🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Asteck

The Challenge Battle of the Exes 2 Fantasy League

guys i was legitimately emotional watching the first ep. this is going to be hard.

RIP diem :'(

• Like 3

Very sad when she said she wanted the money so she can start the process of having surrogate children. Diem was such a baller.

• Like 4

The Challenge is the one show that would crush me if it got cancelled. I've been rewatching Fresh Meat 2 the past week. Baffling to me that Cara Maria was actually the first person out that season and managed to keep coming back. Funny seeing the people that couldn't even cut it as regulars on the Challenge. This Pete dude has an anger problem.

As for the new season, I'm excited to see how it plays out. Seeing Diem and Knight is pretty hard, but it could possibly lead to the most emotionally affecting moment on MTV Reality TV in a long time. At least since that time CT picked up Bananas and threw him into a garbage can.

Dude who created RW/the Challenges did an AMA the other day and a bunch of people asked him about an Old School/New School challenge, and he seemed on board. I'd love to see that

• Like 2

I updated the first post with the new leaderboard. The biggest scorer this week was Nany, who won the challenge, got into a verbal fight and cried. There were two iffy hook-ups between Zach and Jenna and Jonna and Jay, but they looked like they stopped at single kisses, so I'm not counting them. The worst scorer was Jenna with -3 for throwing up during the challenge. This episode was sadder than the last one. Poor Diem :(

Sorry Proposition Phil, you got in a little too late. But you can join next season!

I updated the first post with the new leaderboard. The biggest scorer this week was Nany, who won the challenge, got into a verbal fight and cried. There were two iffy hook-ups between Zach and Jenna and Jonna and Jay, but they looked like they stopped at single kisses, so I'm not counting them. The worst scorer was Jenna with -3 for throwing up during the challenge. This episode was sadder than the last one. Poor Diem :(

Sorry Proposition Phil, you got in a little too late. But you can join next season!

Didn't the majority of the people here post their team after the first episode had aired?

I had a good feeling about my team :(

• Like 1

I like to think that Knight is getting HJs from Diem in heaven.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I haven't watched yet but I like that I only put up a 15 this week. Solid showing.

• Like 1

i'm winning! i love winning (related: i hate losing).

i knew i could count on nany to be a crazy person. B)

• Like 2

Didn't the majority of the people here post their team after the first episode had aired?

I had a good feeling about my team :(

Sorry dude, you got in after I'd already made the leaderboard and scored the first episode.

I really wish I'd put either Theresa or Wes on my team. I was banking on Brittany succumbing to the strain of being a newbie and fighting, but nobody's really hazing them. They also seem pretty nice and normal, so things aren't looking good for the rest of the season. Nia's also not acting nearly as crazy as I was hoping she would. Oh well, it's only the second episode, shit usually gets cray the longer they've been in the house.

Leaderboard is updated. My bet on Brittany paid off! She was nominated, won in the dome AND hooked up with her ex, giving her a score of 50, which was second only to her partner Adam who got a 5 point bump after receiving the "You killed it" from TJ of the season. The 3rd and 4th highest scorers were Sarah and Jordan for the challenge win. There were some fighting and crying points among other players as well. I tried to attach the spreadsheet I use to keep track of points to the first post, but it said I didn't have permission to upload that kind of file, so if you want to see it to make sure you agree with the scores, let me know and I'll send it to you.

I don't even want to talk about the beginning of this episode :( :( :(

• Like 2

do i get extra points for crying during this ep?

• Like 3

That tall lanky goober from Are You the One was pretty funny. Hearkens back to the old days of the Challenge when barely anyone had talent and they dressed them up like chickens and made them carry bird food with their mouths. I miss Theo, which reminds me that Reality Bites Back was a great show and if you haven't seen it you should.

Anyway, very sad episode. Sad that this is probably the last time we'll see CT.

• Like 1

That tall lanky goober from Are You the One was pretty funny. Hearkens back to the old days of the Challenge when barely anyone had talent and they dressed them up like chickens and made them carry bird food with their mouths. I miss Theo, which reminds me that Reality Bites Back was a great show and if you haven't seen it you should.

Anyway, very sad episode. Sad that this is probably the last time we'll see CT.

Why would it be the last time?

OK, after hearing all the Challenge talk on RSS + reading this thread I have started to watch this season and HOLY SHIT this show is incredible. I get it. I get it now. However, I do have a few questions that I would be grateful if anyone could answer for me. (Feel free to tell me to go back and watch the first 25 seasons, but know in your heart that I will not be doing that.)

1.) I know there's obviously tons of backstory that I'm missing, but is there something about Sarah in particular that I'm not getting from just this season? Because so far she seems like the sanest one, but a bunch of you guys put her on your teams. Is that just for competitive reasons, or is she going to turn crazy?

2.) Why was Jemmye going on about how she's only into athletic black men but her partner/ex is a doofy white guy?

3.) What is the origin of this Wes/Bananas rivalry?

4.) Any other important things that they've left out of the first three episodes?

5.) Are some (most? all?) of these people just basically professional Challenge players at this point? If so, how can they afford to do that without winning? If not, what the fuck kind of jobs do they have that just let them go off and do The Challenge every couple of months? What will they all do when they're too old?

6.) How fucking old IS Johnny Bananas, anyway? Like 45?

7.) Other than obviously CT and Diem, who am I supposed to like on this show? And most importantly of all, who am I supposed to hate (besides "everyone")?

• Like 5

1. sarah is a really strong competitor and definitely one of the sanest people in the house. she's had very bad luck on a couple of seasons where she had to leave through no fault of her own, so she's kind of due a win by now IMO.

2. i don't know. jemmye is crazy.

3. bananas has won more challenges than anyone else, and wes is a super cocky dude. i think wes is pissed that he's never been as successful in manipulating people as bananas has been over the years. there might be more to this than i remember.

4. the show has been on for 17 years so...i don't really know what you're asking here. there is a lot of history.

5. a lot of them do public appearances at clubs and parties and live off of that, and a lot of them have flexible jobs like bartending or personal training that they do when the show isn't airing.

6. he's 32.

7. i don't know, i pretty much hate everybody.

• Like 5

Thanks! That was super helpful.

4. the show has been on for 17 years so...i don't really know what you're asking here. there is a lot of history.

Yeah I don't know either, just kind of threw that in as a catch-all just in case there was something super important I should know. But it kind of seems like if someone is acting in a way I don't understand, it's probably not because of any long backstory I'm missing, and just because that person is crazy? Am I more or less right?

Why would it be the last time?

I don't know, Diem seemed to really mean a lot to him. Perhaps going back on the challenge would be too hard?

Yeah I don't know either, just kind of threw that in as a catch-all just in case there was something super important I should know. But it kind of seems like if someone is acting in a way I don't understand, it's probably not because of any long backstory I'm missing, and just because that person is crazy? Am I more or less right?

yeah, there aren't a lot of "old school" people in this season so most of the back story you need is already explained through all the ex stuff. you can ask more stuff here if anything else is confusing.

I don't know, Diem seemed to really mean a lot to him. Perhaps going back on the challenge would be too hard?

i'm pretty sure he will be back. he's one of the people that lives off of appearances.

• Like 2

Sarah is pretty cool. She's super emotional though. Like she cries about everything. I think it's because she's super empathetic. She's a really strong competitor and I put her on my team because I genuinely want to see her do well.

The CT & Diem thing is super complicated. Diem is a super good person and a strong competitor which makes it exceptionally sad that we know how the cancer thing turns out. CT... Well, I don't have anything against him but he is a bit of a loose cannon. When you see him caring for Diem you definitely like him a lot, but there are a lot of past season where he is not exactly the most likable character.

A lot of the Challenge people make money from appearing at clubs when they aren't on The Challenge. Wes owns 30 companies (because he's part of a VC firm). It's hard to know what the rest of them do. I think Sarah is an art therapist for kids (so cool), or she was.

Bananas and Wes' rivalry is weird and unnecessary. I think a lot of it is just clever editing but Wes is always the outsider and tries to use people to keep himself in the game while Bananas usually has a bunch of buddies who just form a large group. Bananas is really the only one of those guys left nowadays because the other ones have either stopped doing Challenges or had "allegations" against them that make MTV not want to have them back (or so it has been speculated). That makes it kind of Wes vs. Bananas but it used to be Wes vs. The Crew.

I think you should decide on your own who to like or not. The Challenge is interesting because if you watch The Real World or (watched) Road Rules then you already have a sense for who these people are when they join the show. They've only had two fresh meat challenges where totally new people come in. And then there's this one where people came in from that other show, which has never happened before. You kind of just have to take the people as they are and realize that their personalities have been ramped up by tons of free booze, a fake competitive atmosphere, tons of cameras, and the promise of free money. I think everyone has different reasons for why they root for different people. I imagine they try to get people for these shows that have a diversity of backstories so that they are more relatable to different audiences so there's always someone you can sort of relate to if you became a sociopath.

• Like 3

i'm pretty sure he will be back. he's one of the people that lives off of appearances.

I mean, he's on Kroll Show this season.

2.) Why was Jemmye going on about how she's only into athletic black men but her partner/ex is a doofy white guy?

On her season of the Real World part of her story line was that she'd only been with black dudes and Knight was going to be the first white guy she'd had sex with.

2. i don't know. jemmye is crazy.

Here is a totally true story. I was trying to drive out of this tiny Starbucks parking lot and some car was going the wrong direction and they holding up a ton of cars. It took forever to get out because every car had to squeeze past this one stupid car blocking everybody. So I finally get up to pass the car and it's fucking Jemmye looking SUPER pissed at everybody as if they were blocking her! Like doing that hands up, shaking her head "what's wrong with you" look. It was pretty great.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this