🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 329 — Too Much Tuna Tour

Love this episode. CBB all-stars always deliver.

PFT and Scott's friendship make me unreasonably happy.

• Like 1

As a bonus to that article, read all of the comments left by ChefGus. Hilariously unfunny

• Like 2

This episode was hysterical from start to finish, but I think I laughed the hardest at Scott yelling "SEAPEAS!!!" during the Naturebox commercial... seriously people who skip ads, you are missing out.

I am honestly really sad about Kroll show going. I totally understand and appreciate Nick's intentions, I've definitely stopped watching American tv in favor of British shows and Korean dramas because they always have endings and it's very satisfying. I don't miss the pain and sadness that comes from a show cancelled before it gets a close (HAPPY ENDINGS!! I MISS YOU SO MUUUCH!!!) or the equal sadness of watching a show you love go down in tired flames. All that said, I'm just really really gonna miss Kroll Show.

• Like 2

Simply my 2 favourite CBB characters.

I AM AMPED.

Seriously #174 'Series Regulars' is the best ep ever.

• Like 1

As a bonus to that article, read all of the comments left by ChefGus. Hilariously unfunny

Oh yeah, the guy with the swastika avatar? How do they allow that at EW? That is a flub for sure!

• Like 2

Did anyone catch Scott saying Electric Bill to the tune of Electric Feel? Happened in the first few minutes and that's all I really needed, the rest of the show was Bababababonus!

Great EP.

PS: Blisteritos

"I'll pass on that."

I hate when people try to look for controversy that isn't there, but did anyone else get the sense that Kroll Show ending might be at least in small part due to Nick not being too happy with Comedy Central?

Megahot show with megafunny laughs.

Completely lost my shit the first time "Lets take some calls" came up and flew out the room terrified the second time I heard it in the fear that I might actually die from laughter.

These episodes are getting dangerous.

I hate when people try to look for controversy that isn't there, but did anyone else get the sense that Kroll Show ending might be at least in small part due to Nick not being too happy with Comedy Central?

It's possible, but I've never* gotten the impression that comedians are happy working for corporations. Comedians are traditionally self-sufficient businesspeople, responsible for booking their own shows, deciding when and where to tour, which projects to work on, etc. Being beholden to a network—and the requisite studio executives, notes, and deadlines—seems to naturally chafe.

One example: Louis CK declined numerous offers from FX until they agreed to allow him to do whatever he wanted with minimal oversight, albeit on a shoestring budget.

Comedy Central has tried to embrace the "Louis CK model" with CC:Direct, offering downloadable specials directly to consumers for $5, but I've never heard a comedian offer more than a half-hearted endorsement (including Neil Brennan, Kumail Nanjiani, and Jonah Ray) because they receive 0% of the proceeds.

Meanwhile, the only incentive for comedians to push Netflix specials (Moshe Kasher, Chelsea Peretti, and the Sklars) is because higher numbers increase the likelihood of making another Netflix special, which must generate higher numbers, which…

* Except perhaps Key & Peele?

• Like 2

This natural ability at displaying things is what seperates a professional presenter like Scott from the amateurs.

IMG_9670-162x162.jpg

• Like 8

This episode had me laughing right from the catchphrase, so that's pretty alright. Thanks NickJohnScott and Allen P. Williams.

• Like 1

Three amazing episodes in a row!

Was actually crying with laughter at parts of this one. I like to imagine that Kroll & Mulaney were in costume for the whole bit too. (even though I know they weren't).

Definitely never thought the words "do you make your own deodorant?" could make me laugh for minutes straight. I'd like to know if lines like that are thought of beforehand, or Kroll is just mad in the head and that popped in organically in the moment.

This podcast is off to a legendary start. Between Horatio's insane character, Mike Hanford's John Lennon (which for some reason was the funniest thing in the world for me) and this week's show my gut has been...well, busted!

• Like 1

Here is the Billy Crystal "Robin Williams in Heaven" garbage they mention on the show. It has to be read to understand how horrible it is.

http://popwatch.ew.c...-billy-crystal/

That's literally like a bit from CBBTV or something. Here's a little teaser, for those of you unsure if you want to take the plunge:

DON PARDO (V.O.): Please welcome to the Big Room making his heavenly debut, Robin Williams!

Huge ovation from the enormous crowd that seems to go on forever. A spotlight finds Robin as he enters. He strikes many poses as he runs across the stage at times grabbing himself. He looks at the enormous crowd…

ROBIN: Oh my, please stop hovering and sit down! Amazing, it’s Woodstock with wings! (in a child’s voice) I don’t think I’m in Kansas anymore! (as John Wayne) Well, Pilgrims, as the frontier gynecologist said to the pretty lady, “You got a nice spread.”… Please don’t be afraid.

Crowd is already his. He roams the stage looking at the folks sitting ringside.

ROBIN (CONT’D): (as Bob Hope) This is wild…you kids here with the wings and the halos…this is like Da Nang meets Lady Gaga! (now in his own voice) Look at all of you, who’s that sitting in the balcony? Oh, Mr. Lincoln?

Abraham Lincoln, sitting in an opera box, smiles and waves.

ROBIN (CONT’D): Wanna know how the play ended? Spoiler alert, spoiler alert!

Lincoln doubles over, the crowd roars.

ROBIN (CONT’D): Oh my, he’s sitting with Lena Horne! Honest, Abe, (quickly) I know cheap but effective, you did pretty good for yourself, first the penny, now Ms. Horne, (singing) “Stormy Weather”… wow, you are so beautiful… (grabbing himself) The Emancipation Ejaculation. Don’t be afraid, so this is heaven?

VOICE: Well, it sure ain’t Iowa!

Big laugh from the audience. Robin peers through the spotlight.

ROBIN: Oh my, is that Burt Lancaster?

He rushes over and shakes Burt’s extended hand.

ROBIN (CONT’D): Man, when Burt Lancaster gets laughs it must be heaven…I know what you’re thinking, Burt, but Kirk isn’t ready yet. What a night, how much money have we raised so far???

He moves around the stage searching the crowd. He finds a stoic-looking couple.

ROBIN (CONT’D): Oh, sad faces, there’s always a few. Let me guess: comedy development at CBS? I know you’re not the Rosenbergs.

Big laugh as he moves on and finds a young girl.

ROBIN (CONT’D): OH MY GOD. You’re…

GIRL: Anne Frank.

Applause

ROBIN: Good to get out, isn’t it? Anne, is it true that being Jews, on Sunday nights you would get Chinese food…takeout? (whispering as Otto Frank making a phone call with a German accent) Yes, kung pao chicken, spare ribs, and fried rice for eight…and leave it by the bookcase…

Huge laugh: He reaches out to her, they hold hands for a second, and she blows him a kiss. He moves on to a white-haired man.

ROBIN (CONT’D): Oh no, it can’t be…you are my hero. Greatest mind of the 20th century and I can’t remember your name…

Big laugh, he’s rolling…

MAN: Albert Einstein.

ROBIN: Al, wanna know my theory of relativity? Never lend relatives money ’cause you won’t get it back.

They shake hands as Einstein laughs and shakes his head as if to say, “He’s right.” Robin is in the audience now, someone comes up behind him, puts his hands over his eyes...

• Like 2