🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2014.4 — Best of 2014 Pt 4

Can I just say... that 'n' (i.e. rock 'n' roll) is the shortest contraction.

I think that's not considered an officially accepted contraction, it's more colloquial like "cap'n"

Very weird to hear Scott and PFT actually talk about the characters they did (I'm including Dabney) as opposed to the usual "Paul never does CBB until the year end" conceit.

Also can't believe PFT got Scott to sing along to what is essentially the Eagles' biggest hit...

I haven't listened to this one yet, but I couldn't help but peak at the comments since I'm currently sitting at an airport hella delayed. I've felt this way about the dialogue throughout the year end round up. A lot of behind the curtain work... a lot of nostalgia. Makes a person wonder.

Also, fantastic avatar!

Thanks... Lifelong krp fan!

• Like 1

I actually skipped listening to the OGYD clips. It's an incredible episode and if there were actual awards for excellence in podcast characs, Andy Daly deserves them, but it's sort of exhausting to listen to.

Really, that's how I feel about a lot of mythology thick episodes. I don't dislike them, they're usually really good, but it feels stressful to listen to because everyone involved has to make the episode worthwhile and push some sort of storyline forward. I prefer the ones divorced from any sort of mythos because they can be so loose and goofy.

*~*~*~JUST MY OPINION MAN~*~*~*

• Like 6

Oh but the actual discussions about how the sausage was made and all that stuff is amazing and maybe made this the best Best Of year ever.

• Like 5

I'm wondering if Scott is feeling blue about the fate of the TV show...

Feeling blue that a new 40-episode season of Comedy Bang! Bang! premieres on IFC January 9?

• Like 5

Yay! Two years in a row that I get to bring in the first episode with a catchphrase (which may be irrelevant since, again, time is a flat circle)!

• Like 3

Unless this doesn't count as coming out today, in which case I will take my b-b-b-b-b-b-business-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s elsewhere.

• Like 2

Feeling blue that a new 40-episode season of Comedy Bang! Bang! premieres on IFC January 9?

Feelin' blue that Reggie is joining the Late Late Show, leaving his presence on the TV show up in the air?

• Like 1

Feelin' blue that Reggie is joining the Late Late Show, leaving his presence on the TV show up in the air?

It's not really up in the air. Scott said on Twitter that Reggie IS leaving halfway through season 4.

It's not really up in the air. Scott said on Twitter that Reggie IS leaving halfway through season 4.

And that they already have a very exciting, soon-to-be-announced new band leader lined up.

• Like 3

He clearly should just go ahead and make PFT his Ed McMahon/Andy Richter/Geoff for the second half of the year.

• Like 3

If there are any new listeners, I highly recommend episode #321 Big Fat Voice. It's a great example of a new guest coming in with a beloved but infrequent character, as well as a new character, to make a show that PFT would only describe as a delight.

• Like 1

I wish we found out which episode PFT said was his favourite.

Seriously, this was a heartbreaking omission.

• Like 1

I think my opinions on the mythology-thick eps have already been covered by previous posters, so let me just say hearing Matt Gourley break PFT into fits of giggles simply by pronouncing "devil" as "Debil" in his HR Giger voice brings me unparalleled joy and laughter.

• Like 2

Will come back after finishing for more discussion, but just wanted to say OH MAN major flashback to my Catholic childhood when Paul started singing "Were You There." I remember always hating that song, because it sounded like an accusation.

• Like 2

And that they already have a very exciting, soon-to-be-announced new band leader lined up.

Best news I've read all day.

• Like 1

YAY! Scottie Aukes on Totally Laime soon!

I already forgot, did we ever find out what their baby has 'really huge' of? Gross PFT. Gross.

I already forgot, did we ever find out what their baby has 'really huge' of? Gross PFT. Gross.

Cheeks. Though we did not discover WHICH!

Also, I am delighted by how much PFT loved Ho-Ho.

• Like 5

It was renewed before Season 3 even premiered.

Scott mentioned on (I think) the Nathan Fielder episode that Thursdays resulted in a notable drop in the ratings, which explains why it's back to Fridays. It's the first show listed on IFC's website, so they really are giving it the good ol' college try to get more people to watch it, and the big renewal certainly shows they had planned the show to be a proper weekly show similar to Last Week Tonight or any other chat show. Hopefully it can regain whatever traction it has lost.

I don't think everything is so doom-and-gloom, though, or IFC very well could have cut the order at what I'm pretty sure would be a comparably low cost.

I wish we found out which episode PFT said was his favourite.

Someone was nice enough to ask:

spoiler alert: it was this one

• Like 5