🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 66 — Paul F. Tompkins Again, Our Close Friend

9pm GMT would be 4pm EST and 1pm EST. That would be quite doable on a Saturday or Sunday. What do you guys think? Shall I start a new doodle poll with the next few saturdays and sundays on it?

Also, I would love to watch adventures in babysitting and discuss it at our next hangout.

Aaaaand, I think it's a great idea to have two hangouts and record them both. We could also have an after hours non-recorded safe space like last time. OR, we could use Microsoft Lync instead of google hangout because it has no limit to the number of people who can attend (or if it does, it is super high). It can also be recorded, but doesn't go straight to youtube.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, Doodle Poll all the way. But we may also want to get together on Tuesday again because I have a feeling the weekend won't work for a lot of people. During the day on the weekend typically won't work for me, unfortunately.

Okay, good, so we will all watch Adventures in Babysitting (or, at the very least, you and I will watch it).

I don't know what I think about two Hangouts vs one big Lync sesh. I think I prefer the division because I fear some people won't feel comfortable talking when there are too many others there, but I don't know. One Lync of 15+ puts less pressure on us individually.

• Like 1

Jes, are bohemian's cool? (I seem to recall not.)

Jes, counter culture IS culture. Atheism IS a type of religion. I can't believe its not butter IS ESSENTIALLY butter. Are actresses just actors? Or...do we still need the distinction so that girls could win oscars and emmys instead of losing to James Gandolphin and Bryan Cranstone every year?

Dear Jes. 9/11, no one forgets when America was made vulnerable. Do you remember what you were doing when you watched Bridesmaids and the world realized women can be funny too?

Jes, is your name short of Jessica, Jessifer or Jezebel?

• Like 3

Jes Macallan, aren't you missing some letters in there? What happened to them?

Jes, Sean said you are an "actual actress." When did you become an ACTUAL actress? (Was it just now when Sean said it?)

• Like 1

for hangouts: I probably will never join (due to deficient mic/cam/humor/bedside manner) but my goog email is [edited out] just in case

for J. Macallan: What are some good exercises that don't involve weights? I'm not sure if you're an authority on the subject but my body is a disaster right now and the only "dips" I know involve queso! Haha. I actually do know other dips though.

• Like 3

Questions for Jess:

1. In a post-Cosby world, is it appropriate that a certain comedian is taking people out alone in his car and giving them drinks?

2. Have you heard all the previous episodes of this show, or just most of them?

3. What did you get for Christmas?

4. FMK: Sean, Hayes, and the engineer.

• Like 3

Jes,

1.) How much are you getting on the back end? Like points-wise? Also what does that mean? Is that a thing? I don't know because I live in Seattle and that's not in Hollywood.

2.) Have you considered Bollywood? I hear that's a place for people to advance their careers. What do you think of curry? I have it on good authority that Joe McHale likes curry. Like, I saw him order curry at a local Thai restaurant on Vashon Island with his mom. Are you prepared for a global economy?

3.) What's your ideal first date? Say you were going on a date with an alleged men's right's activist from Seattle. Actually from Seattle, allegedly a men's rights activist. Just to clarify. But say he was a nice guy and not a dick... Like, you had a good time and stuff and he had a nice smile. Hypothetically. Just curious.

• Like 2

Jes,

Has any portion of this podcast seemed to you to be interminable, alienating, obligatory and/or bleak?

• Like 6

Jes,

Do you think Hayes would ever "like like" you back and does it bother you that he probably bones all the guests that come in?

Well, not all. We know Sweet Baby Weaz don't do that shit.

• Like 4

I hope his former girlfriend, future wife knows about this.

wg9DhBs.png

• Like 3

Jes, how do you think Paulie Sure felt when insurance firm E-Sure looked elsewhere for their spokesperson.

• Like 3

Jes,

Your TV Guide bio states that you started studying dance at age three, modeled in Miami and Milan, and got your degree in international business. Did following this path make it easy to achieve Hollywood stardom? I'm asking for a friend who is an aspiring actress, because she's creeping up on age three pretty fast and has some big decisions to make.

• Like 3

Jes,

A bottle of 1937 Macallan whisky can cost over $6000. Why so expensive? Is it brewed from the tears of magical orphans? If so, what are your feelings about this outdated style of alcohol makingness, and where are these magical orphans found?

Classic episode. Absolutely hilarious. BUT it was like 50/50 playful/mean. PFT was gracious and cool and fun. Seems like you need to play dumb to play along, and it does come across as mean and sarcasm. Just go like 80/20 playful. Sean and Hayes you're naturally funny -- just be yourselves.

Classic episode. Absolutely hilarious. BUT it was like 50/50 playful/mean. PFT was gracious and cool and fun. Seems like you need to play dumb to play along, and it does come across as mean and sarcasm. Just go like 80/20 playful. Sean and Hayes you're naturally funny -- just be yourselves.
Mmm yes change the show I agree
  • Like 9

Sean and Hayes you're naturally funny -- just be yourselves.

I am bored of them being themselves. I think it would really spice things up if they would be each other instead.

Edit: Oooh, or each week they could try to personify a different animal, plant, or abstract concept, and we could try to guess it in the forum afterward!

• Like 3

I have a dream that Sean and Hayes will one day live in a nation where they will be judged by the quality of their comedy and not by the the content of their characters.

But really, I've started to hear this criticism of the show a lot lately and it's very confusing. Beneath the thin veil of sarcasm, the show is very clearly 100% playful, 0% mean. I rarely read/hear people lay this kind of thing on i4h, which, while great, is unabashedly mean spirited and judgmental at times... even outside the realm of comedy. Do people genuinely not get that Sean and Hayes are making fun of themselves more than they are anyone else?

• Like 6

The idea that there is any real meanness in the show, especially this particular episode, is comical in the extreme. And not "loffity-loff" comical, but more like "eee-heh...eeewha?" comical. If I remember my Haim Slides, Hayes gushed about PFT (and LL, Benny Schwaz, etc) as being the best podcast guests because they are infallibly in on the joke and up for whatever you want them to do. Also, PFT is a repeat guest and he went on record with his HH super-fandom.

Edit: I looked at this line again "Seems like you need to play dumb to play along, and it does come across as mean and sarcasm." So it isn't that they are being mean to each other, or that anyone on the show thinks there is any meanness, but rather that it comes across as mean to the listeners? Coming across as sarcasm is a huge part of the identity of the show (#itsnotabugitsafeature), and as for coming across as meanness, I think that shows that they are trusting the audience to be able to get jokes.

• Like 1

I am bored of them being themselves. I think it would really spice things up if they would be each other instead.

They should do this one week just to fuck over those who cant tell their voices apart.

e: can Sean's frail frame containt a Hayes-level laugh? Can Hayes uh... do what, Sean... does.

e2: have cats. Can hayes have 5 cats.

• Like 4

#2)

Jes, I recently heard a rumor that upping Pineapple usage will make my 'you know what' taste better... Is it true? Will it make my Pineapple upside-down cakes taste better?

• Like 3

Jes,

It's Joe. Remember back in sophomore year when we were seeing each other, I let you borrow my Dave Matthews Band sweatshirt? Just wondering if you still had it and if you do, can I get it back?

Other question:

A lot of people said Jennifer Anniston was really great in Cake this year. My question is, how did they bake a cake big enough to fit her inside and what did she so inside the cake that really made her standout?

• Like 6

just relistened to this. one of the best. I wish that all the interviews that have game guests would be extended. All episodes should be a length based on guest participation/funnyness.

I think it would have been the funniest thing in the world if the Pauly shore interview was ten minutes for instance.

• Like 3