๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
potsmaster

Dredd

I'd love to see a HDTGM for Dredd in the vein of the Punisher: War Zone episode, because Dredd was seriously badass. Get someone involved with the film if possible and do a comparison with the previously covered shitshow Judge Dredd

I love the movie, but as super violent as it is, there really isn't much for these guys to talk about as it's not nearly as cartoonish as Punisher or Crank, and while it has some of the satire from the comics, it's a lot more subtle and not nearly as over the top as it is in the Stallone version.

• Like 1

The only real over the top thing about this movie is its producer Adi Shankar who I think saw the first evil ex-boyfriend from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and said to himself "I can pull that off."

ย 

PJM03_USA_ENTERTAINMENT.JPG

• Like 3

The only real over the top thing about this movie is its producer Adi Shankar who I think saw the first evil ex-boyfriend from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and said to himself "I can pull that off."

ย 

ย 

Wow. I was under the assumption that if you wore that kind of makeup and shirt, you were legally unemployable.

And more shocking is his resume includes producing The Grey, Lone Survivor, and Killing Them Softly, among others. Not only has he produced a bunch of movies that got great critical reviews or made a bunch of money, but he has been able to get actors like Liam Neeson, Brad Pitt, and Mark Whalberg to be in them, sometimes multiple times, ALL WHILE LOOKING LIKE THAT!

• Like 2

ย 

Wow. I was under the assumption that if you wore that kind of makeup and shirt, you were legally unemployable.

ย 

Well, judging by the X on each hand, he is straight edge, so you know he must have sound judgement

• Like 1

ย 

If Alice Cooper and the Black Eyed Peas were to appear together on an awards show or at a halftime performance or whatever, I imagine that this is what the Asian guy that never gets to talk would look like.

• Like 1

If they're gonna do this, then it should be a form of spinoff show: How Did This Get Remade? Where they compare and contrast between remakes/reboots....

ย 

Both (Judge) Dredd's

Both Godzilla's

Both Robocop's

ย 

Total Recall....

• Like 1

If they're gonna do this, then it should be a form of spinoff show: How Did This Get Remade? Where they compare and contrast between remakes/reboots....

ย 

Both (Judge) Dredd's

Both Godzilla's

Both Robocop's

ย 

Total Recall....

Psycho

Prom Night

Nightmare on Elm Street

TMNT

• Like 3

"How Did This Get Made?: REBOOT EDITION" or "How Did This Got Rebooted?"

• Like 1

Psycho

Prom Night

Nightmare on Elm Street

TMNT

ย 

Exactly.... If Scheer's looking for another podcast to go on Wolfpop, this practically makes itself. A sister podcast on his sister network. It's all good.

Yeah, Dredd is actually a pretty damn good picture.

It's just unfortunate that it had the stigma of the previous film. Actually had friends asking if it was a sequel to the Stallone film.

Sign in to follow this