🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 232 — Mexicans for Morrissey

In this special "music" episode of Sklarbro, Randy and Jason welcome to the show Jonah Ray, Matt Price, and first time guest J. Logic, who breaks down life as an MC in LA in the 90's. But first, the crew goes around and samples songs that came to them in 2014, and in doing so, they wax poetically over the evolution of music and what it takes to transcend a demographic. Also, our crew defines what you have to do to get church girls naked and what a very dirty, adult, no kids allowed song is. Lastly, we find the most sure fire way to hang out with Matt Sharp of Weezer.

• Like 1

One of my favorite episodes of the year from Los Bros Sklars. Everytime I hear these ad all Sklar CountyCountry, it feels like Morning Become Eclectic. Always good to get a good music fix. Perhaps can you guys put a post on this site?

Have a wonderful 2015.

• Like 1

Up in my Grey Haired Mezzanine, we are now diggin the Little Dragon - Klapp Klapp song.

• Like 1

Lake Street Dive is for white adults who want to feel 'funky' and use the word funky in actual conversation.

"lonesome highway" - Right.

Good voice? Yes. but suburban blues.

The metalhead in me immediately says "FUCK YES Mutoid Man!"

Also, that Run the Jewels album is so good. This is my personal favorite from said record:

Great stuff.

Here's the "Milwaukee" video they discussed. Scharpling has directed videos for each before (and this is pretty similar in style), but this was directed by Daniel Ralston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE8me1PWgIo

Coincidentally, their second video features (if you look closely) recent County guest April Richardson (and former CBB guest Susanna Hoffs):

• Like 1

I always love this episode I find so many great songs and bands. Do the publish their lists any where? i would love to have it all written out. If i need to relisten thats fine just curious.

Sign in to follow this