๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
Big McLargehuge

Meltdown (2012)

Shot on location in Wisconsin. Co-starring Robert Z'Dar and Joe Estevez (in a bona fide Soultaker reunion)! It is cheap, hideous, non-sensical, and largely inaudible. Everyone who gets shot is wearing a fresh Hanes undershirt with a VERY visible squib beneath. The two actors I mentioned above are the only professional actors in it. Drug dealers and federal agents are played by kindly old men and twenty-something computer programmer guys respectively. The bad guys' hideout is a music classroom, and it is never explained why. And just wait till you see the bad guy's meeting in the strip "club". (I won't spoil it here, but it is truly wonderful.) I think this one has the potential to be the next midnight sensation ala Birdemic and The Room, but not many people know about it. Let's fix that.

ย 

The whole thing is on youtube:

ย 

http://youtu.be/czaY_3peEz4

ย 

You're welcome.

ย 

P.S.

ย 

I doubt this will ever get on HDTGM, but I'd love you guys and gals to check it out and we can have our own fun right here in this thread. There's a LOT to dissect.

• Like 1

P.S.

ย 

I doubt this will ever get on HDTGM, but I'd love you guys and gals to check it out and we can have our own fun right here in this thread. There's a LOT to dissect.

ย 

"I done did it!" I saw "Meltdown (2012)" And I also love to see it in an episode of the show one day... I made a picture based on the motel room scene where we discover that "Johnny Boy" was a bodyguard for the president!!!

ย 

11000619_10152998884447559_2393013571392280642_n.jpg?oh=e7b250e23531101bb1136492eec7a689&oe=558CC6EF&__gda__=1434719481_aed1b91d9dd1a7895fadb85e73ed924b

I just love that MST3K's comedy is so powerful, it makes the phrase "bona fide Soultaker reunion" something we actually can comprehend.

• Like 2

When you're done consuming turkey, try consuming THIS turkey!

ย 

But seriously, gang, I have officially riffed this movie. You can watch the wife and I provide commentary (absolutely free, already synced up) here:

ย 

http://youtu.be/11jXg-G_sGM

ย 

I only ask that if you like it, share it with others. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

Really good riff, although I had to crank the volume past 100% to hear anything, but then again thats mostly the movie's fault since the paper rustling and random music cues came in loud and clear.

ย 

Also seriously, until I saw the in title of this thread just now that this was a 2012 movie i thought it would have been made in like '99 at the latest. I dont know,

ย 

I cant believe in addition to the hideout being a music room, its referred to as "the warehouse". I swear there was going to be another hideout or something when Dragon told Zdar to get agent fuckup down to "the warehouse", and then they immediately had the scene in the music room with them drinking and then he got knocked out and woke up in the same place...

ย 

Also for supposedly being such great shots as established in the shooting range flirting(?) scene, our heroes have incredibly bad aim, they could barely even hit those guys during the drive-by(?) shooting scene. I mean you'd expect the bad guys to have shitty aim, but its like the person setting up the gun fights saw The Naked Gun and didn't realize it was a comedy and thought thats what badass gunfights looked like? and I'll just leave this here http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BehindAStick

You're proving my point: there's a lot to unpack with this movie and it would make a great episode of the podcast, but I doubt they would ever do a movie NOBODY's ever heard of. That's why I took matters into my own hands. The world needs to know about Meltdown!

Sign in to follow this