🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 66 — Paul F. Tompkins Again, Our Close Friend

On this same topic, do I sound like I is from the Alabama?

You sound like people I know from rural PA (west of Scranton, where my dad's family is from). Some of them have a *very* slight southern accent. I'd describe it more as "rural" than "southern". I find it enjoyable FWIW.

PS Lots of fun. Having the first hangout broadcast may have made some of us be more reserved (Andy didn't tell his secret story until the second Hangout), but it's definitely fun to be able to rewatch the funny parts and get embarrassed by some of my bad jokes. I can't decide whether it's better to broadcast or not. We could broadcast to a private video. Also the 10-person broadcast limit is a little bit annoying, however I think 11 people is sort of an effective limit (modulo lurkers and Chanson's bed).

All in all I had lots more fun than expected. Greggy or Burgy is probably my MVP for the night.

• Like 4

It appears my mic worked for two seconds; you can hear me saying the dust in The Lion King was "the best part". Nice joke. It's actually "sex" in the dust though, I believe. Which is even hotter.

• Like 2

Anastasia, did you hold up a kazoo at musical instrument time? If you did, you're mvp.

Edit: You just held it up again.

My MVPs for the night were #1 handsome boy and our friend from Machester. Say it with me now, "ski" - "zell" - "oo"

• Like 3

I can play the pianny. Nobody told me this was basically a jam sesh w/cool bros/bras!

• Like 1

Anastasia, did you hold up a kazoo at musical instrument time? If you did, you're mvp.

Edit: You just held it up again.

I did. And in the after party hangout I actually played it a bit.

Who knew before this hangout that skizelo was British?

• Like 2

Missed the hangout last night and I hear I missed Andy playing Blue's Travelers? That would have made me randy sounding.

Also I changed my name per their directions.

• Like 1

I didn't know Skizelo was in the band Oasis...

Everyone from Manchester is in the band Oasis, right? That's my understanding of how that works.

• Like 3

Joe, I thought about having the camera just on a mug when I joined. Should have.

I decided to play a character who fiddles with settings for 20 minutes and then gets out.

mmm yes i was playing the character of "guy out of his element".
  • Like 2

I'm not changing my name because people already know to hate the name I already have and it would be a lot of work to rebuild that kind of brand presence.

• Like 9

Finally caught up with my backlog of The Reality Show Show and found this podcast. I don't know what comedy bang bang is

• Like 7

Asteck definitely won the pet game. That is one damn fine cat. Is she deaf or blind?

• Like 1

Holy shit, I almost cried I was laughing so hard when Andy showed up with swords.

quicklink to that moment:

• Like 3

hope everyone enjoyed episode 1 of "notes from the handbook: the HH aftershow"

• Like 6

aww geez. that looked fun. i had a friggin hawt night of reconciliation with my #1 bed-piss lady that rendered me unable to join forces with the A-team (you guys)....but i would have liked to jam some sesh and i also have an array of weapons including battarangs (batman's throwing knives), ninja throwing stars, an umbrella with a hidden sword inside, a red ryder bb gun, and a crossbow pistol. i'll come back when i'm feeling ambitious enough to read all these comments.

• Like 7

I don't have any weapons but I do have a pen pot nearby so I could probably turn one of those into some kind of stabber i guess.

Pretty bummed I couldn't be at the after party or the hotel lobby but it was already a full hour past my bedtime when we ended our initial Hangout. Don't know how you people do it. My sleep schedule is like the latest installment of the Richard Linklater love story series, Before Midnight, please.

Really left that film bummed, by the way. Can't wait until I can get some closure nine years from now.

• Like 9

Left the afterparty at 2 AM, was into work at 7:30. Been nursing a serious Hollywood Hangover since before dawn.

And the nightmare garbage sleep I got wherein I was chased by a sword-wielding, multi-colored-afro-wearing Blues Traveler cover band who played on an endless loop a men's rights activism themed Runaround parody until their voices were all but strained whispers certainly hasn't helped.

• Like 9

Is there a video of the afterparty? Me wantee linkee.