🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 66 — Paul F. Tompkins Again, Our Close Friend

They mentioned a mandate from Scott Awkwardman that they should make the show longer. In reality, I think it is evidence that the boss-mans are throwing more support behind HH, and that they've been given more time in the studio. No more getting booted from the room when the Wolf Den comes strolling in swinging their giant [redacted]!

• Like 3

I jumped straight to this page from page seven so I am guessing it is Jes as in Jessica from elementary school. Girl, why you so tall?

• Like 2

I have a dream that Sean and Hayes will one day live in a nation where they will be judged by the quality of their comedy and not by the the content of their characters.

But really, I've started to hear this criticism of the show a lot lately and it's very confusing. Beneath the thin veil of sarcasm, the show is very clearly 100% playful, 0% mean. I rarely read/hear people lay this kind of thing on i4h, which, while great, is unabashedly mean spirited and judgmental at times... even outside the realm of comedy. Do people genuinely not get that Sean and Hayes are making fun of themselves more than they are anyone else?

Isn't that half of what you hear about Case Closed though? Personally I like Matt's passionate hate. He's fun to listen to but I am glad S+H aren't like that. I really feel like we could be buds if I were a big Hollywood producer.

The theme song for this f*ed up charade is "private idaho". If you don't get this, you best move on to a friendlier podcast.

Since i'm drunk, here's the refrain. I hiked the whole damn appalachian trail in 2011, and here's what got me through

Matchgame, you done a real life Wild? Speak on that.

• Like 1

The way I see it, either you hiked extremely fast or you listened to that track more than once.

• Like 3

i'm relistening to the epi and I heard Sean congratulating Hayes on wearing "extra-nerdy glasses"

WSgTAo4.jpg

He looks like a programmer from the 80s.

• Like 5

Maybe he just got back from the auditions for Sorkin's Steven Jobs film?

He looks like he'd fit right in at 1990s Silicone Valley.

• Like 2

But really, I've started to hear this criticism of the show a lot lately and it's very confusing. Beneath the thin veil of sarcasm, the show is very clearly 100% playful, 0% mean. I rarely read/hear people lay this kind of thing on i4h, which, while great, is unabashedly mean spirited and judgmental at times... even outside the realm of comedy. Do people genuinely not get that Sean and Hayes are making fun of themselves more than they are anyone else?

Being a part of the podcast community for years has taught me that a significant portion of the audience are "on the spectrum", and one of the symptoms of Asperger's is an inability to discern intent based on someone's tone of voice. It is literally impossible for some people to recognize when a host is saying something sarcastically and/or with a smile on their face.

Hence, when someone doesn't get what seems like an obvious joke, there's a 50/50 chance they're legitimately incapable of understanding it and not just a stupid idiot asshole.

• Like 8

Being a part of the podcast community for years has taught me that a significant portion of the audience are "on the spectrum", and one of the symptoms of Asperger's is an inability to discern intent based on someone's tone of voice. It is literally impossible for some people to recognize when a host is saying something sarcastically and/or with a smile on their face.

Hence, when someone doesn't get what seems like an obvious joke, there's a 50/50 chance they're legitimately incapable of understanding it and not just a stupid idiot asshole.

Who made you the expert on the business of podcasting!? (Sarcasm! Or irony! I still don't always know the definition of irony! I yell when I am feeling unsure of myself!)

• Like 1

Hmm.

IMG_9890.jpg

Enhance.

NTfJeDe.jpg

Enhance.

neXTGaL.jpg

Eheheheh-whhhaaaa?!

P.S. those glasses suit him. Good choice, A+, he is No. 1 Pretty Boy.

• Like 12

There are so many earwolf show stickers being revealed on the internet. Agata, any chance you can hook up a forum sister with some stickers? I promise to stick them all over the bay area like a young empowered promotional street team, a team of one....me.

• Like 2

Anyone want to hangout tomorrow? In the afternoon or evening? We can discuss AIB.

• Like 2

This film is aggressively 80s

Edit: ya'think?

Especially in how horrible and entitled the kids are.

• Like 1

Bruce, maybe this should be our regular recorded show: the HH forum members discuss 80's teen movies.

• Like 2

Ok, here's what I propose: hangout tomorrow (Monday) at 1pm PST, 4pm EST, 9pm GMT. I only propose this because I have the day off of work tomorrow and I assume everyone else does too.

• Like 4