🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 328 — Beatle Heaven

I was impressed by how funny Mike and Steve(x2) were. They fit in perfectly! C+!

I'm curious.... how many CBB fans were big emo fans in the 90s? I loved AF, Owen, Mineral, The Promise Ring, Texas is the Reason, Cap'n Jazz... all that nonsense. Does the emo/comedy venn diagram have a huge overlap?

I was in middle/high school during that era, so I didn't discover it until college, but its still my favorite genre/era of music (then and the early 2000s).

Sorry for being opinionated. To me, a song that is just a pretty melody is like a painting of flowers. I like American Football, but I think Tim's writing is by far the greatest thing to come out of that whole group of musicians, and yes, I am taking into account how amazing of a guitarist Victor Villarreal is. But yes, it is just an opinion. Still, bring on Tim Kinsella!

Not about you having an opinion, I just don't agree with comparing artists in the matter-of-fact manner that you did (particularly when they are brothers, and one could possibly be reading this forum). It's no big deal though.

• Like 2

I was impressed by how funny Mike and Steve(x2) were. They fit in perfectly! C+!

I'm curious.... how many CBB fans were big emo fans in the 90s? I loved AF, Owen, Mineral, The Promise Ring, Texas is the Reason, Cap'n Jazz... all that nonsense. Does the emo/comedy venn diagram have a huge overlap?

I was into all that stuff too, but in my mind emo/screamo/etc. was just an extension of the punk/hardcore scene so maybe there's a connection with the alt comedy scene being kind of the punk rock of comedy at that time. I was living in Jersey when I was a teen in the early 00's and I was just as likely to go into NYC to see Assssscat as I was to go see bands play, they both felt like the same type of thing to me. Both scenes were exciting and radical and immediate, also super cheap and in the case of the UCB theater literally underground.

• Like 1

Is Anders the first guy to mention the Cosby scandal on CBB? I was wondering for a while if Bill Cosby-Bukowski would make some sort of appearance to acknowledge it. After the quick turnaround on Buddy V's arrest, with the Pie Minister making an appearance, I figured if BCB hadn't commented by now, that they weren't touching it.

R2lxKh3.png

• Like 8

Not about you having an opinion, I just don't agree with comparing artists in the matter-of-fact manner that you did (particularly when they are brothers, and one could possibly be reading this forum). It's no big deal though.

Wait, are you one of them? As brothers, I've heard them talk in interviews that they have a healthy competition anyways and I think Mike gets generally more favorable receptions, so if he read that and it hurt his feelings I am sorry (not sarcasm), but I do truly believe Tim Kinsella is one of the greatest creative minds of our time, and he is too often overlooked or looked down upon.

Wait, are you one of them? As brothers, I've heard them talk in interviews that they have a healthy competition anyways and I think Mike gets generally more favorable receptions, so if he read that and it hurt his feelings I am sorry (not sarcasm), but I do truly believe Tim Kinsella is one of the greatest creative minds of our time, and he is too often overlooked or looked down upon.

They're my sons.

jk

• Like 5

They're my sons.

jk

I didn't see the jk at first and was going to say, ahh a ghost. But then I realized that their mother is still alive, so I failed everywhere.

Favorite part of the ep, was the full would you rather theme. C+

If every episode is a C+, doesn't that mean that it is no longer above average?

I find these musician based episodes of CBB really hard to get into. I listen to this show because I adore Scott and his guests comedy. I'm not sure when ones taste in music became such an important factor in liking this podcast.

• Like 1

I find these musician based episodes of CBB really hard to get into. I listen to this show because I adore Scott and his guests comedy. I'm not sure when ones taste in music became such an important factor in liking this podcast.

yeah the Beatles suck

• Like 13

I'm not sure when ones taste in music became such an important factor in liking this podcast.

I'm not sure when it became a requirement that every person like every episode of this podcast.

• Like 5

I'm not sure when it became a requirement that every person like every episode of this podcast.

and I'm not sure when ones taste in comedy became such an important factor in liking this podcast... I mean come on, cant Scott just have all of comedy on as his guest each week? Why do I have to either already like the guest, already not like the guest, or not yet know the guest at all when I listen?! THERES TOO MANY CHOICES TO MAKE!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I hope they can get all 3 Workaholics guys on at some point. Maybe get them to do characters as is part and parcel to CBB.

(And when they're talking guitars--they're playing Taylors. Ain't nothing shitty about those guitars.)

• Like 1

You misunderstood, I said that referring to the podcast as a whole, not just this episode. I'm not trying to be a spoiled fan, but I just feel like having musicians on comedy podcast is not why anyone listens to the show, yet it's becoming an increasingly more common thing on CBB. This is already a pretty specific somewhat niche comedy podcast, that I am a huge fan of. But when you bring in a musician , it narrows that niche even more so. Which I guess leaves fans like me less inclined to enjoy the podcast.

• Like 1

You misunderstood, I said that referring to the podcast as a whole, not just this episode. I'm not trying to be a spoiled fan, but I just feel like having musicians on comedy podcast is not why anyone listens to the show, yet it's becoming an increasingly more common thing on CBB. This is already a pretty specific somewhat niche comedy podcast, that I am a huge fan of. But when you bring in a musician , it narrows that niche even more so. Which I guess leaves fans like me less inclined to enjoy the podcast.

how tragic for you

• Like 7

I could be mistaken , but it seems like a good deal of the music ones are bonus episodes. They are a gift, you don't have to listen to it. Personally, I love the music episodes, even ones where I don't like the musician (which as far as I can tell was only the Interpol one, but he was fine as a guest). In fact, I was sad that the tears for fears one wasn't on the best of.

• Like 6

Sorry for expressing my feelings in a forum.

so your feelings are valid but mine arn't? I feel your feelings are dumb

• Like 3