you guys seen and who was their opener?

I saw Chelsea Peretti open for Sarah Silverman.

I saw Harris Wittels open for Louis CK.

I saw Nick Kroll open for David Cross.

A friend of mine recently saw Henry Phillips open for Mike Birbiglia and I'm so angry about it because I love Henry Phillips.

Also, on both the Louis and Sarah shows Todd Glass was supposed to be their opener, but it ended up where he didn't start opening for them until their next show. Such sad nights narrowly saved by other super funny people.

• Like 4

I love Henry Phillips. Henry's Kitchen is great.

I saw Gary Gulman open for Louis CK in Boston. It was great. Gulman is v underrated in my opinion.

EDIT: On the talk of opener woes, I saw the Black Keys in Oakland back in November. Early on, when we bought tickets, St. Vincent was slated to open every show for them. I love St. Vincent. Like, so much. Turns out she was absent from a big chunk of the tour, including Oakland. I don't even remember who ended up opening :(

• Like 1

Did anyone see Don't Stop or We'll Die open for Alkaline Trio? I was really pumped when I heard that was happening, but I don't live anywhere near where cool stuff like that goes down.

• Like 1