🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 168 — These Fat Crackers: The Final Battle

This was episode was episode but Charlie's "cold as..." was my biggest crackup.

I really loved Jon in this, even more than normal. Since we're not allowed to beat women, we beat HIS ass.

• Like 2

I really loved Jon in this, even more than normal. Since we're not allowed to beat women, we beat HIS ass.

Especially when (charlie?) almost stopped the whole scene to point out the elephant in the room of how fucked up everyone thought it was gabrus would even go to that place lol

• Like 3

Props to Steph. It's one thing to improv a silly character, but she played 100% straight and was still laugh out loud funny. Even made the other improvers laugh. Amazing.

Totally. I've noticed with previous I4H appearances and the few Wild Horses performances I've seen/heard that she's incredibly good at doing uptight straight (wo)man characters. Her voice is perfect for it too, because she has a certain shakiness which sounds really funny when she's either tentatively or passive-aggressively responding to something.

• Like 4

I really like this episode too. The main difference with this kind of improv is that the improviser is playing the game of the scene while playing whatever their character's game is.

Hoping word gets out on this episode to start i4h with a bang for the new year.

Ahhh thanks for this. I got that the characters were developing over the different episodes but I'm not sure this was clear to me. Me and my friends were on a road trip yesterday and I played the Best of Music and 420 Special eps. They're both hooked now

• Like 1

Thas for a great trilogy Adair. Really well made and well performed. I love every. Single. One. Of your guests. If you added Gemberlicking and Rust it would have been my dream team! Really, so fucking good. And i like your new experiments. I think its working, just keep pushing it.

BUT

As a massive fan and weekly listener i feel like i should share my 2 issues:

The first is a real issue. The gum chewing made my stomach turn. My housemate does it all the time and it drives me crazy. Worst sound in the world. Why would you do that into a mic?

The second im not sure is even a issue, but more of an improv quiery. You seemed to direct the improvisers more during the flatmate scenes. Is that to be expected. It didnt ruin anything for me, i just felt bad for the improvisers who might have had their own ideas before you interrupted the mwith direction. Was this something you discussed with the, beforehand? Dont get me wrong, the scenes were as funny and interesting as ever as has been mentioned on this thread.

Love you forever Matt, I have learned so much from you from across the Atlantic!

Talal

Ps. I am doing UCB 101 here in London in February and am dying to know who our tutor(s) will be. Any clue Adair?

Pps. My dream is to follow that up with 102 in LA. What are the chances of that happening??

Lovelovelove

• Like 1

Matt these 3 shows have been as funny as anything, And that Vancouver show was also great. Thanks for the hysterical and consistent free comedy. I would love to see you do this kind of show again as often as possible, it brought me a lot of joy. And the other guys in this show, 4 of whom were amazing for another 2 as well, they're better than everyone at this.

2014 was the first year I listened to I4H regularly. I've been sharing it with everyone I talk to. I feel like it's just starting to hit its prime. I am really looking forward to 2015!

By the way, can we recommend the next group for this kind of long form characters? Andy Daly, Joe Wengert and Sean Conroy please.

Loved this trilogy and episode. Was great to see the characters flesh themselves out and interact with each other, and Charlie and Colton both brought a lot to the final ep.

Reminded me a bit of Andy Daly's Podcast Pilot Project. I don't think I've listened to something with that balance of form/character and improv before, but I enjoyed both a ton.

These Fat Crackers would be a better sitcom than 90% of the ones on tv, and we didn't even get to watch it.

This was a really cool experiment, and now it's one of my all time favorites. I hope they do it again. Stephanie played a great straight character, and Eugene and Colton's transitions between straight and insane was awesome.

• Like 6

My problem with these episodes is that Besser is barely involved in the scenes.

• Like 1

F-M-K

Matt Bessar

John Gabrus

Eugene Corddry

?

I would fuck Eugene because, let's face it, he's the fittest of the three.

I'd marry Besser because he'd best be able to provide the lifestyle I'm accustomed to.

And I'd kill Jon because it would make Colton happy.

• Like 3

As a massive fan and weekly listener i feel like i should share my 2 issues:

The first is a real issue. The gum chewing made my stomach turn. My housemate does it all the time and it drives me crazy. Worst sound in the world. Why would you do that into a mic?

The second im not sure is even a issue, but more of an improv quiery. You seemed to direct the improvisers more during the flatmate scenes. Is that to be expected. It didnt ruin anything for me, i just felt bad for the improvisers who might have had their own ideas before you interrupted the mwith direction. Was this something you discussed with the, beforehand? Dont get me wrong, the scenes were as funny and interesting as ever as has been mentioned on this thread.

A weekly listener should know not to question Master Blaster.

• Like 5

A weekly listener should know not to question Master Blaster.

Woah! I forgot my station for a moment. Thanks for the reality check. I just wanna touch him though, he's scary in a good way!

• Like 1

Wait a sec!

Sexy robot says at the end of each episode that we should antagonise the fucker!

Sooooo confused!!

• Like 1

One of the best I4H episodes yet! I would love to hear more episodes like this, with the same characters taken from scenario to scenario. Everyone is in top form! So great!

Trilogy is amazing, and this particular episode is, in my opinion, the best I4H episode that ever was. Either this or the Christmas Carol episode.

• Like 1

This episode was a masterpiece. I loved it.

But please police the gum-chomping in the future!

Came here to say this. Liked the episode a lot but gum chewing on any recorded audio is like a huge thing you just don't do. Matt and everybody there are pros so I'm frankly surprised that one of them would think it would be ok. Maybe they thought you couldn't hear it buy you definitely could.

Obviously this message is waaay too late to matter, but I'm going through the episodes in order and the gum thing stuck out. So hopefully it's not a problem that reoccurs. Otherwise fun episode. I must not have been paying attention because I didn't really appreciate how we were sticking with the same characters throughout the whole thing, but entertaining improv regardless.

Sign in to follow this