🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 214.5 — 1/09/15 TWO CHARTED 153

In the first episode of the year, Howard warms up into his regular self, and Kulap helps us understand what aspects of Country music Howard may have missed out on in the previous year. Then, Brett enlightens the group with latest innovations in the world of Mustard and Kulap shares her most recent literary endeavors. Also, Kulap helps Howard understand why monkeys are where they are and Brett discusses his time in Utah. Lastly, Howard talks about his fantastical New Years celebration.

Listening now and I can't believe anyone with music background could enjoy this kind of country pop. I can't wait for Kulap's chart!

Edit: and I LOVE classic country and bluegrass and new grass. This is just the worst genre. Yuck

• Like 3

You can take the boy out of Austin, but you can't the Austin out of the boy...

That country/R+B guy is completely trying to be the Drake of country.

Makes everyone think you're super talented by taking half the words out of any sort of rhyming scheme and just speaking them.

I'll admit its different, but better? nah

• Like 5

I love Peter Gabriel's cover of "Book of Love" and we used it at my wedding. The whole "Scratch My Back" album has some cool covers, like Arcade Fire's "My Body Is A Cage". All piano and orchestral.

That being said, there was no way Skokie Binyan Jr., a/k/a Country Boy Suede, was gonna be havin' any of that emotional swoonin' crap unless it was coming out of Florida-Georgia Line's mouths, talking about their love of mud on their truck's tires. Or if it was being cooed by Maddie & Tae about how it's so hard to be a woman in country music.

Also, Howard didn't have to tell us he had a How to Act. This entire grepisode was a How to Act.

I get this awful country music TV station on my HD antenna channels, sometimes I'm forced to hear it when my fiance is having a country session. The video for "Drunk Americans" came on and I was mesmerized. One of the first lines is "we aint black we aint white" which made me go "?" in my head, so I watched the rest of the video with my eyes peeled, and among all of the paper doll humans in the video there were like 2 black people... Michael Jackson and some other celebrity, maybe Obama or Michael Jordan. Not all of the people in the video were celebrities, there were tons of random people faces, but they were almost all white

hilarious for a song with these lyrics

somebody put that up here please!

• Like 2

we were in a complete post-vacation daze during this, esp me, so it's probably lamer than usual

• Like 3

we were in a complete post-vacation daze during this, esp me, so it's probably lamer than usual

Chartists will find that the complete opposite was true. Many teary laughters with this one.

• Like 1

HAIL SATAN, PROTECT ME FROM THIS SHIT-KICKIN' COUNTRY ASS GARBAGE.

Loved this one just the same, but OOO WEEEE, country music makes me embarassed to be a white person.......

I didn't think it was possible, but Howard's New Year's Eve story made me love him even more.

• Like 1

Howard's love of bro country makes me so sad. There's good country out there, but it's not Sam Hunt. Also, he is from Georgia. Alabama has enough to worry about without having to claim that dummy.

• Like 1

Howard's love of bro country makes me so sad. There's good country out there, but it's not Sam Hunt. Also, he is from Georgia. Alabama has enough to worry about without having to claim that dummy.

but he loves garbage hip hop too. he talks about the new rappers having the same feel and unique attributes that the classic rappers brought to the table, and then he plays songs that are always about sex or drugs. Give me a break.

You all should ease up on Howard a tiny bit. I don't think he was acting as a taste-maker for the audience, I think he was sharing with the audience like, "hey, just so you know, this is what I'm listening to right now."

You all might create a situation where Howard won't want to share, because he doesn't want to suffer the blowback.

• Like 1

I love Howard and he is certainly entitled to his opinion, which I agree with most of the time. My point was just that it's kind of a bummer to find out someone you really like and respect is into something you are repulsed by.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I don't think less of him for it. It's just confusing to me.

• Like 3

I love Howard and he is certainly entitled to his opinion, which I agree with most of the time. My point was just that it's kind of a bummer to find out someone you really like and respect is into something you are repulsed by.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I don't think less of him for it. It's just confusing to me.

I hear you, and I hope I wasn't heavy handed or preachy. I'm older than most around here, and it seems like I can't stand listening to anyone else's music. And they would say the same for me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this