🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — Dan Klein, Our Close Friend

also, today I've been listening to the gories, michael rault, and blonde elvis.

Anastasia -- if ur gonna get a guitar pedal for your uncle you might wanna check these guys out. These are the cool-guy pedals that you can't buy at the store. Oddly, this article is on vice. Death by Audio also had a very beloved DIY space that was displaced by vice headquarters about 2 months ago... >> http://noisey.vice.c...mpany-interview At the end of the day, getting someone a pedal isn't a great idea because generally shopping for pedals is a process where you go and play through a bunch of them 'til you've got what's known as a "tone-boner."

I've heard of these pedals. I'll check them out. Maybe one will give me a "tone-boner" and then I'll just hope that he bones to the same tone. Thanks! Good suggestions!

• Like 2

burdrulz is the coolest. michael bay of pigs is the second coolest. joe mcgurl is the #1 handsome boy.

• Like 3

Anastasia, it might depend on what kind of stuff he plays/how much you wanna spend but a looper pedal is super fun to play around with and it can help with practice/songwriting too. Plus it come with the added bonus of you being able to close your eyes and pretend your loved one is Reggie Watts.

http://www.musicians...-effects-pedals

I've heard of these pedals. I'll check them out. Maybe one will give me a "tone-boner" and then I'll just hope that he bones to the same tone. Thanks! Good suggestions!

Analog Man mods and updates classic pedals and make a few of their own for people who are into really specific sounds. They are quality products even though they are a bit pricey. I have an orange juicer from them and the compression is soooo tasty. Totes tone boners

EDIT: Almost forgot

gliese581system.jpg

I find Gliese 581d to be of particular interest...

• Like 3

Interned for them for two semesters. I used to build a lot tube amps and that's pretty much what I did when I was there. Class A stuff mainly, but also some plate-starved stuff that could conceivably have been made into a pedal. Oliver graduated from my program at NYU and is a certified cool-dude who's up there with burdrulz and michael bay of preezewood. (joe mcgurl is the #1 handsome boy and sean and hayes are my heroes)

• Like 1

1. My birthday IS coming up and I asked for a hairdryer. Have you considered buying your [redacted] a hairdryer for his birthday, Anastasia?

2. "Outsider" is a pretty great song from a pretty rough album. "Psycho Therapy" is pretty good too I guess. Today I listened to Smokey Robinson and the Miracles and then I listened to Royal Trux and then I listened to some RSS because I'm working my way through those.

PS

TWHW1.png

(this is my 1st post and also I consider myself to be #1)

(you guys seem to love joke explanations)

(so I thought maybe you would also like an explanation of my explanation)

• Like 9

lol imagine a new guy sees this giant thread and is like 'whoa these guys really love this episode, i got to see what theyre talking about' and they read the whole thread

1. My birthday IS coming up and I asked for a hairdryer. Have you considered buying your [redacted] a hairdryer for his birthday, Anastasia?

2. "Outsider" is a pretty great song from a pretty rough album. "Psycho Therapy" is pretty good too I guess. Today I listened to Smokey Robinson and the Miracles and then I listened to Royal Trux and then I listened to some RSS because I'm working my way through those.

PS

TWHW1.png

(this is my 1st post and also I consider myself to be #1)

(you guys seem to love joke explanations)

(so I thought maybe you would also like an explanation of my explanation)

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

lol imagine if a really rich person decided to send me a lot of money and also my voice came back tomorrow and then my podcast became #1 on itunes

• Like 7

u guys better watch your ps and cues or i will post you in to the corn field

• Like 2

yeah I'm really looking forward to 500+ posts about the show every week! can't wait for some serious in-depth discussion about hollywood handbook.

• Like 4

yeah I'm really looking forward to 500+ posts about the show every week! can't wait for some serious in-depth discussion about hollywood handbook.

Take it easy, new guy. We only regularly post like 300 times over the course of a week, ALRIGHT?!

thumb-patch-587-halibut.jpg

• Like 1

Not to brag or anything, but I kind of built this honker of a guitar in middle school, and it's got a lot of cool parts like duct tape and plywood, so I think I know a thing or two about guitars.

Uu4fYxW.jpg

588-1.jpg

• Like 5

WHOSE ALT ACCOUNT IS THIS

IF IT'S JOE THEN I HATE YOU

• Like 4

if we're still peepin post #s can we get to 603 so I can be like "yeah that's the area code for NH woo wow wooo".

f**** it I'm tired wow look at that 523681_414177668648515_1098175201_n.jpg?oh=a56d2b6694af1b5e13ae4434f489e1cb&oe=54BEEEE7&__gda__=1421468526_41b247aa887e105dc532c57fd8ee7c74

im just lyin in wait for a certain beastly number t2W2WRZ.gif

• Like 5

Fuckin' shit. You don't check the forum for 12 hours and you come back to around 100 new posts. Jesus.

• Like 4

davenport

here -->

Nice! This is my favorite 'Those People'. I also like the nap one but mostly because I like to imagine Hayes holding me while I cry.

Should we tell Chanson that the dollar is technically a monetary union?

521_Club_Logo.jpg

True.

I have my criticisms of the US Dollar, too. On similar grounds. Although the key difference is that the Euro is used and governed by multiple sovereign nation states with their own fiscal and monetary policy, which creates problems in periods of rapid growth or contraction. This can also be seen in the US although the federal government is much stronger and has much more power to enforce its own rules than the EU government and has a much longer history and precedent of making and enforcing such rules. Not that the EU can't work it out over time but the road will be bumpy and involve a loss of sovereignty for the member states, which is unfortunate since individual sovereignty is the primary value of being an independent nation state.

Also, I'm not saying the Euro isn't pretty. It's much prettier than the US Dollar.

But so is the Zimbabwean Dollar.

1024px-Zimbabwe_%24100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

This concludes another installment of Chanson pontificates about his opinions on monetary policy and currency unions.

Edit: Sorry my picture has numbers that are unrelated the post #. I do feel ashamed of that.

• Like 2

PS - So we're all super worried that there won't be an episode tomorrow right? It's not just me?

But we're also pretty stoked for the Google Hangout, right? Tuesday at 7:00PM Pacific Time. Who needs a podcast when you have friendship? Right?

But a podcast would be nice, too.

• Like 2

2. "Outsider" is a pretty great song from a pretty rough album. "Psycho Therapy" is pretty good too I guess.

I completely disagree. This album is not like their early stuff. But it's pop and fun and interesting. There are so many good Dee Dee tunes on this album. And I can't get enough of I Need Your Love.

Nice! This is my favorite 'Those People'. I also like the nap one but mostly because I like to imagine Hayes holding me while I cry.

#personal.

• Like 1

PS - So we're all super worried that there won't be an episode tomorrow right? It's not just me?

But we're also pretty stoked for the Google Hangout, right? Tuesday at 7:00PM Pacific Time. Who needs a podcast when you have friendship? Right?

But a podcast would be nice, too.

Yay! New ep. With PFT!

• Like 3