🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 169 — Open Mike Eagle LIVE Xmas Special at UCBsunset

Horatio Sanz, John Gemberling, and Matt Walsh welcome Open Mike Eagle to perform a song from his latest album Dark Comedy on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser LIVE from the new UCB Sunset theatre! They’ll also explore how ecstasy etchings become reality, bands who cannot be categorized, and what can go wrong while on a exotic zoo tour. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Open Mike Eagle? Fuck yes. Dark Comedy is one of the best albums from last year if you haven't heard it yet.

• Like 1

More Open Mike Eagle please. I enjoy the musical episodes and an artist like Open Mike would be perfect because lyrics.

Science: guinea pigs are docile because they are a domesticated animal. There are no wild guinea pigs. Wikipedia says they were first domesticated in 5000 B.C. so that's a long, long time to loose that ferocious survival instinct.

220px-Cuy_Guinea_Pig_Dish_SG.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_pig#As_food

While I usually enjoy and respect the musicians that appear on this podcast, this is the first time I was actually excited and a fan pre show. Let's get Busdriver and Nocando on to!

• Like 1

I was diggin' Eagle. Sounds like it's right up my alley. Will be downloading his album.

Also cool funny sketches bruh

Open Mike Eagle (lyric to his song): "High adrenaline I'm rapping on the cake boss"

Me (sitting at home alone listening): "Cake Boss!"

• Like 9

so glad to see Mike on this show... hopefully it's only a matter of time before he's on CBB as well.

I caught him with Busdriver and Nocando in 2013 on the Arguments with Dreams tour... very intimate venue and it was actually the first time I'd gotten to see live hip-hop. they each played their own separate sets and then all performed a couple songs together at the end, most notably Werner Herzog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75jWcoa7Rk0

"I eat fair trade cheese and fart fairness."

sadly, I haven't checked out Dark Comedy yet... but that's soon to change.

• Like 2

October 23, 2005 Knox County, OH: Siberian Tiger Bites Boy at road side zoo. A 10-year-old Columbus-area boy got too close to a Siberian tiger that bit him Knox County Sheriff David Barber said. Ethan Newman of 1011 Colony Way in Perry Township was bitten on the leg in a fenced compound at the Siberian Tiger Foundation off Deal Road, Barber said. The park is 2 miles southeast of Gambier. The foundation is owned by David and Diana Cziraky who charge customers for a “close encounter” in which they enter a compound with Siberian tigers chained to posts, the sheriff said. The boy and his father, Robert, were in the compound with a trainer for a close encounter when the incident occurred.

http://bigcatrescue....ed-by-big-cats/

Was this dude only 19 / 20? This seems way too recent (he didn't sound that young to me), but the details appear to match up. Craziness.

Anyways, really great line-up on this episode. Never heard of Open Mike Eagle before but I enjoyed him.

• Like 2

Nothing is funnier than John Gemberling playing a woman.

There is something about Gemberling's cadence that just delights me. Also, does it seem like Matt Walsh enjoys it when he gets to start a scene because it means he can make it as hard for everyone else as possible?

"This is my son...he's a jockey."

• Like 4

I'm always ready for the big laugh to come whenever Horatio is put on the spot and he always delivers. I'd love for She-Hulk Hogan to pop up on CBB.

• Like 1

Wow. The first 2 skcenes so far are nucking futs. Horatio Sanz & Matt Walsh have always veered far afield whenever they appear on this show and I like hearing them egg each other on. John Gemberling is so unflappable, yet he has the baility to match anyone on gross out / darkness stuff.

Sitting Indian style is sitting cross-legged like when meditating. Should be Asian style I guess maybe? Or just say cross legged, lol. Or lotus style (I think, right?).

Great show!

Wow. The first 2 skcenes so far are nucking futs. Horatio Sanz & Matt Walsh have always veered far afield whenever they appear on this show and I like hearing them egg each other on. John Gemberling is so unflappable, yet he has the baility to match anyone on gross out / darkness stuff.

YUP fucking bonkers the whole show. Drunk Walsh is a wild card

Sign in to follow this