🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — Dan Klein, Our Close Friend

1. What would all of you want for your birthday if your birthday were coming up soon?

2. What have you listened to or watched today?

1. I can't think of anything that I want, and this made Christmas difficult. Maybe a holiday. There is some talk by Mother that in summer (i.e. birthday time for Andrew) we might take a trip to San Diego (she's a huge Anchorman fan).

2. Today I watched Into The Woods and Foxcatcher at the cinema, I listened to the new CBB podcast and watched the latest TV episode, and I also listened to a whole bunch of Josh Ritter albums.

• Like 2

1. I can't think of anything that I want, and this made Christmas difficult. Maybe a holiday. There is some talk by Mother that in summer (i.e. birthday time for Andrew) we might take a trip to San Diego (she's a huge Anchorman fan).

2. Today I watched Into The Woods and Foxcatcher at the cinema, I listened to the new CBB podcast and watched the latest TV episode, and I also listened to a whole bunch of Josh Ritter albums.

1. Mother sounds fun!

2. I have a question for you and Honlads: How popular is Earwolf in the UK and Ireland? Are you two super cool outsiders with a fringe knowledge of American comedy podcasts?

Two questions:

1. What would all of you want for your birthday if your birthday were coming up soon?

2. What have you listened to or watched today? (This question is inspired by Andrew)

1. This guy GcHwLUw.jpgOnly doing contract work these past few months has put a real dent in my buying old cameras fun times.

lol imagine a new guy sees this giant thread and is like 'whoa these guys really love this episode, i got to see what theyre talking about' and they read the whole thread

we all really did love the episode though right? it was a good epi. "eliaine! people like the show!!"

• Like 5

2. I have a question for you and Honlads: How popular is Earwolf in the UK and Ireland? Are you two super cool outsiders with a fringe knowledge of American comedy podcasts?

Dunno about Ireland, but in England I'd guess most of my peers wouldn't have heard of it. I think my best friend listened to The Bugle at one point, and a few like the Ricky Gervais Podcast on Facebook, but I don't think I've ever had a conversation about podcasts with anyone in real life.

• Like 1

Haha! You just creeped me out.

Are you a photographer? Have you any photos to share?

I like to shoot old film cameras in my spare time. No great works of art, just something to keep me busy.

I've been listening to Oasis and playing World of Warcraft all day. So I guess you can say I've been "killin it"

559.jpg

• Like 3

I worry for the sanity of us all if there is no episode tomorrow. Two weeks in one thread has driven us all to devolve to mainly speak through pictures. With that being said...

140872.jpg

• Like 3

We've devolved to speaking through pictures, yet I know exactly what each of you are trying to say with those pictures. Fucking deep man.

562.jpg

• Like 1

2. What have you listened to or watched today? (This question is inspired by Andrew)

Today I watched the first ep of Togetherness, and I listened to CBB. I also listened to Panda Bear and Sleater Kinney.

The only person I know that properly knows about podcasts is my cousin. He told me to listen to Doug Loves Movies about five years ago, because we always both got Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide. From there I found Comedy Death Ray. The first CDR episode I heard had Dax Shepard on it. I had never heard of PFT, Andy Daly, or Scott, or any of the usual guests. The only names I recognised back then were people like Samberg, Weird Al, etc. but I listened regardless. I didn't understand what was going on for a while. I didn't understand "doing a character". Danny Mahoney committing suicide by walking into the sea with a heavy coat on was when it clicked for me.

I sampled some of the other shows that started around the time Earwolf formed, and CDR became CBB. I started listening to The Reality SHOW Show about halfway through its run. I don't watch any of the shows that are talked about on it (except for Hard Knocks. I loved hearing them talk about something I'd seen.), so I thought I wouldn't get it. The clips did the job, and I loved it. Listened to HH Ep. 1 the day it dropped, and now here we are today. Podcasts have been pretty influential on me. I wouldn't know about good comedy, or a lot of the pop culture that I now like.

I have one friend that listens to How Did This Get Made?, and nothing else. None of my friends even listened to Serial.

493091427_640.jpg

So yeah Andrew and I are super cool outsiders, like Joe Rogan and David Choe.

• Like 5

564 is a proposed area code for the state of Washington covering all of Western Washington, including Seattle. It would be an overlay plan for area codes 206, 253, 360 and 425. As of January 2015, it has not been implemented.

If and when area code 564 goes into effect, it will require 10-digit dialing for all local phone calls in Western Washington. Currently, local calls within a Numbering Plan Area can use 7-digit dialing.

Dammit, failure. You win this time Anastasia Vigo!! (565 isn't a valid US area code, looks like maybe India)

• Like 1

Two questions:

1. I would want my birthday to move back to its normal date in July.

2. I was helping a friend on a construction job and we listened to Depeche Mode, U2, and...the Lemonheads. It's the first time I have ever worked with this guy for an entire day without listening to the Pogues.

Edit: Just want to get this in. I know it's early, but if I walk away from the computer for a few minutes I'm afraid I'll miss my chance.

p183995_b_h3_aa.jpg

• Like 2

What is your husband into, Anastasia? I like to buy people stuff that they didn't even know existed. My [redacted] plays a lot of video games, so I'll search for unique merchandise for games or developers I know he likes. If your guy likes Game of Thrones, there is a ton of stuff at the HBO site and there's that new history of Westeros book out.

• Like 1

^Oh, good suggestions VB!

He's hard to shop for because he's a lot cooler than I am. He looks like this: B)

The CBB today made me want to get this for him. He's also a music guy, so maybe I'll look for some unique music instrument or distortion pedal.

EDIT: Damn, VB, you weren't kidding about the HBO site. I'm going to get this for him and this. And I want this for myself. I love Ghost! Thank you!!

• Like 3

We've devolved to speaking through pictures, yet I know exactly what each of you are trying to say with those pictures. Fucking deep man.

562.jpg

I just noticed that this truck says k-stools on it, if you squint just right. I once had a dream of starting a tool company and naming it S-tools. I also wanted to start a company called Safety First Productions with the slogan "Where quality is job two."

570-1.1121285973.thumb2.jpg

• Like 1

Two questions:

1. A vanity plate having to do with Spider-man.

2. A couple episodes of CBB. Right now I'm paused in the middle of episode 12 with Jon Hamm in my car. As of this moment, I am watching the Hellfish episode of The Simpsons.

I just finished listening to the Kroll episode of CBB and I'm now listening to the Benny Shwaz and Horatio episode. V. funny.

573-Betriebshof-Niederschoenhausen-13.08.05.jpg

• Like 1

there's that new history of Westeros book out.

WHAT?! How did I not know this?! I need!

Also, is it just me, or is Martin taking a while to write thee books, eh?!

• Like 1

Anastasia -- if ur gonna get a guitar pedal for your uncle you might wanna check these guys out. These are the cool-guy pedals that you can't buy at the store. Oddly, this article is on vice. Death by Audio also had a very beloved DIY space that was displaced by vice headquarters about 2 months ago... >> http://noisey.vice.com/blog/death-by-audio-the-accidental-pedal-company-interview At the end of the day, getting someone a pedal isn't a great idea because generally shopping for pedals is a process where you go and play through a bunch of them 'til you've got what's known as a "tone-boner."

• Like 3