🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 555 - White People Dreadlocks

Amy Lam & Andrew talk about White people loving Reggae and White people dreadlocks. Make sure to leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

Is it racist to listen to reggae? Is this a joke?

is this show like a meta joke about people who call everything "racist"?

• Like 1

It might be time for actual definition of racism.

noun

• the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
  • prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

The caller today is talking about an issue of appropriation. Now in a continually evolving and accepting and blending society that gets- intersting. I personally think white dreads look horrendous on average but who am I to say. Should I say the 'preppy' black kid is frontin b/c he's wearing penny loafers? I find it often to be the case that that the 'whitest' or let's be even clearer anyone in a socio-economic bracket that allows them some privilege make the most ignorant statements about race and are commonly made by 'well meaning' individuals labeling any issue of culture or anything to do with race in issue as racist.

Is it racist to listen to reggae? Is this a joke?

is this show like a meta joke about people who call everything "racist"?

people call in knowing it's racist, yes.

It might be time for actual definition of racism.

noun

• the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
  • prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

The caller today is talking about an issue of appropriation. Now in a continually evolving and accepting and blending society that gets- intersting. I personally think white dreads look horrendous on average but who am I to say. Should I say the 'preppy' black kid is frontin b/c he's wearing penny loafers? I find it often to be the case that that the 'whitest' or let's be even clearer anyone in a socio-economic bracket that allows them some privilege make the most ignorant statements about race and are commonly made by 'well meaning' individuals labeling any issue of culture or anything to do with race in issue as racist.

OH SHIT, THIS GUY DROPPED THE DICTIONARY ON OUR ASSES WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO

• Like 3

OH SHIT, THIS GUY DROPPED THE DICTIONARY ON OUR ASSES WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO

He made a point.

You acted like an idiot. And conveniently ignored half his post.

He made a point.

You acted like an idiot. And conveniently ignored half his post.

OH SHIT GUESS IT'S OUR FAULT FOR MAKING THIS RACIST SHIT ABOUT RACE HOW RUDE OF US

I think it's meta-racist that the topic about white ppl got more comments than any of the other recent episodes.

Or are these topics all sort of about white ppl?

Crap.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this