🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
So Upsettting

Weird theory about scott

Weird countertheory: It might be possible for creativity, humor, and absurdity to exist without coming back to drugs.

• Like 3

Weird countertheory: It might be possible for creativity, humor, and absurdity to exist without coming back to drugs.

That's basically what I meant. He has said he doesn't do much and I believe him. Scott has access to a part of his brain that comes up with stuff like "every TV show should acknowledge every character's birthday in the season premiere" naturally.

My general thinking is "this person had to be so high to come up with this" both undervalues and unnecessarily mystifies the creative process. People mostly don't actually come up with anything terribly interesting or original while high, though it might seem that way while under the influence. If you don't believe me, try hanging out sober with people under the influence. (There may arguably be narrow exceptions, like visual art and certain hallucinogens, but they're narrow and pretty specific.)

I think part of the "they had to be high to come up with that" argument comes from a place of "I could never have come up with that, and it certainly couldn't just be the result of skill or talent, so there must be some kind of external factor to explain it."

• Like 1

My general thinking is "this person had to be so high to come up with this" both undervalues and unnecessarily mystifies the creative process. Stoned/high people generally don't come up with anything terribly interesting or original (though it might seem that way while under the influence), with a few narrow exceptions (like visual art and certain hallucinogens). I think part of the "they had to be high to come up with that" comes from a "I could never have come up with that, and it certainly couldn't just be the result of skill or talent, so there must be some kind of external factor to explain it."

I know, and that's why i like Scott. He just thinks up this stuff on his own.

Weirder theory about Scott:

Scott is actually an alien, born in a distant galaxy with the body of a fully-grown adult (all those "memories" of being a little boy who wanted to grow up to be a big boy are simply a smokescreen) who was sent to Earth when his home planet was destroyed. Scott was discovered in a field in Orange County by Jonathan and Martha Aukerman, who raised the six-foot-tall, gangly infant as their own. Scott eventually discovered the truth of his extraterrestrial origins, and was shocked to learn that a female who was destined to be his companion also managed to escape his planet's destruction. Since that day, Scott has made it his mission to locate his wiiiiife and, to that end, founded Earwolf as a means to broadcast his whereabouts on Earth.

• Like 3

Weirder theory about Scott:

Scott is actually an alien, born in a distant galaxy with the body of a fully-grown adult (all those "memories" of being a little boy who wanted to grow up to be a big boy are simply a smokescreen) who was sent to Earth when his home planet was destroyed. Scott was discovered in a field in Orange County by Jonathan and Martha Aukerman, who raised the six-foot-tall, gangly infant as their own. Scott eventually discovered the truth of his extraterrestrial origins, and was shocked to learn that a female who was destined to be his companion also managed to escape his planet's destruction. Since that day, Scott has made it his mission to locate his wiiiiife and, to that end, founded Earwolf as a means to broadcast his whereabouts on Earth.

Seems legit

Wait. Was everyone on this thread high when they came up with this stuff?

Remember? From earlier?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this