🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2014.4 — Best of 2014 Pt 4

Also... I think Scott meant French Bulldogs, not Boston Terriers, re: c-section puppy birth.

I think it's both.

• Like 1

One last comment on the Best of episodes... I loved how PFT would throw out a random "Ho Ho" throughout all four episodes.

• Like 2

what is the eminem/Scott story that makes him squirm? i thought i was all up on the whole VMA issue from years back unless I am missing something.

what is the eminem/Scott story that makes him squirm? i thought i was all up on the whole VMA issue from years back unless I am missing something.

That's it. Eminem and Sacha BooBoo GooGoo were pissed that he revealed it was a stunt.

• Like 2

That's it. Eminem and Sacha BooBoo GooGoo were pissed that he revealed it was a stunt.

ohhh ok. thanks.

It was a little sad to hear Scotty Aux even entertain the possibility of ending the podcast, during the wrapup convo. Never, Scotty, never!

The biggest gift this podcast has given me is my inability to resist doing the "it's been awhile" bit whenever it comes up in my daily life (which is actually pretty often). I imagine you guys have listened to this supercut or that it was posted in one of the other BO2014 threads. Oh man, I love it.

Will come back after finishing for more discussion, but just wanted to say OH MAN major flashback to my Catholic childhood when Paul started singing "Were You There." I remember always hating that song, because it sounded like an accusation.

Yes. I was like, "Somewhere in the dark recesses of my consciousness, I knows this song." Guess I repressed a lot of my Catholic grade school experience.

Hi!

In the last pod cast ( Best of 2014 ) Scott was talking about a improve that he did with JJ Abram, I wonder where we can find that?

Cheers from Sweden.

I'm amused by the brief shock/disbelief/disgust both Paul and Scott have when Scott says Andy had to listen to about twenty episodes for prep work. "Twenty episodes? Of this bullshit?"

The biggest gift this podcast has given me is my inability to resist doing the "it's been awhile" bit whenever it comes up in my daily life (which is actually pretty often). I imagine you guys have listened to this supercut or that it was posted in one of the other BO2014 threads. Oh man, I love it.

On that note, is everyone else as delighted with the Inherent Vice commercial as I am?

Hi!

In the last pod cast ( Best of 2014 ) Scott was talking about a improve that he did with JJ Abram, I wonder where we can find that?

Cheers from Sweden.

They appeared together on "Snowpants", which is a live long-form show put on by Benny Schwaz and others. It isn't recorded.

Disconcerting but fascinating to hear about how the bread was made. Also, touching/sweet how earnest/sincere Scott and PFT became at the end of the show. The vibe was almost like the end of an era. Which was a little disconcerting for all of us I think - because it's hard to imagine a world without CBB!

The amount of work that Daly and the rest of the crew put into the Golly episodes was staggering. Deserves that on the sheer tour de force. You could feel a similar pressure on Time Bobby 3. To me I appreciate the virtuosity that Daly and PFT bring to these shows but they can feel a little exhausting. I'm glad they're changing gears and refreshing their roster.

"Snubs": Any Intern Gino episode and the Pie Minister Episode. Both awesome and hope to hear from them again next year.

Finally, I'll say that as great as some of these episodes were (to me I laughed the hardest at Tiny and Victor's podcast) my single favorite comedy event of the year was hands down, The Travel Bug with August Lindt. Award-winning stuff.

any melancholy was probably result of thinking "how could we do better than all this so far?" but the answer is yes sure you can... keep going everybody! is that gash on your leg really why...

• Like 1

Hmm a few people have mentioned the Tears For Fears ep as a clear omission - but it's the 1st to be counted towards next year's batch, isn't it?

I'm stunned there was no Tiny Cheeseburger Story on the list. I thought it was pretty popular if just judging by the forums. I'd have been happy if every Brendon Small appearance was on this list though. We heard a lot of Victor and Tiny last year, but his Bernie Fretts character (on episode #294 Honk Shoo) was probably my favorite new characters of the year. I hope he returns in 2015.