🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 214 — Me Wheelhouse

Kulap and Howard welcome to the show Scotty Too Hottie (Scott Aukerman,) host of Comedy Bang Bang, now going into it’s 4th season! Then, the gang counts down the top 5 Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic songs, during which time Howard establishes the perfect setting for this specific genre of tunes. Also, Scott and Howard reveal what Calvin Harris would sound like, if covered by Bruce Springsteen. Later, in movie charts, the gang breaks down the new format by which all movies should be made and, in an all too real moment, Scott inquires as to why Howard does what he does. Lastly, Scott fields questions from Chartists, in a segment that yielded the most fanfare ever.

hahaha Howards comment about "Blame" by Calvin Harris being around for 3 years is so right, all these songs sound so alike!

Theres some song with the guy who sings in it from a year back or so and I constantly confuse the two until the singing starts and he screams "BLAME IT ON THE NIIIIIITE"

I was a bit turned off by them discussing the recent wave of dance music that brings back the feel of the early 90s dance and not mentioning Kiesza who is so 90s dance it hurts my dance bones

Not sure Scott gets the show- which is odd considering its on his network or is he trying to make it comedy bang bang style?

Either way

Auckerman seems to be carrying a bit of tension into this show.

"They should not make exclusive announcements on a 'show like this"

Wow.

I'm sure it's all in fun but still a little - weird.

• Like 2

Not sure Scott gets the show- which is odd considering its on his network or is he trying to make it comedy bang bang style?

Either way

Auckerman seems to be carrying a bit of tension into this show.

Wow.

He usually enjoys prodding Howard when he makes his trademark odd word choices, but maybe he was a little more critical than he usually is

Wow.

I love Scotty Too Hottie but he does tend to get a bit pretentious when Mr. Show is concerned.

You folks are like a bunch of ol' gossip hounds. Stirring the pot! They are probably playing up the tension because of what Howard talked about at the beginning of the podcast.

• Like 3

Can we please have one forum thread where some Junior Detective doesn't start digging into the secret, tumultuous, wholly-nonexistent tension behind the scenes at Earwolf?

• Like 13

Gosh, Dan, you sound tense. Is everything okay out there???

• Like 2

I don't work for Earwolf, so I am free to be secret, tumultuous, and wholly-nonexistent.

tumblr_n22jcjFRAJ1qb6e0eo1_400.gif

• Like 6

You're all wrong. The opening for the VPN live shows on youtube says this show is Scott's favorite!

• Like 10

I'm going to start a gossip podcast that delves deep into the secret, tumultuous tension behind the scenes at Earwolf. Don't worry, Dan. I'll credit you for the idea.

• Like 9

That's fine, as long as you have a sub-podcast with co-host Bruce Reid Robinson II about Earwolf's finances, called "Small Potatoes".

• Like 4

Bruce, you in? B)

uh, no doy.

P.S. I love Howard and Scott's dynamic. I could listen to Scott antagonize Howard and Howard snipe at Scott for hours. Seems like that's just the way it is when you know someone for that long.

• Like 13

P.S. I love Howard and Scott's dynamic. I could listen to Scott antagonize Howard and Howard snipe at Scott for hours.

PITCH: 3 Men and A Laotian Lady. After a tragic waffle fire destroys Dragon Manor and the priceless collectibles within, eBay magnate Howard Kremer is forced to move in with his boss, his boss's ex-girlfriend, and their dog Rocky. This Big Brother-style reality series captures the daily life of a fantastic foursome cramstuffed into the most unusual of living situations.

• Like 8

I loved Scott trying to trick Howard into revealing his age. (The Lansbury/Cariou Sweeney Todd was 1979-80, FYI.)

• Like 5

Having someone like Scotty-too-Hotty makes you realize how few guests are interested in challenging Howard's anti-movie, anti-everything-not-hip-hop stance.

I love it when these three get together.

• Like 4

"You can cut this, but by law, you guys should all have to work together."

Glad this great 'sclusie didn't get cut.

PITCH: 3 Men and A Laotian Lady. After a tragic waffle fire destroys Dragon Manor and the priceless collectibles within, eBay magnate Howard Kremer is forced to move in with his boss, his boss's ex-girlfriend, and their dog Rocky. This Big Brother-style reality series captures the daily life of a fantastic foursome cramstuffed into the most unusual of living situations.

They have a cool guy tenant living above their garage named Stard who wears leather jackets and is in a band. And their nosey neighbor, grumpy old Mr. Pepitone keeps trying to get them in trouble with the neighborhood association.

• Like 5

Guys, Scott is completely right about this not being the right platform to make a big announcement (and it not being his announcement to make). If he can't keep it Dirt Cup (i.e. 100% Frank) on a show on his network hosted by his wife and his long-time friend, when can he?

Anyway, super fun episode for all the reasons discussed. Always nice to hear Scotty freed from the shackles of host duty.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this